View Single Post
Old 07-8-2018, 01:09 PM   #50
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeLucien View Post
I wasn't talking about per-receptor NPS. Of course that is important, and my algorithm already covers it since it measures the distance between notes on the same receptor (in fact, in its current state, it freaks out at the DP megatrill and rates it higher than Undici). I was talking about the per-receptor spikiness that you had been describing in your last few posts. I don't know if there are any files where per-receptor spikiness add any difficulty that isn't accounted for by per-receptor NPS or distance between two notes on the same receptor.

Mostly, as long as the nps on 4 is high enough. I don't really think, say, a long 3 jack with one random {34} jump (ex. AIM Anthem) in the middle is harder than a long {34} jack.
Ok I get what you mean with that first paragraph. Indeed, there might not be a need for anything more than nps for per-receptor metrics. I will try to find any example where it would matter but on top of my head I dont see any either.

How high does your algo rate DP compared to Undici ? Those are really hard files and none have been AAA'd yet Right now, they're only 2 points apart from each other, and I would Not consider the opposite to be an error because it's only a single file (it's better to look at results as a whole first and then understand the difference between particular files, so not having your complete results, I can only assume things).

As for you AIM example, it would make no sense to put a long jack and a long jack with 1 jump in it at the same exact difficulty on a real numbers scale. The one with the jump Has to be harder, even if it's by a very small amount.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote