View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #1000
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: League of Legends

A clear lead and minions? Yeah, easily, since the tower itself obviously goes down quickly.

I'm talking about when it's really close, because of where the tower is relative to the fountain. It's very hard to push a small edge over that tower quickly because of it's position. This can easily drag games out to an hour, on a map where...they're supposed to be short. If the other team decides to turtle, there is not a lot you can do because you can't engage well any good team composition at their fountain that you aren't way ahead of.

My only issue is it makes games essentially as long as SR, so what's the point? haha.

In this particular game it was Singed, Orianna and Jax against Morde, Alistar and Vayne. They'd often burst down orianna or something, though, getting murdered by our triple Ult since Vayne goes down first. That would usually allow Morde the meat sack to escape, or Alistar, who was able to annoy the shit out of us attempting 2v1ing at the fountain. They lost, as expected. It just took way too long.

My build on Singed was: ninjas, ROA, Rylias, Nature, sunfire, deathcap (The extra DPS from the deathcap is ridiculous on Singed. I was already unkillable anyway. Of course, our team kinda needs some heavier AD since they can stack MR pretty easily here but hey, it was a normal >_>)

Quote:
Most games do use standard setups, but there have been quite a few games where the teams use a non-standard composition. Regardless though, even though a few champions are really strong, there are still countless different strategies that can be done, unlike 3v3.
Totally agree, but I question the 'unlike 3v3 part'. I'm by no means an expert, but are there established 'unbeatable' compositions or strategies in 3v3 (other than the obvious top tier picks, but again, those exist in 5v5 too).

Last edited by Reach; 08-19-2011 at 11:51 PM..