View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 02:05 AM   #17
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: Guys, I got StepMania into AGDQ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Sadly, very few viewers are going to be able to tell the difference between what Staiain AAs and what, say, I play to AA.
as a side note very few people are going to be able to tell the difference between a dump and a legit file and I would argue that the existence of "quality dumps" is one of the cornerstones of what truly separates sm from other games

although I agree they should be avoided unless played as one of the last charts to showcase a "lulz level"

but honestly i think the charts that you end up playing are largely irrelevant

i think in order to properly appeal to the speedrunning crowd you essentially have to convince them that what you're doing isn't mindless mashing

for example, when playing a game at 30 fps frame perfect timing falls within 33ms timing windows

frame perfect timing is a concept speedrunners can relate to and even on files of considerable difficulty 70%+ of your inputs fall within frame perfect timing

this should be something that speedrunners can find to be impressive regardless of whether or not they can play the game

e: damn you ninja'd me in large part while i was typing this and eating breakfast

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 11-26-2015 at 02:09 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote