View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 03:10 AM   #2
AdamDX
FFR Player

Smile Re: What do you think Equality really means?

There are different types of equality I guess, I mean I personally believe no one is equal, because everyone has atleast small differences that make it so they have an unequal oppurtunity in life, or an unequal start and all of that. I think the most plausible form of equality comes in the form of legal equality. Everyone has the same rights as everyone else, assuming people with equal rights get equal oppurtunities, that still isn't equality in the literalist sense because some people will just naturally be born smarter or dumber, strong or weaker.

From a conceptual standpoint, equality is just two substances having "being the same" or equally the same thing. Two different humans maybe getting the exact same oppurtunities? This couldn't even happen if laws or governments ensured every single person was able to get the same level of oppurtunities, because people enjoy / take interest in different things, how can one measure the equality of oppurtunity if one person is very ambition while someone else is very humble. Doesn't seem too equal?