View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
DracIV
FFR Player

I continue to eat meat for one main reason: I believe that we are not at a level above the animals. Why do we think we are so great? Humans are not the top of the food chain- many animals like lice and bed bugs eat humans as their main food source. Humans are not above animals at all. We eat, we sleep, we seek shelter, we steal, we fight, we mate, we're the same as them. If you think language makes us better, how do you know that they have none? If you think technology makes us better, has it ever occurred to you that it may be a better choice to stop breeding like rabbits and limit your population to what can survive happily in an area, not miserably like we always do? If you think wit makes us better, how do you know every other animal isn't just as smart? Humans are dumb as a turd when they grow up totally alone. All babies copy their parents, even if that might be a dog or a moose or a human. Anything you know now is from what you copied. I see no advantages except a thumb, do you?

And so my personal way of showing this is to avoid doing something that says, "I'm better than everything else in this world." I eat meat, I use what I need and in the amounts that I need, and I keep no pets, for any I might have would be equals not slaves, etc. I know I am no better and I don't try to delude myself into thinking I am.

Is that a good enough reason for you?
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote