Old 06-3-2019, 10:51 AM   #97
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Blitz Tournament 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Pretty irritated that profile badges were added to the prize pool only days before the tournament ended; I would have joined had I seen those were publicized from the get go or at least much earlier on than they were since I don't care for solely credits.
From the day the tournament was announced, it was at least implied/described that I was -trying- to make that happen. The reason it did happen was that I was able to get access to / and programmer help from people from whom that help was not guaranteed. I didn't want to come out day 1 and promise something I might not be able to deliver. As soon as I could deliver it, I promised it. Don't worry, there will be more blitzes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
The profile badges are cool and all but they would be better if they included division.
The token interface is a huge giant mess of nonsense. There have been 11 official tournaments, and because the official badges show division, and also have participant, top 8, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st versions, in order to actually have those, that section had to have 305 individual badges designed, uploaded, and manually given out.

To just have a 'participant' and 'top 3' and 'first' badge for the blitz, there are instead of 35 badges per tourney ....three. That is basically WHY the badges got to happen. Asking somebody to spend 5-10 minutes making a badge versus asking them to spend a couple hours making multiple badges just so it can show which division you played in turns it from "sure no problem" to "maybe if I have some time on the weekend, it sure would be nice if I could get compensated for all the graphic design"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EppuJoloZ View Post
Hmmm... that actually sounds good, just like in OTs. Perhaps for the next blitz tourney ;D *wink wink, devonin*
See above.