View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
Xtreme2252
Jumpstreams Suck
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to Xtreme2252
Default Re: 2015 July/August Set 2

8/10
Difficulty: 55-57

A file that really succeeds at what it's attempting. It trims the fat off the v1 chart while keeping the main parts intact, and even manages to fix an oversight from the original chart near the start of the crazy jump runningmen, where near the end of the section there are additional notes unaccounted for in the original chart that are now distinguished by a switch from third notes to quarter notes.

6.5/10
Difficulty: 52-54

Very long song with quite a bit of repetition in the charting.

Critiques:
This is a minor nitpick, but some of the notes near the end half of the intro section aren't charted pitch-appropriately, where sometimes there's a distinct change in pitch that is represented by the same arrow previous.

These segments could be spiced up by charting the guitar in the background between the hands.

I think these sections really need to have the vocals layered into them as hands, otherwise they're really easy in comparison to the rest of the song.

This didn't seem to be an issue earlier in the song, but there are a lot of hands later on that don't sound like they should be anything more than jumps.

Positives:
-The intro was very well done.
-Though long, the song is good enough that I think this could work if the layering and charting was tweaked a bit.
-The song seems to be in sync quite well.
-Nothing frustrating and no massive difficulty spikes.

1/10

-Silence needs to be added to the start of the audio file. The first note of the song is cut off.
-Lots of major and abrupt BPM changes. This song sounds like it has a constant BPM. This needs to be the first thing to fix right after having the offset set before charting can even take place.
-There shouldn't be quads. Those should be only used for extreme circumstances in which there is maybe a very loud noise. One reason these are so frowned upon is that if you have a note closely following, it will make a jack since there's no free space to place the note to instead.
-Jumps and hands are overused. Jumps and hands should be used to emphasize distinct noises, not to make certain sections harder arbitrarily.

-Mostly all of the jacks I encountered in this song didn't seem appropriate, and many were way too fast to be justified.

I heard one note at this part.

Last edited by Xtreme2252; 02-11-2016 at 08:40 PM..