View Single Post
Old 08-4-2018, 01:05 PM   #10
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG C9^3 Setup/Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I have the feeling that higher-point games favor town since the increased diversity of wolf/mafia roles kind of forces wolves and mafia to hunt each other more aggressively?
that's the idea, but i don't think it will shake out that way as written

at "worst" there can be 9 scum in 19 players, meaning with sufficient inaccuracy, town can very quickly lose control of the lynch and be forced to rely on the scum cannibalizing each other if they want it back

i think that's a very unfun game if you're town, other than strong townies may not die as readily

but reducing the overall scum numbers just confirms multiball to both scumteams so that doesn't work either

i want to analyze specific rands but i'm lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
oh duh

I was talking to Xiz about this problem but they don't know that there's another team right?

the problem of wolves being the primary team and mafia being the secondary team (or vis versa) is solved by the host randing equally between the two which term is used for games in which there is only one scum team

but because they don't know there's another team the like 10 minutes of ranting I did at Xiz about multifaction scumteams is kinda void if they don't know that there's another team
right

i said randing the flavor for singleball was a good idea in my post lol
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote