Thread: ITG/DDR Scores
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #433
Mad Matt
FFR Player

Default Re: ITG/DDR Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinTS2 View Post
Making a completely new theme takes hell a lot of time and the fact that you're working on 3 different themes blows my mind.
I've been mainly working on only 2 themes, Meatboy and Simply Love. Tactics is just getting some minor upgrades with all the new cool stuff I've figured out like multi-line speed mods, automatic adjusting of speed mods to compensate for rate mods, etc. I haven't even started the Bearpocalypse theme. I spent a week or so playing around with some conceptual stuff back in January and realized I now know so much about SM that making a normal theme(i.e. not convoluted like Meatboy, which has 59 different evaluation screens) would be much much faster.

The main point of having a BP3 theme is to make score tracking easier. The tournament is using its own weighted scoring system, and it will be a lot simpler for everyone if there was a theme that could calculate and track everything for you, so you don't have to do math in your head while playing. Of course we'll make sure it looks cool too but it'll probably be on the "lighter" side, meaning no edit mode, no marathon mode, etc. That stuff could be added later, but its not needed for the tournament and thus isn't going to be worth the time before hand.
Mad Matt is offline   Reply With Quote