View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #202
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

*Attention. Zageron has been removed from the list, and Syhto, our first one hand two fingered player, has taken his place, emerging onto 15th place.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
By flat keys, do you mean like on a laptop keyboard? I've always played this game on a laptop. The few times I played on a regular keyboard, I found it much harder to do because certain techniques I use don't work very well. Things like sliding my finger from the up arrow to the down arrow, frequently as part of a right-up-down-left combination, or hitting both the up and down arrows with my middle finger didn't work on the regular keyboard. Then again, my technique may not be the best, and I'm probably so used to the flat keys of a laptop that anything else would feel odd.
Well, not a laptop, but the keys are completely flat, akin to a laptop (the only differences being they depress more and have larger surface areas).

Switching to keys different than the ones you usually play on is difficult. When I first got my computer, it came with this keyboard, and unlike my old one, it had flat keys. It took almost a month to get used to.

But your technique is indeed modified by the height of your keys. One technique (like sliding your fingers on a flat keyboard) won't work for a keyboard with raised keys...which is why you should stick to your current keyboard.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 07-20-2008 at 09:29 PM..
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote