View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #2961
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaru View Post
okay maybe you're right lol, the pro players are just insanely good at making decisions
solo q is 90% decision making 10% execution (execution is what ex-dota players tend to focus on and is the reason the majority of solo q even at 1200 tends to think they're absolute badass)

making the right call in a bad situation is extremely difficult to do and is what sets apart the absolute top tier solo q from mid tier (it's like playing speed chess except you have 100 ms to make the best possible move choice and if you don't you automatically lose)

this sense of course takes 1000s (or 10s of 1000s if you're hsgg) of games to develop which is probably more time than most people here want to invest in the game

im pretty sure i said this somewhere else in this thread before but generally if you want to pick up decision making quickly what you should do is play super aggressively and learn from your mistakes. Again it helps to play with people who have been down that road and can point out mistakes and how to correct them (which i'll be happy to do with you guys while super unrusting from a 6 month break) also the offer to super review replays still stands.

and wow thinking about the game makes me really want to play again ;.;