View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #2694
Afrombean
FFR Player

Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniOstrich View Post
As a side note, Pikachu players usually favor BF, and even counterpick it.
Then they use a drastically different method of fighting than I do.
Quote:
+RAR offstage thunder is more effective with thunder, due to the smaller ledge overhang.
"Reverse Aerial Rush" Thunder? I'm not sure you're using your terminology correctly, because reverse aerial rushes are forward moving backward directional aerial attacks. Pikachu has practically nothing to gain from RARing, and I honestly don't think I've ever even performed it as Pikachu in a real match. Do you mean Bstick/wavebounce? That works well on FD too, given proper timing.
Quote:
+QAC locks are easier to setup
That's a glitch as far as I'm concerned. I don't worry myself about things which are definitely glitches.

Quote:
+Platforms setup utilt/uair juggle combos
If I employed a tactic based around juggling, why would I be playing Pikachu? All Pikachu's got in that department in his up tilt and smash, and that simply doesn't cut it. His best method for getting at foes above him is to thunder, not juggle them, and like I said, platforms above make it harder to use Thunder to its full potential.

Quote:
+Platforms can be used for thunderbolt camping
"thunderbolt"? You mean Pikachu's neutral B, "Thunder Jolt"? Are you suggesting it's better to sit up on a platform and leave my bottom unprotected from possible onslaught from below, than it would be to just sit on the other side of a straight flat platform and spam from there?

That, and spamming as a fighting technique is lame. I only spam as baiting or messing around or occasionally minor damage.
Quote:
+You can keep use your advantage of speedy low-lag attacks more because there is less room for escape
Battlefield isn't that much smaller than Final Destination, and I'd say it has roughly equivalent room for escape. Less lateral direction, but higher vertical. I don't know about you, but those platforms are definitely a pain to attack around with Pikachu's aerial moveset for me.

Quote:
(these based off of Anther, currently #1 Allisbrawl.com ladder, as well as a huge tourny-goer and victor of several notable large tournaments, widely accepted as the best Pikachu)
If the "best player in the world" uses a certain technique, that one technique is the only viable option? "Oh his tactic works well on this stage, so everyone should use that tactic on that stage." Sorry, I like my techniques, and I know that my techniques are less effective on Battlefield.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote