View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #159
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

I know I'm really late to responding, but I'm just so petty I have to respond to the last of it. I've spent an actual week on it since I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Honestly, I'm not going to get super into it with you, you've been around long enough to know that we've always reserved the right that if a file would not fit into the tournament for one reason or another it could be kicked out to another batch to be judged. A v2 to a song that is a part of the prizes for an event to me seems like it'd be a no brainer, but I'll say sorry for not spelling out literally everything. I have too much expectation of common sense I guess. From now on I'll take the time and marinate on every line for a few days to make sure I don't miss anything.

Also, he just put in countless hours to get this done and it's ridiculous to have to put up with this over ONE LINE he put in his notes. Just move on.
1. Sure you could have kicked it to another batch, you didn't do that. It's not relevant.
2. You think it's a no brainier, doesn't mean everyone else does. I don't think alternatives to gated files should be an automatic exemption, but had I know it was, I would have subbed a different file.
3. You claim it's an execution of common sense, but really there's nothing common sense about it. There's no precedent to reference, there's nothing said anywhere about what you personally would consider worth moving to another batch, in short there's no way to know what you would move is. It's a guess and hope system, which is totally inefficient.
4. The time he spent really doesn't matter, it just doesn't. Not in this discussion anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I literally wrote 40 (single spaced) pages of judgment notes for 83 files, spending likely 60+ hours of my time to expedite notes to all of the people who have offered to contribute to the site's premiere event, all in the span over a touch above two weeks, after working 40 hours per week on my computer on top of it. Including the weekends, this is two weeks of me spending very literally 70 hours a week between my normal job and what was temporarily a second job, because I actually wanted to see this through and committed the time.

(For those of you that were around during the last OT, think of this as a reprieve for my poor approach towards judgment last time that caused things to stagnate for a long time. A redemption of sorts.)
You did this of your own volition, and just because you had a good intention doesn't mean it mattered. You made a mistake, I called it, and there was even a response that actually avoided all of this, and while Kayla almost got it the second time, I'd say it misses the mark slightly. All that needed to be said was "We didn't think we needed to do that." Or, the one I was looking for, "We didn't think we needed to do that, but will do so in the future."

I don't care about the time you put into it, it just doesn't matter. It's a reason to have made the mistake, but it's absolutely no reason to have gotten upset over what you say is a minor complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I'm not going to be tactful towards you anymore because you are clearly too self-centered to realize that you're bitching about a minor disagreement over a single line of notes, so I'm just going to go right the fuck out and say it:

As of this moment, I legitimately could not be bothered to care any less about you as a content creator, nor the creations that you have made to the game, with the piss-poor self-centered attitude you have. Kindly get over yourself, take whatever it is that continues to be up your ass out of it, and fuck off.
1. You haven't been "tactful" with me since you blew up at me on the front page.
2. If it was so minor, why is both yours, and her responses so much more blown out of proportion than mine. Mine's strongly worded, sure. But it wasn't offensive.
3. My attitude is bad, yeah. The way I talk, and type, yeah it's really blunt, really harsh, and to a lot of people it's off-putting, heck I'll even give you that I can be heavily dismissive of others. But I wear that, and own it. I'll apologize when I can agree I went too far.

Don't try to act like my original post was that bad though, it wasn't. It was a simple complaint with a harsh tone, and since you want to make this personal, allow me to as well: you know me through years of interactions, and know that my original post is just simply how I talk. You two blew this up worse than I did, don't try to sell it otherwise. Don't act like I'm the super shitty person here, I'm not.

I don't care if you like me as a creator, or as person. It's not relevant. If you want to make the choice to ignore all my content, go for it. I'd honestly prefer it to a high degree at this point as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
Man, I feel with that last post it's starting to become nitpicky from one side and straight up hostile from the other. Aren't we adults that are all here for the same reason, to get awesome files and music into the game?

People are going to be sensitive about their work sometimes, cool off and solve it in a private conversation or something.
I am very nit picky. But the expectations should be made clear. No one here has an actual laid out idea of what would get their file exempted from use. Also, if I want to make it public, I am totally within my right to do so. There's nothing that says my original post is against the rules, and to keep it private or public is a choice I get to make. I considered it - but figured maybe others might have something to add. They didn't, that's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
lol xel
a 5.5 for a freedom dive chart is not the hill to die on imo

it's fucking freedom dive
chart better music
You don't get it, that's fine. Go reread my posts again.

The only thing this has really shown me, is that honestly we need more people to work on the official, especially in the simfile judging department. The batch for it needs to open sooner, the guidelines need to be made as clear as possible. A repeat can be avoided. I could probably word my posts a little better next time. But I don't think I need to in this instance.

I probably won't check back. Just the way it was left, I couldn't leave it.