View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #57
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Do video games and gamers deserve more respect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
read my post
we aren't talking about people who play video games/hobbyists, we're talking about a specific identity, aka Gamers, that meet various stereotypes and quite frankly make the rest of us who enjoy video games look bad. you know, the kinds of people who bitch and moan about "politics in video games" when a developer decides to add a female character with dark skin, or the kinds of people who stopped playing wow because the new customization lets you look like an actual black person and black people don't exist in european fantasy. both of those examples are 100% true btw.
absolutely this pretty much

Additionally--- I would say in general, if your entire personality revolves around one single thing, whether it be video games, Harry Potter, dubstep, Catholicism, etc. then you (general you, not "MML you") are not a well-developed person and probably not super interesting.

I see it all the time on dating sites tbh. Someone's bio will say "I love Harry Potter!! I'm a Hufflepuff with Ravenclaw tendencies " or... "I love The Office! Looking for the Jim to my Pam..." etc. It's boring as fuck and doesn't get me excited about talking to you. Same with gaming.

I'm absolutely for loving niche hobbies! Just be sure you're able to hold conversations about different topics or else it'll get old real fast.

...And like, there's no problem putting hobbies in your dating profile, but "I like Harry Potter!" tells me nothing. We all like Harry Potter. If you wanna put your interests in your profile make it some weird shit. "I like doujin music", "I like slasher films", "I like gemcraft", those at least set you apart from everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote