View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 05:38 AM   #29
TheThong
♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to TheThong
Default Re: are ideas such as "respect" or "being nice" mutually understood, or are they vagu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Imo, a simple form of respect should be given to anyone, and whether or not it gets more reformed or lost is up to the person being given that respect.

Respect in my thoughts is to be straight with one another and to not have selfish use of someone. Being respectful isn't always nice, especially when you have to put a friend in their place. "Being nice" is like "have your friends back, even if they're wrong" and i don't agree with that.
I agree with this. I always treat people with respect initially (like I give everyone the benefit of the doubt), if they're gonna be an asshole - then I won't waste my time/energy on them.

I have this lady at work (who is in her 50's - not that age matters), that constantly runs around in circles and complains about how busy she is. So I'll give her a hand, and on multiple occasions she will yell at you and say, ' I didn't need your help, why are you young people so disrespectful and trying to take my job '. 🙄 I'm not sure how me helping you to be less stressed is me being disrespectful. 🤷