View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 02:36 AM   #3
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: A question (or two) relating to stepcharts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ositzxz369 View Post
If I am making a stepchart in Beginner difficulty (which I just now learned from the submission rules that it's a no-no), is there a way to copy/paste it to another difficulty (like Light)? Or do I have to start over?
Yes. You can use "copy from existing" on a new difficulty in Stepmania. Very easy to do in ddream too, just copy all the steps and paste into a different difficulty. Also delete the Beginner because you can only have one difficulty in a submission.

Quote:
Also, long songs (at least 5 min) are okay as long as they aren't repetitive? Or would I have to submit them into parts?
Going to depend a lot on the song, and the chart as a whole. Being repetitive isn't necessarily the same as being outright boring. Sometimes it might be better to trim out the more boring parts of a song to keep steppable parts, which is a somewhat advanced use of Audacity...

Quote:
Also, if I set my play speed (not song speed) in Stepmania at 2x, is it the same as 2x in FFR?
No. Speed mods in FFR are more analogous to CMods in Stepmania. A 2x mod in Stepmania scrolls the arrows at 2x the BPM of the chart at any given point, while a CMod scrolls at the same rate no matter what. That's what is in FFR, all songs scroll at the same rate that you can set in the options.
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote