View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #21
NotNate
FFR Player

Default Re: R^3 Air 1.0.0 ALPHA Test

First time poster. Been playing FFR a lot recently, and have two different devices I use it on. Normally I set my FPS to 144 in my settings because that what my monitor's refresh rate is on my gaming computer, and on 0.07 AIR it usually just lowers it to whatever my current setup's refresh rate is. My laptop is the first I have tested this build on. Have not tested it on my gaming computer, will try that tomorrow.

Note: On no grounds am I to be regarded as a great FFR player. I am mediocre at best, so my opinions may not be expert quality, but my opinion is of that coming from an average, no AAA songs player.

Ratings

Flash in-browser: 7/10

For me, I use the in browser version when I have free time at school. No major issues besides the occasional lag spike, which is much rarer than it actually sounds.

Flash standalone: 4/10

The quality drop is very noticeable to me and it is very hard for me to actually hit any notes perfectly. Usually tend to avoid flash standalone.

Air Edition 0.0.7: 9/10

LOVE this version so much. The quality is great and I notice no lag spikes nor inconvenient bugs. Look forward to even better fine tuning of this version.

Air Edition 1.0.0 ALPHA: 2/10

This alpha was disastrous for my laptop. In this new version, the program no longer tries to play the game at the monitor's max refresh rate (depending on what you have your FPS set at), but it will play exactly what you have your FPS set at. For example: as previously mentioned, I have my FPS set at 144 so that it will play 60fps for my laptop and 144fps for my gaming computer. This worked perfectly until this alpha, which tried to play the game at 144fps instead of lowering it to meet the monitor refresh rate. "Why don't you just lower your FPS to 60 then?" you may be asking. Well, I did, and even then, it was terrible. There were lag spikes every other 20 seconds, dropping to nearly 35fps in the spikes. Not only that, but there was a gigantic increase in screen tearing. This is a version I cannot use until fixed, and it is understandable that these issues occur because it is in early alpha.

Last edited by NotNate; 05-17-2018 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Formatting
NotNate is offline   Reply With Quote