View Single Post
Old 06-6-2005, 08:47 PM   #9
User6773

Basically here's the direction I think this game needs to go in.

1) Abolish jTWG after the current game. It's served its purpose and if its players can't play in the big leagues they probably weren't cut out for it. The "anyone-can-play" variable was really interesting in the early days of TWG, and I think everyone's forgotten about it. The constant influx of newcomers (who could possibly be wolves) encouraged people to use their instincts instead of just passively waiting for someone to make a hypocrisy or "not act as usual."

2) Abolish timed signups. Instead, signups last for 48 hours. Anyone who signs up during that period gets 1 raffle ticket, and the appropriate number of players are randomly drawn.
If you didn't get in the previous game, the number of raffle tickets you had in the previous drawing gets doubled. So you get 2 chances, then 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, etc. Eventually it will be mathematically impossible to not get in. This is to prevent a horrible streak of bad luck from keeping someone out of the game. People who have been plain green 5 or 6 times in a row can relate to this.
NOTE: You must still sign up for each game in order to be considered. If you don't sign up for one, you lose all the raffle tickets you had stored.
SPECIAL SECOND NOTE, IN CASE THERE ARE IDIOTS AMONG US: Once you're in a game you're back to 1 raffle ticket.

3) Abolish banners. I just did this, but please, nobody bring them back. The focus of this game should be the current game, not the overall progression of your e-penis. This isn't the MLB or anything, and no one really cares what your batting average is. Also, no one cares what your batting average was 5 seasons ago, either. (Like the baseball references, Kilga?)
And get them out of your sigs, already.

4) Institute a new rule. 2 phantoms in the same game is a 1 game ban. 3 in the same game is a lifetime ban.

5) Institute a new rule that if you post just saying that you're voting to avoid a phantom, and you don't post anything more that day, it still counts as a phantom. NOTE: How "anything more that day" is interpreted is subject to the host's discretion. So you can't just say "lol hi" to save yourself from the phantom.