View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #811
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 528: Malibu Ken by Malibu Ken

Within 5 seconds of playing the album, one can immediately tell that this is Tobacco making the beats due to his distinctive style, although for the most part he uses a greater amount of restraint and lower amount of overdubs which makes the whole thing sound nice and simple in some places, empty in others.

Acid King has the best lyrics on the album. Suicide Big Gulp has the best flow on the album. Although the flow is something that seems to have changed very little, the last Aesop Rock release I reviewed was a lot more... impenetrable with the words chosen, but the beats were not nearly as weird, which I care about more.

Overall, I definitely like this one. Some parts are weaker than others and I think that the Black Moth Super Rainbow guy went a bit too restrained, but this is an enjoyable, concise album with fresh approaches.

Best Track: Tuesday or Sword Box
Rating: 7.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote