View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Angry Unofficial New Year's Celebration Tournament! ~Results

Welcome to the Unofficial New Year’s Celebration Tournament!

I, I love you (Rebound), and Nu0n will be the host of this tournament. Please read EVERYTHING carefully before you sign-up. We don’t want people doing things that we didn’t want them to do just because they forget to read the rules.

Tournament Rules and Overview:
In this tournament, there will be five divisions: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, and Masters. When you sign up, I will place you in one of these divisions based on your accomplishments in FFR and your level ranks.

Please do not message me asking what division you will be placed in. I won't respond. Everything will be posted when it is time. Thank you!

Tournament requirements:
-Must have at least 100 games played
-Must at least been a member for 0.15 years
-Must not be banned before tournament starts

Note: You have to be UNBANNED for you to sign-up for this tournament!

General Rules/Guidelines: (Modified from official tournament)

-When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, I will announce the main song and the tiebreaker song, if applicable. Your goal is to get and submit a higher score on the main song than your opponents.

-You can only play the specified main song for that round (assuming the tiebreaker is unnecessary). Rounds one and two will generally be 1 week long (7 days) each and the following rounds after that will be 5 days long unless otherwise noted.

-When you think you have a score you want to submit, take a screenshot of it and post in THIS Thread. No PMs allowed! We want the public to be able to view scores of every person in this tournament so it will make things easier for us and for everyone else.

Here are examples of the two most commonly used Screenshots:

Full SS (Recommended)<--- We will find a better example

Cut SS (Not recommended but allowed)

If you do NOT know how to take a screenshot, follow these steps:

1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. (For Mac users it is Command+Shift+3. For all who don't know, Command is the apple button.)

2. Go into Paint (Start>Programs>Accessories>Paint) or (Start>Run and type "mspaint") or another imaging program and hit Ctrl-V, which should make the screenshot pop up on the screen.

3. Save the screenshot somewhere in your computer. (I recommend Desktop, it's easier)

4. After that, you can do one of two things:
A) Go to an image hosting site, such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us and upload the screenshot from your computer. (If both of those sites are down or not working at the moment, Upload your Screenshots HERE!)
B) In the forum, you can click the "Go Advanced" button, scroll down where it says "Manage Attachments" and upload your Screenshot.
5. Post in Thread. Fair enough.

-You can submit any number of screenshots. We will only count your last one. Do not submit any scores that are lower than previously submitted scores, or you will be credited with the lower score.

-Your screenshots must be from some time after the round starts. This means that you cannot submit a screenshot of a score you got months ago, or even the day before that round starts. If you are caught submitting an old screenshot (and you will be caught if you try) you will be immediately disqualified.

- If there is a tie, all those with the tie score who are on the elimination number will have to play the tie breaker song. You will have an extra 24 hours past the end of the round to submit your score on the tie breaker.

-If you do not submit a score by the end of the first round, you will be considered to have gotten a score of zero and will not be moved on to the next round unless if you have a good reason why you didn’t submit. After round two and on, you have to submit a score and advance or you are out!

-Don't bother cheating, you'll be caught and immediately disqualified and notified by admin. Trying to secretly play in a lower division than you should be in by means of alternate accounts, or by any other means is CHEATING. Cheating will not be tolerated, and any evidence of cheating will result in disqualification. Also note that trying to piss me off by trying to bend the rules or trying to find loopholes will get you disqualified.

-We hold every right to ignore the entrance of certain individuals who we feel are more prone to the potential of cheating. If we say you cannot participate, you CANNOT participate! Our judgment on this is final and absolute.

[Update!]-Do NOT delete your replays! We want to be able to view those as much as possible!

[Update!]-We have been declined by a staff member about vrofl. Not to worry, we still have a lot of subscriptions, credits, and secret prizes to hand out to you guys!

[Update!]-If you guys are willing to donate for this wonderful tournament, send ALL credits to me and ONLY me. It will make things easier for the both of us!

[Update!]- The poll will change whenever sprite- is bored!

[Update!]- People who are highlighted in grey after a round is over are the ONLY people who has to post a screenshot of the tiebreaker songs. You get 24 hours to submit a screenshot of a tiebreaker song.

[Update!]- The Mr.Rubix 1 vs 1 three song battle has been cancelled due to his hand/wrist problem. I was really looking forward to that battle! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck and have fun!

-I love you, Nu0n, OnTheRox, and Sprite-

Last edited by i love you; 02-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: paula is cool