Thread: Mach 5 Achieved
View Single Post
Old 11-1-2014, 11:35 PM   #11
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mach 5 Achieved

Not sure how the thread title makes any sense at all - firstly from a literal standpoint:

I'm assuming that you're using a Logitech K120 because that's what all the cool kids are using these days. I'm also assuming that you're playing in your own house (i.e. on Earth) and not underwater, which is filled with gas more than anything else. Mach 5 is 1701.5 meters per second.

Bottoming out is about 2-3mm, and the max NPS of The Hypocrisy is about 24 (based on the NPS graph, thanks blanky). That means that you're playing FFR at a speed of 48 to 72 millimeters per second. That's of course, assuming that you're bottoming out. You need 45-50g to actuate the keys on a K120, 30% additional force if you're bottoming out. 60g-65g of force isn't really that much, but seeing that you're struggling considerably (220 goods out of 5.5k notes or so) it is assumed that you're mainly hitting just enough force to register the keys. At most, you'd be smashing keys at around 60 millimeters per second. Essentially, you're smashing keys at 0.000035263% of Mach 5. A horrendous horrendous lie when you are claiming to achieve "mach 5" through Flash Flash Revolution.

Of course if you're talking about it in a figurative sense (which makes more sense), that score isn't really good for you. The Hypocrisy is essentially a low-mid FSO, and especially if you consider yourself a "front-runner" of D7 - you should be getting 30s at worst. That combo is good, I'll give you that for sure, but no one uses combo scoring in 2014. Maybe you're bad at jumpstream/stamina in general, but that score is mid-high D6 at best even. Maybe high D6 if the person isn't very good at stamina. You have 21 goods on Thinking of You however, so you don't have too much of an excuse to say that you're bad at speed. Not saying that 21g on ToY is overly good for D7, but you can definitely do a lot better than a 220 good score.

But each to their own. Basically if you came all the way down and ignored everything I said beforehand, all I'll say is "you can do better".
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote