View Single Post
Old 01-8-2016, 11:10 PM   #14
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ

Well I am familiar with the IIDX community, and I understand that they may feel slighted at the fact that IIDX continues to remain as a niche/underground game, while thousands of people will now be familiarized with Stepmania. It may even lead some of the general public to mistakingly assume that Stepmania/DDR is the heart of rhythm gaming in general. I myself would not want that sort of misrepresentation. But as mentioned many times already, the IIDX community should take the initiative to represent the beatmania series by applying at AGDQ - and I encourage that, as well as other rhythm games.

It doesn't help that many members of the IIDX community are known to make incredibly distasteful posts on forums. This is especially prevalent when you ask a very opinion-oriented question...many are ready to assert their views as facts. I think MixMasterLar knows very well which specific community I have in mind. I'm willing to bet that some members were the same ones that were posting on 4chan glorifying IIDX.

Last edited by bmah; 01-8-2016 at 11:14 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote