Thread: "Time Travel"
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
gausmaster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default "Time Travel"

This is somthing I have been pondering for quite some time and I would like imput from a few high-level thinkers.
I know there are a couple impossibilities in this idea but please dont get hung up on them.
When you see a star at night, the light you are seeing is not what is happening right now but what was happening (perhaps) millions of years ago based on the speed of light and the extreme distance betwine the Earth and most stars.
So here is my theory.
Assume (by some freak act of phisics) that we found a way to rocket a shuttle many times faster then the speed of light. If we shot this shuttle very far away from earth and passed light for a long period of time would we be able to eventualy stop and (with a very powerful telescope) look back at the earth as it was thousands or perhaps millions of years ago? Just like we on Earth can see the birth of a star that has most likely already died out in real time, could we look back on Earth and see such things as living dinosaurs, or the Battle of Thermopylae? Or possably see yourself playing outside as a child? I'd like to hear your ideas.

FC=400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
i like to do heroin. is that a bad habit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
I tend to masturbate while playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post

im so drnkl
gausmaster is offline   Reply With Quote