View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e
Default 7th Official FFR Tournament

Sup FFR~ Welcome to the 7th OFFICIAL FFR TOURNAMENT!
A place where it doesn't matter if you are AAA'ing the hardest of the hard, or just having fun tapping to your favourite FFR songs ;D

Sign-ups closed on Saturday, June 30th at 11:59PM Server time.
Tournament pending start date is Sunday, July 8th at 00:00:01AM.
Tournament will conclude approx. Saturday, September 1st at 11:59:59PM.

*If for some reason the sign-up button doesn't work for you
, send me a PM and you will be added manually.

Tournament Rules and Overview: [thanks to kayla for parts from last years op~]

-In this tournament, there will be six divisions: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert, Masters, and Guru. When you sign up, I will place you in one of these divisions based on your accomplishments in FFR--you cannot just "sign up" for any specific division, so don't even bother saying which division you want to be in. There is NO LIMIT to the number of spots in this tournament.

-When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, the songs for each division will be posted at the top of the second post in this thread. Your goal is to obtain a higher score on your song than your opponents.

-There will be 8 rounds in this tournament, each one week (7 days) long.

-You must have at least 250 games played on 75 different, fully played songs to enter this tournament.

- All users sharing the same point value with someone below the elimination line will have to play a tie breaker. You will have an extra 24 hours past the end of the round to submit your score on the tie breaker.

- If you do not submit a score by the end of the round, you will be considered to have gotten a score of negative infinity on the song. Those who have a score of negative infinity when the round ends will be eliminated, regardless of elimination cutoffs.

- Don't bother trying to cheat; you'll be caught and immediately disqualified. Trying to secretly play in a lower division than you should be in by means of alternate accounts, or by any other means is CHEATING. Cheating will not be tolerated, and any evidence of cheating will result in disqualification. Also note that trying to bend the rules or trying to find loopholes will get you disqualified.

- We hold every right to ignore the entrance of certain individuals who we feel are more prone to the potential of cheating. If we say you can not participate, you can NOT participate. Our judgment on this is final and absolute.

- The end time of the round will be noted within the thread for that corresponding round. After that time, the round is over and no more scores will be accepted.

- Be respectful to staff, tournament hosts/helpers and other users. Users that are causing trouble may be removed from the tournament and even possibly given a ban at the staff's discretion.

*I reserve the right to remove, move or ban a user any time during the tournament*
*Complaining about placements once they are up will be warned once and then you will be removed from the tournament*
*Issues regarding placements should be taken up with myself via PM or through my contact info available on my profile*

Click the button below to see this years prizes!!

Of course, what sort of tournament would this be without credit prizes??

This year the prizepool spans from 1st all the way to 8th-16th place depending on what division you are placed in,
with a grand total of just over 9 million credits to play for!!
To see what the prizes are this year, look no further than the table below.

As well as the regular credit prizes there are also an assortment of tokens being offered to each division. These include the regular Vertex Beta vRofl for the top 8 of each division + the 3 support tokens (Dendrite v2, Tell v3 & Coactive [Over my shoulder Mix]) + the 2 event tokens FREEDOM DiVE & The wisest were wrong. These will be awarded dependant on your finishing place in the tournament, and the payout of tokens can be seen in the table below.

SessileNomad is donating some limited edition physical copies of his albums to winners of the tournament. If you'd like to get a taste of his music be sure to visit his BandCamp~
*More details to be finalised during the tournament.

I will also be making a special run of FFR stickers and posting them to every user that reaches the top 16 of their division!!

And to cap off all of the prizes there are a lot of users that will be donating prizes, with more to be confirmed as the tournament progresses.

~who_cares973 has offered to step a song of the winners choice in each division~

~m0de has offered $180 grand total prize ($30 per division winner) in the form of a gift card to either amazon.com, or newegg.com.

~00Razor00
is putting together some cash prizes for the winners~
*More details to be finalised during the tournament.

More prizes will be added to this list, this is just a basic outline ~stay tuned~

Good luck and have FUN!

Tourney FAQ

Q: How do I sign up?
A: [Sign-ups are closed]

Q: How do I submit a score?
A: The game automatically records your best score on the current rounds song to the tournament dashboard.

Q: What happens if my score doesn't record?
A: If you are having difficulty with your score recording please PM me and be sure to take adequate screenshots.

Q: When will I know what division I'm in?
A: When placements are finished they will be viewable on the tournament dashboard. Please do not PM me begging to be in a specific division.

Q: Can I choose what division I'm in?
A: Any user requests for being placed in a division will be ignored until they are finalised. Once this is done, you can ask to be moved up a division but not down. This is final, and discussion/complaining about being placed in a higher division will be warned once and then you will be removed from the tournament completely.

Q: Will we get to see the list of entrants before the tourney starts?
A: Yes, a full list will be made available between the end of sign-ups and before the tournament starts.

Q: Will I be able to see the other players in my division and their scores?
A: Yes, The dashboard will show you all the following information, What division you are in, The current round song, The other players in your division and their scores, Where the elimination line is, and you can view the other divisions and the players there as well.

Q: Are we playing new songs?
A: Yes, all the charts being used for the tournament are from the most recent batches and have not been played.

Q: Are you placing us based on our old stats? I haven't played in a while and have had a skill drop.
A: Yes, you will be placed by a team helping with the tournament based on your stats. Even if you haven't played in a while and are rusty, there's the chance you will get back up to that level rather quickly. There's time to practice before the tournament starts and the tournament runs for two months. That's a lot of time to regain skill.

Q: Will there be T-Shirts?
A: As of right now there are no T-Shirts. I have heard word that a user might make some specifically for this tournament, nothing is concrete yet.

If for some reason, your question isn't answered here, simply post in the thread ;D

Last edited by nois-or-e; 07-1-2012 at 01:37 AM..