Thread: Morals
View Single Post
Old 05-3-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Morals

This is somewhat of a rant/discussion thread that I am genuinely curious how you all feel about. It comes down to peoples morals in respect to faith, loyalty, and kindness.

Those three fall into the "love" type of relationships that I'm curious on your thoughts about. It seems like to me that as the days become more modern, people are letting their minds stray from faith and loyalty from those they love. I personally feel I'm part of a dying breed of traditional folks.

Lately I'm encountering more and more people, namely my close friends, friends of friends and several relatives including immediate family who just don't care about their relationships anymore. It disgusts me. I understand that the social media we have at our disposal makes this an easy feat to be able to cheat on someone under the radar but what REALLY irks me is how proud both men and women are getting about the act. What put me in this state of discontent is my two closest friends who live with me are both dating girls and they excitedly tell me how they banged this random chick at the bar or at someone's house, etc etc. I'm disgusted to see that the friends I hold closest to me are this vile.

I know their girlfriends very well and they are great girls, girls I'd be overwhelmed to have as my own. But they are just proud when they get the opportunity to cheat on them. It blows me away. But it's not sequestered to them alone. A few members of my family, and several friends around me are succumbing to this trend. Sadly, and I am NOT trying to sound sexist, but, I am seeing this happen moreso in the girls I've seen and met as opposed to all the guys I've known and met. It really bothers me when I hear songs that praise the act of infidelity. It's absolutely atrocious. Maybe I'm overreacting but answer me this. When did faith in a relationship become second to someone's pride?

As a guy who's been cheated on(whilst in very stable relationships as far as I knew) by 3 different girls, I feel the need to vent about this swiftly growing problem. I've never cheated on the ones I'm with, I will admit I almost fell prey to the act once in my life and after 3.5 years I still feel the guilt about it. But I will never cheat on the ones I'm with and want to know there are those out there like me who believe in traditional values like I.

What's your guys feelings on this topic? Do you see the trend growing yourself? Do you get proud when you cheat on your gf/bf?

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote