View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #5
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: I have a video from fb about gaining muscle.

I can't watch the video at work for whatever reason, it won't load, but I have an idea of what they're talking about based on Mahou's description.

'Test boosters' are basically just another one of the many bullshit supplements the fitness industry sells.

It exploits a well known and common sense fact that increasing serum testosterone will increase muscle mass and strength. The most basic of anabolic steroids, Testosterone, would obviously do exactly that, which is why it's a banned substance outside of prescription for low testosterone.

The FDA would never allow the sale of a 'test booster' if it actually did what it claimed to do (raise testosterone) LOL, so it ...doesn't do what it claims to do. That would classify it as an anabolic steroid. Historically speaking, the FDA has been swift to ban any anabolic steroids that have made their way onto supplement store shelves. Hell, the FDA has banned almost all supplements that do literally ANYTHING, their reach extending to well liked supplements like Jack3d for the DMAA content, etc.

Test boosters usually rely on an ingredient called D-AA and a concoction of a bunch of other bullshit herbs that don't do anything. There is some evidence to suggest that D-AA *might* increase testosterone levels in older men that are testosterone deficient, but in a healthy male or female it's not going to do anything.

Anyway, generally speaking anyone trying to sell you some secret to building muscle is just trying to make $. There are no secrets. There are no secret supplements. The only supplements that 'magically' build muscle aren't a secret at all, they're called anabolic steroids and ironically some of them are probably cheaper than these supplements that don't do much of anything. If there's 'one strange trick' to getting jacked, it's sticking a needle in your butt that is filled with a banned substance, and there are tons of athletes doing exactly this while trying to sell you their own brand of bullshit supplement.

Be careful giving your money to the fitness industry, it's a jenga tower of lies. They've created a multi billion dollar industry that relies on peoples ignorance to fuel it, but the fact of the matter is that building muscle and getting in shape involves only a few pretty simple principles that you don't need to pay anything for (other than maybe slightly increasing your grocery bill). If you need more information I'm sure myself or many others here can help you out.

Last edited by Reach; 03-15-2017 at 06:45 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote