Old 12-1-2004, 04:53 AM   #72
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVILPeeR
Wtf, Chardish, you're bashing people for calling Christmas something else?
I'm guessing you're not Christian? Many Christians feel offended that their holiday has been hijacked, homogenized, secularized, and commercialized without our consent.

WE'RE IN A CAPITALIST COUNTRY.

Might that have to do with the commercialization?

And secularized, America is actually one of the most religious countries in the world, particularly for its size, so just imagine how it would be somewhere else.

Are you imagining?

Okay, you can stop.

And when you said "without our consent", I felt you meant that to mean "without my consent". If the whole country is doing it, it clearly consented to it on a large-scale degree! Am I wrong? Maybe I am, but it doesn't really seem like it to me. But hey, alot of people can't see their own errors.

Besides, you weren't even AROUND when christmas was not commercialized. Like you said, it's been that way a LONG time. Bitter about the past? I guess that's okay.

And if you're guessing all these peple aren't Christian...then the non-Christians outnumber the Christians. So having a Christmas-Specific thread sounds...dumb. It does anyway. Do you see all of the Jewish people saying "oh, where's our Hanukkah thread"? Not thus far.

And thepoint is, if Christmas and all these other holidays are now stricty about gift giving more that religion, this thread is some nice common ground.

Besides, having separate threads clutters the forums.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote