View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #31
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 1: We Are Pilots by Shiny Toy Guns (Album Choice: Korny)

Well... I'm like 2 or 3 weeks late but that's okay. I'm not gonna bother looking these guys up or writing an introduction or anything. Let me just crack open Spotify and get this over with. Tonight I'm too busy freaking out over tomorrow's Math and Latin finals so this review will not be wordy.

That first track wasn't so bad, I'm not a huge synthpop fan but hey, the alternating gender vocals were good and the song was catchy overall. But this second track, what the fuck? This bass is gross and so are the female rap vocals. I have no idea why, but this song reminds me of eating expired curry in a moist nightclub that smells like a mixture of BO and mescaline. Or maybe a Ke$ha concert. THIS was the lead single?! Why did I look that up I have to study for this math final (screw Latin).

These vocals are not to my taste. AGH DAMN THESE ADS I DON'T HAVE TIME. Tracks 3 to 5 all start out kinda spacey sounding, which definitely appeals to me, but they turn into clubby tracks within a few moments. You know, I didn't like the vocals on Le Disko, but I have to admit that they made the most sense for any song here. Overall, the female lead vocals make way more sense than the male lead vocals. I mean, we have these cold synths paired with a emo(tional) vocalist. It works about half the time (Rainy Monday, You Are The One). The rest of the time it's a really weird contrast. Shaken is a case where it works though, oh hell yes it works. The murky synths, chirping electronics, and pounding drums work PERFECTLY with the overemoting male vocals, and the female vocals in the middle are timed perfectly. Highlight track found. I'm just writing down everything that comes to mind. I'm not gonna check to see if these sentences are coherent or not. I hate Geometry, and I hate Latin. Thank god this is the last Latin test I'll ever take, and... Ah pre-calc. Damnit.

It's not very professional to go off on tangents, but screw you I'm doing this for fun. So yeah. This album. Okay I guess. I swear these will get better, but I have to study.

Best Track: Shaken
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote