View Single Post
Old 03-8-2015, 05:25 AM   #46
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Difficulty Changelog

I've compared it to every other 87-90. After some deliberation I feel 89 is the most suitable difficulty. (only barely)

For 88:
Considering the current AAA count in respect to how long the file has been released relative to every other file in it's difficulty range, the peak nps and the more subjective reasons such as jumpstream/jumptrill patterns generally being much less difficult than literally every other pattern regarded to be of the same approximate difficulty (yes it sounds biased as fuck but thanks to Stepmania; jumpstream is probably one of the most common strengths among players in the Master-Legendary range) it's hardly an unsubstantiated decision to drop it's difficulty below 89.
For 89:
Taking the aforementioned into consideration it's still quite possibly the most dense and most enduring file below 90.
Stamina is a big hurdle to overcome for most players and I think that this should be recognized.

The most important question is: is it miku Home Run Derby worthy? I feel as though that answer should be yes.
The stamina and consistency needed to master this file is the perfect delineation of what it means to be D7.

Then again I'm no difficulty consultant so my opinions should be taken lightly at best.

[/my2cents]

I'm curious to hear from the actual D7s about their thoughts on the matter; OWA in particular.
What was the reason behind the initial decision to lower the difficulty?

If the verdict to keep ToY below 89 stays, I suggest knocking stinger down another peg also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Goblin 84 to 83
^Also this.

Last edited by Mourningfall; 03-8-2015 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: fucking syntax
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote