View Single Post
Old 03-1-2012, 02:50 PM   #3064
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default Re: League of Legends

lol i build Garen really different, generally as an offtank. btw sword of the occult is a really situational item and if you build it everygame you could be wasting an item slot

start with boots 3 pots and get my Q first for movement and silence, farm until around 1.9k gold then get giant's belt + heart of gold
then i farm some more, get merc treads if the enemy team has 2 aps or a lot of CC, otherwise only ninja tabi
then i go for atma's, turn the giant's belt into either frozen mallet if i need people to catch or a sunfire cape

ie core build is generally Merc. Treads/Ninja Tabi > Heart of Gold > Giant's Belt > and Atma's then turn heart of gold into randuin's after you figure out what item you want giant's belt to be (whether its frozen mallet, sunfire cape, or possibly warmog's)

i'd skip sunfire cape in almost every situation only because it really defeats the purpose of the atma's (randuin's + sunfire cape is only 800? hp, so you'd only get around 16ad). only use it if you're the one needing to initiate or in other cases you need more hp and armor earlier in the game.

btw i don't build boots of swiftness because to have +3 movement is generally too situational and almost 99% of the time totally useless if the other team is going to CC you to death. Merc. Treads can give better movement with the tenacity, so they can generally overrule boots of swiftness