View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
plasmix
FFR Player

Default How To Get Songs On To Stepmania

I hope this will clear up all the topics saying that people need help on getting songs onto their StepMania. I have made step by step photos in attachments at the bottom.

[Step 1: Accessing the Folders] *corresponds to picture #1 + 2* - First, go to the StepMania General Folder, or :

C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS

Look down the list of folders. You should see one called "Songs". Open it.

Now you should be at :

C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS\Songs

[Step 2 : Opening the ZIP's] *corresponds to picture #3* - First, create a new folder for a category. I usually name it for the stepfile makers. (I put Arch's songs in a folder called "Arch0wl Songs") Or, to clear up confusion, you can simply name the folder "All Songs" to put every single one of your songs in. Now you should be at :

C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS\Songs\All Songs

Now, go find the ZIP to which contains all the neccessities. Every song MUST have : A .DWI file, (or a .SM file) and a .MP3 file. (or a .WAV file) To open the ZIP, just click 'Open' and it will start downloading. Now you should be in the ZIP Archive and you will see the DWI, MP3, and most of the time, several other images.

NOTE: If the .ZIP is linked from GeoCities, RIGHT CLICK the link and select 'Copy Shortcut' and paste that into the URL area.

[Step 3 : Extracting the Files] *corresponds to picture #4*

You should now be at :

C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS\Songs\All Songs

Create a folder for the name of the song you wish download and play on SM. (Ex. Afronova Primeval) You should now be at :

C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS\Songs\All Songs\Afronova Primeval

Now, extract each file into the Song Folder. (.MP3, .DWI, etc.)

Now you can play away.

Last edited by plasmix; 05-31-2006 at 08:52 PM..
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote