View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF AUGUST 21, 2011 BATCH

Judge Group 3

TC_Halogen

Pussy Pump (samurai7694)
Rating: [+.]
-> changed offset from -1.160 to -1.145 (lines up a bit better with most waveforms)

Structure is fairly consistent. Few notes:

- contains rare -very- slight and probably irrelevant misrhythms (example: note at 12.738 should be at 12.761 [as a 64th note]).
- 37.871: are these rhythms correct? It's really choppy, so the colors at that speed might be passable.
- 42.561: this section is missing a few snares, and it doesn't come off as stylistic/deliberate (see 42.959/43.225?)
- 57.827: one handed mini-burst that forces a jack?
- 57.163-58.490: it seems like some of these notes are ghosted, when slowed down
- 73.092: if you're following hi-hats, they actually start at 72.827, although this is a great choice to start later, if deliberate
- 77.473/81.322: ooooooof that's nasty

The chart maintains a fairly decent accuracy, but there are a few very slight (and generally unnoticeable at 100% rate) misrhythms and some light ghosting that can be taken care of. Also, a few of the patterns are downright brutal, and can take a slight revising to make a bit more smooth.

Radiant (Gundam-Dude)
Rating: [+]
-> changed offset from -2.266 to -2.258 (lines up with first waveform very nicely)

Very solid and clean chart structure - the grace notes with color accents are a very nice accent as well.

- intro could use slight tweaking to be more representative in pitch, but the current pattern setup is consistent and works well
- opting out of the 32nds at 28.548?
- this file desperately needs a way to give those huge cymbals a punch - the file plays pretty dry in my opinion

A little bland to me as a player, but the chart is nice and flowing, as well as very consistent.

Rast Kissing (Silvuh)
-> changed offset from -0.384 to -0.383 (lol)

Structure is consistent, but isn't linear -- gradients upward pretty heavily starting around 37 seconds and holds steady up to around 74 seconds.

- great attention to rhythmic detail at 11.922
- 15.153: maybe add in the snare to your layering (avoiding triples since you have none?) to fill in a bit more?
- patterns flow well

It seems like space can be filled out to add difficulty in spaces where they are needed. The file is good as is, but I think it can be a little bit better with the addition of some extra layering.

Romance in the Club (samurai7694)
-> needs a slight offset adjustment that I'm having trouble figuring out because of the song's heavy waveforms, haha

- any reason why there's a stop right at the beginning?
- 10.537: mis-rhythm; should be a 4 note 32nd starting at 10.591
- 13.964: 6-note burst is correct, but it's a 64th burst starting at 13.991 - there should be a 1/32nd gap from the final note of the burst and the jump - I mention this extremely fine timing because the pattern is easily to get around
- 33.455: forced offset 16th mini-jack? not a big issue but worth addressing for flow purposes
- 61.942: see 13.964
- 81.433: see 33.455

All of the notes mentioned here are timing mistakes that are incredibly minor, and surely aren't noticeable at normal song rate. File flows great for a speed chart. Accenting is there, technicality is there - overall, a very strong chart.

Sanaeba (OneHandNow)
Rating: [?]
-> BPM changed to 149.551, with an offset of -2.191

To save myself a lot of the time giving the notes - using 150 BPM 32nd trills in a chart is one thing, but layering them in with other things is a bit ridiculous. This chart could probably be more suitable as a speed chart, using the 32nds as runs; this way, you could add variation to the chart by mixing up pattern choice.

- 2.993: should be 24ths
- 3.796: should also be 24ths
- 22.251: entry is pretty crazy
- 23.856: right-handed trilling at 300 BPM 16ths? consider changing this to something else
- 44.718: see 23.856
- 46.323: pretty much any pattern used that anchors 16th jacks for some reason (i.e. trills/runningmen) will be ridiculous
- 68.790: ^
- 89.653: left-handed trilling at 300 BPM 16ths? consider revising
- 91.258: see 23.856
- 112.120: see 46.323
- 113.725: see 46.323

(ETC.)

This song continously repeats the same thing over and over again - it should probably be cut after only two repeats. Layering isn't always consistent, and the file doesn't do enough to vary itself around.

Shinryuu (Silvuh)
-> a few notes are slightly off their respective waveforms by a slight amount

- 6.015: only partially following the lead piano? is this intentional?
- 51.155: will layering both pianos cause a huge difficulty spike? lead piano still goes here, so it's an abrupt stop

Although the chart seems to (deliberately) leave out a few notes here or there, it's clear as to why - like the syncopated 12th rhythm to follow only the higher notes at 6.015, etc. Chart looks great for an easy song, though.

spanish (MarioNintendo & bmah)

This was almost a [++]. However, the end of the song gets drifty - off enough to be glaring. It starts at 111.098 - this actually seems to alleviate itself but you can't rely on the song to fix sync on its own; apply those BPM changes and make the entire file on sync using subbeats.

Speedcore 300 (Xx{Midnight}xX)
-> offset changed from -1.206 to -1.225

- 13.025: you missed a jump to the hi-hat here (this is what you were layering previously).
- 14.625: this set of 16ths could probably be something more clear to show the players that you simply can't accommodate for what that rhythm is - maybe a single white arrow where the 8th note should be?
- 24.425: I do understand the theory of using two 16ths for syncopation, and it's acceptable here, but...
- 30.825: ...it doesn't work so well when that instrument you're following has an 8th note.
- 43.575: you have a forced 16th mini-jack here. Clean that up.
- 46.175: ^
- 52.425: OH GOD -- this isn't to say the 32nds are wrong, they're painful enough as it is, but maybe you should make it clear that the pitch changes without changing the jump-trill? In this case, you could change it to a reverse roll (21432143....) to give a visual change without forcing the player to make that brutal split transition.
- 60.325 [etc.]: any instance of these 32nds are incorrect - it should be five 16th notes starting on the red note.
- 62.025/62.425/62.625/[etc]: rethink these bursts -- you can leave them there if you'd like, but make the pattern clearer (like alternating between 1234123 and 4321432, clear opposites or something of the like)
- 97.325: watch that 8th note burst - flip it to make it a bit less of a ridiculous transition
- 100.825/101.825: see 62.025, etc.
- 119.325: you're correct about it being three notes, but it's 8th notes starting at 119.225
- 122.025: why triple? just curious
- 128.025: three 8th notes, you have the right starting point this time

Considerably better than the original chart, and with some fixes, this actually can pass because it does have some interesting step rhetoric. I don't mind some of the structure here; now it's just a matter of fixing a few of the ridiculous bursts.

Spirit in Waiting (Xenorosth)
Rating: [-]
-> incorrect BPM/offset - try 154.007 BPM with an offset of -0.301 (rough sync check, not really detailed, but should do the job)

I can't get a clear understanding of the file because the first note to a cymbal starts on an 8th note and it just keeps drifting. Correct using offset/BPM listed above.

StartingSong (Coolboyrulez0)
-> there's a single note sitting with no beat here on my DDream -- according to me, the correct offset is -0.047.

- PR issues throughout the file; I bring this up because it is very apparent that you are trying to distinguish the patterns of the song based on the pitch of the synth/bass instruments
- the huge 8th run is a bit of a spike in comparison to the rest of the song, which is fairly light
- 105.647: I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of syncopation to the breaks here - it's not impossible to condense these down to 8th notes if you get the accents just right; it is a long section, so deviation is nice to have
- this chart is incredibly repetitive...

The chart needs a little bit of reworking.

Subconsciousness (leonid)
- 62.011: there's a nice choppy synth here to step, to add a nice little bridge between sections; obviously not required.
- part of me feels that the bass-drum relevance should be given up to add flow, rather than having 12th note jacks, but again, not a big deal.
- adequate PR, some spots more accurate than others

Easier file, but very well done. Highly enjoyable.

Submission Rules (MarioNintendo)
Rating: [PASS]
-> PLEASE make sure your song is properly named in your .sm file, I had to change it to work.

Song is a joke; I'm not going to be responsible for accepting/rejecting a file like this. I'm leaving this to the head judges to decide whether or not they want something like this as game content for FFR. I'd personally auto-reject it, but obviously that will cause issues.

Tasteless (JSH)
Rating: [+?]
-> offset changed from -0.063 to -0.101

- vocal sync in the introduction could be a bit tighter, although it's close enough as is while playing
- I -do- see a structure in this file; it's not perfectly clear, but it's clear enough to me that I can comprehend parts of the layering scheme - you might be able to make it a bit more clear by making sure that the step containing the vocal isn't immediately before a step where there's percussion (snare or bass - see 34.601 and 34.768, where the former is a vocal step, and the latter is a percussion step; fixing this might make your chart slightly cleaner)
- there are areas where it seems like you're missing steps in accordance to your layering setups, like 91.434 (a missing bass drum)
- 130.101: personal preference, but might be a cool idea - being that there's no attack on the notes and it's a pitch-bend, maybe you could color the notes all white? That way, it'll be very clear that you're following something special, haha.
- 159.434: I really like this; nice job noting the repeating triplets in the melody and still adding some differentiation to the patterns
- I also personally believe that the BPM should be doubled - I know that there is a bass drum once every 4th note, but the song does sound like it should be faster than 90 BPM

Chart isn't horrible, there's a well defined structure in it and it begins to make more sense as you play the song a few times, but it can most certainly be cleaned up. The song is fairly repetitive though, and a song cut could definitely make this more playable.

Rapids (Ziergdsx18)
-> offset changed from -0.102 to -0.096

- 9.445: check rhythm here; 16ths aren't quite fast enough
- 10.119 - ...: that sound you're following isn't 16th triplets, but for the sake of your chart structure, it's perfectly alright
- 43.735: missing note? no big deal
- 48.529: not a huge fan of this trill, but it is accurate
- 54.064: this has a slightly finer rhythm, check it again
- 68.238: being that the bass-drum is here with a synth, I feel like you should have [34]2[34]2[34]2[34]2[134], or some sort of jump + trill combination to accent the final note hard
- 119.806: maybe use jumps here to accent the hard sound? using triples seems counter-productive because you're losing representation of other instruments and while you're accenting the white-noise cymbal, you're making the chart emptier

File has a consistent structure - somewhat contestable in areas, but nothing stands out as erroneous during a normal playtest.

The Stupidest Track I've Ever Made (00Razor00)
-> This song samples a lot of different outside sources, which causes the sync to deviate slightly in many sections for what you are stepping. I've uploaded a .sm file that tightens up the sync a little bit more in some sections - there was a LOT of subtle changes and subbeat additions. It's not perfect, though - the waveforms of the bass drum are difficult to work with.

.sm file: http://pastebin.com/VvDHqmHx

- might be a good idea to cut out the ad-lib before 23.007 seconds
- 23.007-38.006: drum breaks aren't fully accounted for? Layering choice seems to go in and out from following bass drum + snare to just following snare
- 53.646-56.199: very nice vocal accenting - perhaps you could use a different note for "ho-ur" since the same note uses "min-ute" (or vice versa) for an even nicer result?
- 68.959-74.709: layering seems incomplete or erroneous here, it's very difficult to tell what's going on
- 81.091: it seems clear that you're following the higher pitched synth in this area, but you're missing some 16ths in the melody here
- 89.389-90.985: small little bridge section seems a bit off to me with rhythm/pattern choice
- 101.677: the buzz starts here, and...
- 101.836: these should be 24ths
- 104.707-114.920: aside from the slightly out of place 16th triplet on the 8th note at 104.867 (which I see going to the subtle percussion insert), this section isn't all that bad, but you can make things look a bit better visually by placing the appropriate 8th note jacks to the voices (you do that for the longer repeated voice sample already, why not do the short one too?)
- 114.920-119.391: this section is nice, repetition where it's due
- 120.023: the second halves of these phrases (see: 120.502, 121.779, 123.055) have many ghosted notes.
- 134.528: this burst is a bit unreasonable; it forces 16th jacks at almost 190 BPM
- 140.213: ^

This file has some interesting quirks, but it's also a bit rough in some spots, and missing steps in others. There are some inconsistencies scattered about as well.

The Whistle Song (Arch0wl)
-> changed offset -0.582 to -0.561

- 12.561: not counting this against you; think about your entire player demographic - it is index friendly, but spread players will not be fond of this out of place one-handed trill
- 14.275: same as above, possibly make this a bit more spread-friendly? on another note - this might be better omitted from your chart to avoid a massive difficulty spike
- 45.025: mini-jack?
- 45.989: huge difficulty spike in comparison to the rest of the chart - nothing wrong with deviating a little but this jack might be a bit too much
- 60.561-72.561: maybe fill in the bass drum here to kill off some of that emptiness?
- 86.275: again, trill might be a bit too much here
- 120.347/etc: mini-jack to hi-hat? maybe remove for flow?
- 130.847: trill issue again

One notable thing about this file is the "vintage" feel of it. It plays like a much older file, using very index friendly patterns and easy-to-understand rhythmic syncopation, and I do appreciate the way this is stepped. I'd definitely like to see the trills/16th mini-jacks removed, though.

Toxic (qqwref & DossarLX ODI)
-> sync drifts early, hard to see where, but the gap is pretty decent as the song progresses

Chart is well structured, no real errors aside from the sync.

Troll Dance (ScarletSky)
-> offset changed from -0.371 to -0.366
-> after resetting the offset, I placed a subbeat on the 8th note at 29.723, and changed the BPM to make the following 4th note land on 29.932; for some reason, that sample gets rushed forward - no points taken off for this

- a good majority of the 16th notes in this song to the percussion are incorrect; using 37.003 as an example, an acceptable gap would be 5/64ths away from the aforementioned 8th note (or 37.137) - alternatively, you could get even closer than that by being 7/96ths away ((or 14/192nds, if you're not using DDream) at 37.128).
- 2.080-29.080: it seems like you were trying to add some pitch relevance here, and if that's the case, then revise for better relevance
(side note, is it necessary for everything here to be jumps with the harder accents as triples? maybe reduce your layering for everything in this section by one arrow)
- 29.509-56.503: one moment, you're adding jumps for the snares/bass, another moment, you're omitting them, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern of sorts to make the omissions look intentional
- 29.509-56.503: I do see some pitch relevance with the guitar sound, but it's hard to keep up with being intertwined with a confusing layering scheme
- 29.509-56.503: mini-jacks for the percussion? one note is a bass-drum and the other is a snare, so it seems forced
- 56.503-69.789: filling this area with a run seems counter-intuitive, considering the fact that all of the percussion dies out here; using only the guitar and that deep bass/saw sound would also stop that abrupt cutoff at 66.574
- 70.646-132.360: this layering scheme is a bit more clear that the previous one, but the mini-jacks feel incorrectly placed because one note is a bass drum and the other is a snare, etc.
- 132.360-146.074: I understand the layering, but this is another situation where being selective might lead to cleaner layering - maybe use only the rhythmic guitar (straight 16ths) and the heavy bass/saw sound (triples) with a reduced layering
- 146.074-187.214: see 70.646-132.360
- song could definitely use a cut

There are some pretty noticeable structure issues within the chart, but the difference here, is that the structure is actually consistent. With a cut, and a few minor changes sprinkled throughout the song, this could be queue-worthy.

Tutti Frutti Summer Love (bmah)
-> offset changed from -1.060 to -1.068

- 18.030/65.914: if you're following that faded guitar, it's 24th notes
- 99.606/105.145/116.222/123.606: these 24ths should be 32nds, that is, if you're not intentionally slowing up the rhythm
- 110.568: this burst is also a bit harsh, as it forces a quick mini-jack -and- has a jump in it

Aside from the really minor rhythmic issues, this file is very clean, and structured very nicely. Accenting is there, and the difficult gradients upward during the stronger, more filled out chorus sections.

UDU Shuffle (DossarLX ODI)
-> offset changed from -4.700 to -4.745

- 4.745-47.207: any reason why you opted out of carrying the swing through the entire time? it actually works out nicely with the intentional omission.
- 63.822: that cymbal way in the background is probably not the best choice for jumps here
- 86.437: why'd you use runningmen here? not counting against you
- this song is cool, but the lack of rhythmic deviation makes it -drag-

This chart is a good example of how to catch a player's attention with interesting pattern choice and structure, rather than really good pitch relevancy/layering. However, this song felt a lot longer than 2:19 - it needs a slight cut near the end somewhere.

Waltz of Spring (Xayphon)
-> offset changed from -0.584 to -0.566

- this waltz sounds like is in 3/4 time, so the most acceptable quantization would be 12th notes, instead of 8th notes here
- layering seems correct throughout the song
- pitch relevancy seems partially correct, but it's mixed in a slightly confusing manner
- interesting song!

Chart is acceptable as is. Sync might need a minor tweaking here or there.

what the **** is this (0)
-> offset changed from -0.067 to -0.058

Great step rhetoric. No rhythmic errors, great flowing patterns, and layering is spot on. Only thing stopping this from getting a [++] from me is the very short song length - I personally feel you need a full song, or a more -complete- song to achieve that kind of rating.

Wind Waker Unplugged (who_cares973)

This file is great, but I see a lot of people disliking it for the harsh usage of triples. The usage is understandable, and I'm actually a fan of it. Nothing wrong or bad here, although I think some of the 48ths into the triples should be 48ths into doubles (to still give an accent without cluttering the chart too heavily?).

World Revolution (Niala)

- 96.714: why are there 8th note jacks here? it seems like the hi-hat is what's being followed, but I'm not so sure.

Very clean file, nothing erroneous...anywhere, really. Flows well, accents well, and has a high level of layering aggression that will challenge most players without adding artifical pattern difficulty.

wow dis shore is a grate song (0)
-> changed offset from -0.020 to -0.029

Song is incredibly short, and doesn't do much in the way of variety. 500 BPM section seems a bit unnecessary; even though the bass-drum speed does clearly increase, it's also increasing the chart's difficulty by adding an artificial density.

Yukitsukiyashou (leonid)

- 6.919: while technically correct, the sudden transition to jumps is definitely a frustrating one to play through; maybe you could shift your chart right one time while accenting the same thing before this massive section of jumps?
- 82.919: seems like an abrupt shift in difficulty, no?
- 144.919: see 6.919

I like this song a lot, and the file isn't too bad. One thing that is distracting about this chart, is the constant changing of difficulty, rather than a somewhat even progression in comparison to the song's intensity.

Abyssal (DossarLX ODI & icontrolyourworld)
-> changed offset from -2.233 to -2.249

- 2.249-14.249: best solution for clarity would be to follow the cymbals, and switch to something else only when it's extremely clear that the percussion has changed (i.e. 8.035), rather than just having a generic two beat separation
- 16.820/18.535/etc.: you didn't have these triples before, and with a song of this speed, it's probably best to leave them out when you have this running pattern going on
- 31.820-37.820/38.678-44.892/etc.: there's really not much to say here, you have a bunch of 16th runs, the patterns are varied up, but no matter which way you look at it, the chart is generic because there's nothing but 16th runs following the same thing over and over again. This might sound nuts to other people, but I think you should try to put a few jumps to some of the prominent cymbals in the run to give at least SOME accenting value to it. Yes, it'll be 280 BPM jumpstream, but I personally feel your chart will be a bit better this way. The cymbals typically happen two beats apart in these sections, anyway.
- 70.820: see 31.820-37.820/etc.
- 119.678-end: remove triples, etc.

Not much to say. It's a really fast song, with extremely fast 16th runs that not too many people will be able to do. Best suited for a skill token, if passed.

Interlude (samurai7694 & qqwref)
-> offset changed from -0.220 to -0.250

- 25.321/32.179/etc.: why not account for the pitch changing in the melody? there'd still be four jumps to accent the snare hard enough while accommodating this
- 84.250: this section could use some tweaking for pitch; it's also lacking in terms of accenting - maybe you could follow the repeating bass-line's pitch?
- 100.750/107.607/etc.: see 25.321/etc.

Not a fan of the chart, but it does have technical accuracy after looking at it a few times.

kommisar

Interlude [+?]

-totally not the attack attack I was expecting
-m67 you missed a 16th note in your stream
-while there's nothing blatantly wrong with the file, it does feel like a generic jumpstream amateur trance file.

Pussy Pump [+]

-I'm not one to argue color sync notes, but at m15 it doesn't seem necessary.
-m33-34 the 32nds here are debatable. It sounds like it's following the vocals, but I don't think the sound is prominent enough to include them since it's pretty hazy.
-m53 same thing with the 32nds, but it's really inaudible hi-hats in the background. It might be best to keep the louder sounds included
-Aside from little nit-picks the file is great as is.

Radiant [+]

-Only complaint is that I don't see much of a need for the ghost notes when the song picks up.
-Fantastic file.

Rast Kissing [+.]

-m9 you use single notes then switch to jump notes for the same tonality of piano. technically should either all be single notes or all jumps. they're accentuated the same
-m18 the flam notes here don't sound necessary. it's either not audible enough or doesn't exist.
-rest is pretty good.

Romance in the Club [+]

-A few burst patterns seem a little awkward to hit, considering the rest of the file isn't as hard.

Sanaeba [-]

-m2 this 32nd roll needs a pattern change.
-m5 dat trill.....
-Just feels like a hard dump with massive difficulty spikes. Sorry mate.
-Doesnt help that it is very repetitive.

Shinryuu [+.]

-I feel like some more jumps could have been added to accentuate other areas since they are pretty conservatively used here. (example m10 the piano hits here could all use jumps, but only 2 notes have them).
-Otherwise short decent file.

Spanish [+]
-very yes. fantastic file.

Speedcore 300 [-]

-m14 if you're following the bass drum you missed an 8th note after the 3rd 4th
-m17 missed another 8th note before the 16ths
-m30 there's no reason to have 16th gallops here
-I think you should look over the rhythms in this file. There are a lot of things to fix. Some of your 32nd patterns could use some work as well.

Spirit in Waiting [-]

-m16 you start layering hands, though I don't think the accentuation of the piano notes changed so they feel overlayered at this point. Also since you're layering the 32nds, you missed some after the 2nd 4th note
-m18 these would work better as single notes, especially when you're using [13][24] 32nd jump trills.
-during this whole sequence you miss quite a few 32nd flams. Look over the beginning again.
-When the song picks up you stop using hands, which is sort of inconsistent.
-File cuts off.

Starting Song [?]

-sync is early
-Feels like you could've done so much more with the beginning given all the sounds that are going on.
-File drifts even more offsync.
-Pitch relevancy could use a little more work, especially given the simplicity of the chart.
-Would be great as an easier chart, but needs some work especially with sync.

Subconsciousness [+?]

-starting at m18, I can hear what you're putting jumps to, but there are much more audible sounds you could've added them to. They sort of seem random right now.
-I also think you could have followed the melody more here.
-end of m35 you start following the 24ths and then stop. There are a few more you missed in this measure.
-ending drags on a little. maybe add a little more so the player doesn't think the song is over?

Submission Rules [++]

-gjrioafjiordajfioja

Tasteless [+.]

-m6 the first 32nd is a little late color note sync-wise
-m20 there's a 4th note gap where you would usually be stepping the bass drum.
-I'm not quite sure I follow your jump useage.
-The file has a few broken flow issues. Just look into where you're layering some of your jumps and those bass drum notes and you're all set. Cool song and file.

The Rapids [+?]

-nice steps they totally weren't inspired by anything
-m29 32nds shouldn't be here, same with every other instance where you step this sound. It's just a regular bass note with a grungy vibrato.
-m38-39 listen closely here, you missed some 16th syncopations.
-m66 nooo these shouldn't be 32nds...
-Fix all these and it's pretty much perfect.

The Stupidest Track I've Ever Made [?]

-starting at m26 you miss a lot of 16th amen breaks. the song is really hard to listen to given the filtering but they're there.
-I'm also not sure about how you're layering your jumps, sometimes it goes to every 4th bass drum note, sometimes it doesn't.
-m41 you could add 8th bass notes here
-m56 the 16th notes here are pretty questionnable also. Listen closely, there's a bunch missed.
-m80 the 32nds should technically start a 4th note before where you placed them. the rest are fine though
-needs revisions

the Whistle Song [-]

-m9 you cut off the 24ths short
-when the song picks up, the jumps are thrown in completely at random
-sync is a tad late
-m15 invisible 16ths
-m26 this time you didn't add the 24ths?
-m27 the jacks here sort of spike the difficulty randomly
-I'm not quite sure I follow your use of 16th notes.

Toxic [+.]

-right off the bat, the guitar notes have a few rhythms missing. Listen closely
-m23 I would add jumps on the snare hits like you do for the 3rd 4th note.
-Wow this song haha. Not a bad file at all though.
-m77 I forgot to mention this before in the first time it played but you could consider stepping the 16ths in the background for some added intensity. this is of course completely optional and is fine as is.
-Maybe could've used a cut since it repeats the chorus like 4 times

Troll Dance [-]

-Jumps at the start aren't very consistent pitch relevancy wise
-m18 you missed a 4th note on the 3rd beat, same with the following measures
-jumps need a revision. they're inconsistently layered with what you're following.
-m26 there's nothing to warrant a 16th note jack here, especially when you were stepping it completely differently a few measures before
-m42 if you're following the percussion, you should probably be following the 8th notes here as well.
-Not a fan of the 16th jump jacks
-Given the difficulty of the file, I'm not sure hands are necessary
-m67 I'm not sure why you decided to make the 16th jack a jump as well since it doesn't really vary from the rest. It's a more quiet section in fact.
-Needs fixes

Tutti Frutti Summer Love [+]

-Love the groove in this.
-Yeah no real complaints. Super fun.

UDU Shuffle [-]

-sync is early
-the swing notes are really inconsistent. Sometimes you just stop following them when technically they're always present. The song itself doesn't really present an opportunity for variation though.
-Sorry I don't really see much appeal to this.

Waltz of Spring [+.]

-Pitch relevancy should be relatively simple here, yet a few parts irk me
-Just needs a quick revision. Don't see much else wrong with this.

What the **** is this [+]

-Zaghurim is pretty much groove master fjord, and you've got it down pretty well.
-Length is a turn-off though. He hasn't made a longer version of this?

Wind Waker Unplugged [+.]

-sort of disappointed you didn't add all the flute flams at the start, especially since you did for the guitar notes.
-otherwise nostalgia blast

World Revolution [+]

-great file. pretty standard layering.

Wow dis shore is a grate song [-]

-I'm gonna go ahead and say some of the patterns can be re-worked, especially at that speed.
-Also this is way too short.

Yukitsukiyashou[+]

-One of the few 12th note files that has proper layering. gj

i love you

Interlude (samurai7694 & qqwref) - Wow, this file was just really fun and amazing. I really love how the pattern usage flows right to the song without it making it look repetitive. [+]

Pussy Pump (samurai7694)- This file was pretty challenging but at the same time fun to some extent. The rolls on m53 and m56 are so evil but I am sure that once converted into FFR, it will be double trillable. Overall, just another challenging file with a few aid parts. [+]
Radiant (Gundam-Dude)- This file was amazingly fun and unique. I bet if this file gets into FFR, people will be shocked at your 192nd ~ExPrEsSiVeMaNiAs~. Overall, was not able to spot anything wrong in this file. [+]

Rast Kissing (Silvuh)- Really nice song choice and pattern usage. I definitely can see people enjoying a file so chill and relaxing with a spice of difficulty to top it all off hehe. [+]

Romance in the Club feat. Liquido (samurai7694)- This file was pretty fun and challenging. I like the pattern usage and the layering choices in this file. Song choice is really interesting...lol. Overall, file was fun and challenging. [+]

Sanaeba (OneHandNow)- As much as the this file was stepped correctly, your pattern usage was just really unreasonable. It's never a good idea to put random 32nd runningmens and trills with doubles inside of them going at 149.55 BPM especially one handed ones. Overall, this file was too techincal and unreasonable for people to play. Making a stepped file is one thing but making it without thinking about fun factor or being reasonable to other players is another and that is not acceptable. [-]

Shinryuu (Silvuh)- Wow, really nice color usage in this file. File was really fun and replayable and that is what matters. [+]

spanish (MarioNintendo & bmah)- I was speechless when I saw this file. I consider files like these a masterpiece. A+ [++]

Speedcore 300 (Xx{Midnight}xX)- This file was very challenging and unreasonable most of the time. Those 16th gallops you have going to those synths throughout the file are not correct. They are just 4th notes nothing more. Also, there are times when you overlayer for no reason like on m68-m76 where you have the end of that roll end with a hand. Overall, this file is overlayered, unreasonable and not fun. [-]

Spirit In Waiting (Xenorosth)- Blue note syndrome and the sync was just too off for me to judge. I do not want to affect your score so I will pass this file. [!]

StartingSong (Coolboyrulez0)- Offset is wrong but that will not affect your rating. Overall, this file was pretty chill and had a different approach. Nothing is wrong with that though so good job. One thing I would like to state is that it started to drag on from m69-m100 because you copy/paste the same patterns whenever the same rhythm started again. Just because the rhythm of thesong repeats does not mean that the steps have to do. Overall, file was fun to some extent. [+.]

Subconsciousness (leonid)- This file was pretty chill and had a lot of flow in it. Also, I like the pattern usage in this and the layering decisions were also good too. Overall, fun and chill file. [+]

Submission Rules (MarioNintendo)- I'm dying ROFL. Whoever sang this song, you just got my respect rofl. Anyway, nice PR usage and I'm really glad that you didn't completely sync the vocals to his voice or else the file would look really messy and lame. Overall, just a really funny file. [+]

Tasteless (JSH)- Wow, this file was amazingly fun and replayable. You really did a great job with the layering choices and the file flow. [+]

The Rapids (Ziergdsx18)- This file was pretty challenging and fun to some extent. Only thing i did not like about this was the fact that it had too many hands going with that same sound over and over again. It made the file look a bit more techincal IMO. I believe that this file would have been better if the hands were abused too much at times. [+.]

The Stupidest Track I've Ever Made (00Razor00)- This file was so awesome and well done. Sightly repetitive at times but the flow of the chart makes up for it. Definitely something i would play. [+]

The Whistle Song (Arch0wl)- This file felt like it was made mostly for index players but regardless, it was fun to some extent. Some of the layering choices you made were very unique and felt more old school which is acceptable in my eyes so I definitely want this. [+]

Toxic (DossarLX ODI & qqwref)- File was fun to some extent and was stepped fine but it started to drag on after a while which ruined some of the replay value in this. [+.]

Troll Dance (ScarletSky)- This file felt a bit repetitive because of the song choice but not by much. Your layering choices were very interesting and had some variety in it which is never bad. Also, I am kind that you changed up the patterns throughout the song because if you did not then this file would have been really repetitive. Overall, file was fun but not that replayable due to length. [+.]

Tutti Frutti Summer Love (bmah)- This was a very fun easy file wow. I honestly do not have much to say about this file other than good ****ing job haha. [+]

UDU shuffle (DossarLX ODI)- This file started to drag on rather quickly because the steps never changed, it stood exactly the same without any attempt to change the variety of the patterns. Since the song choice is really repetitive and do not have much going on with it, changing the patterns is something you should do in other for the file to not drag on this much. Overall, file was stepped too techincial, there should of been more variety. [+?]

Waltz of Spring (Xayphon)- Beautiful song choice for an easy file wow. This is something I personially would want to replay over and over again if I were in the mood to play a nice flowing easy chart. [+]

what the **** is this (0)- Despite the name of the song, this file was really well-stepped. This kinda felt like an easier CCCP in a way but not really. Overall, this is something I would replay again. [+]

Wind Waker Unplugged (wc)- This file was just a nice relaxing file. Something I would definitely replay over and over again. [+]

World Revolution (Niala)- I did not really like most of the hand usage in this file. Also, some of the layering choices felt a bit overused because it made the file feel a bit overlayered. Other than that, file was fun to some extent. [+.]

wow dis shore is a grate song (0)- Wow, this chart was so perfect for a short file. This is pretty much another lolo but a lot easier and more fun. [+]

Yukitsukiyashou (leonid)- This file was really straightforward but still fun to some extent. One thing I liked about this one was the way you changed up your layering at times to follow something else which really kept it from being too repetitive. Overall, nicely done. [+]

iironiic

Interlude (qqwref and samurai7694) [+]
Really nice work you two! All of the sounds corresponding to the jumps are easily distinguishable with the prominent ticking noises and your steps to the tune are pitch relevant. The only part that confused me is the layering on 113.363s.

Pussy Pump (samurai7694) [?]
When I first tried this file, it really surprised me! A few things:
- I didn稚 hear a 16th on 26.580s.
- The patterns on 37.797s ・38.328s are slightly incorrect.
- Similarly, the patterns on 47.355s ・47.886s are slightly incorrect as well.
- I don稚 think the 4th on 51.602s is worthy to be a jump considering the jumps preceding that jump.
- The part between 56.381s ・64.877s has some questionable steps, but more importantly, patterns that won稚 be liked by the community once converted on FFR. Keep in mind that the community would rather have fun files over technical.
- Nice work on 64.877s - 72.841s! That was fun to play!
- Extra 16th on 73.041s but lacking 16th on 73.572s.
- The 32nd wall starting on 77.487s is unnecessary since the 32nd sounds are not so prominent. Likewise on 81.337s and 89.965s.
- Missing 16th on 83.527s and 95.740s
- I noticed that you step gallops to emphasize that 都woosh・noise but I discourage it since it痴 not really apparent. For example, refer to 102.178s.

This has potential to be a good file! You are certainly on the right track! Keep up the good work!

Radiant (Gundam-Dude) [+?]
I like the tune of this file. Relaxing and great to listen to!
- One thing I noticed about your file is that it痴 lacking an 8th note on 7.381s.
- For stylistic purposes, between 26.957s ・27.674s, I don稚 think there is a need to highlight the 8th (27.134s) and the 16th (27.222s) placed immediately after the first burst since you want to still maintain that feel considering that it痴 the beginning of the song. I壇 personally get rid of those two arrows.
- Nice color theory choice at 27.674s ・28.733s. If you are planning on stepping the beats along with the tune, be sure to include the 32nd (28.424s) and the 16th (28.292s).
- The gallops on 29.761s and 34.046s aren稚 necessary to step since I don稚 see where the steps match up in the song. However, I liked how you stepped that 64th on 35.016s.
- Try to keep your jumps consistent. I see you stepping jumps for a specific noise but you missed some. Ex) 30.408s, 34.641s, 37.022s.
- At 46.728s, I think it shouldn稚 be a jump.

I think generally speaking, the jumps generally confused me. I think it was used to highlight multiple aspects of the song but they are all cluttered into a similar fashion, making it difficult to distinguish between them. Nice work though!

Rast Kissing (Silvuh) [+]
Nice tune and very nice file! The steps aren稚 confusing and there is a good variation of layering with some instances of layering multiple sounds in the file. Only thing I would suggest doing is to emphasize 91.769s, 95.467s and 100.538 as jumps since those sounds are very apparent at that portion of the song. The beauty of this is the fact that the (13) and (24) jumps can readily serve a purpose to represent the same sounds as a jump and the tune simultaneously. Nice work!

Romance In The Club feat. Liquido (samurai7694) [+.]
Fun tricky file here. The noises on 13.983s and 14.626s are the same sounds, so be consistent with the rhythms. You missed a 16th on 20.088s and 26.942s. On 32.189s, those should be 48th starting on that 16th. Nice color theory on 37.758s! On 52.537s, I think that should致e been a (13) jump since you are using that to highlight that specific sound. From 57.677s on, I知 assuming that is the mirrored part of the first half of the song, so my previous comments apply on those respective parts as well. Nice job!

Sanaeba (OneHandNow) [-]
Although this file may be technically correct, there is no way I can see this on FFR. The 32nd trills are too aggressive and makes up the entire difficulty of the file. This reminds me of Crowdpleaser and M8BT on FFR, and I知 sure the community doesn稚 want a similar file like that in the future. This would probably make a good SM dump file, but for the sake of FFR, probably not.

Shinryuu (Silvuh) [+.]
Very nice easy file! I really like your pitch relevancy of your steps since that correspond to the file well! There are a bunch of missing arrows and a lack of arrows at some point which is completely understandable since this song has many sounds ongoing at the same time. At 20.308s, I don稚 see the harm in stepping that as a gallop to show more emphasis on the chord. I didn稚 hear a 4th on 53.887s and 55.252s in terms of what you are layering. I also didn稚 hear a 12th on 59.074s. You missed a 4th on 60.653s. I also didn稚 hear the 12th on 65.269s, 66.625s, 71.817s and 72.059s, and the 8th on 69.178s. Very nice job!

Spanish (MarioNintendo and bmah) [+]
This file is simply amazing. This file reminds me of It痴 Only Natural but with a more relaxing trill to hit. Good music, good steps, and great pitch relevancy throughout the song! I didn稚 know it was stepped by you two at the time I was judging. The only part of the file that I don稚 understand is the jumps between 117.620s to 120.415s and 124.141s to 126.005s. They confused me as to what you are layering. Other than that, nice job you two!

Speedcore 300 (xX{Midnight}Xx) [-]
I can稚 honestly see this on FFR. If you put it in perspective, hitting the 8th jumps in this file is like being faced with the beginning 16th jack of Eclipse (Solar) throughout the entire file. 32nds are four times faster than that 16th jack in Eclipse, which will be an entire framermess once converted on FFR. It might be better to highlight the 釘zzts・with a 192nd note. Nice try though!

Spirit in Waiting (Xenorosth) [-]
I知 assuming that this is an incomplete offsync壇 file. Even if not, they steps should be toned down a few notches.

Starting Song (Coolboyrulez0) [?]
Slightly offsynced but repetitive throughout the song. A cut version of this would be nice. Nice job though!

Subconciousness (leonid) [+.]
Nice file and nice song choice! Jumps slightly confused me but it痴 not a major issue. Very nice pitch relevancy.

Submission Rules (MarioNintendo) [+]
This song is hilarious! Nice work on pitch relevancy and nice job with the syncing! I don稚 see anything wrong with the file! Nice job!

Tasteless (JSH) [+?]
The jumps generally confused me and there is an inconsistency in layering throughout the song. The beginning felt a little offsync壇. The steps however are good in terms of pitch relevancy and the song itself is nice to listen to. Nice job!

The Rapids (Ziergdsx18) [+.]
Fun hard file! The beginning is my major concern because it felt off rhythm at times. Are you trying to step the drums at that particular instance? Nice work!

The Stupidest Track I致e Ever Made (00Razor00) [?]
The 32nds around 101.508s are stepped incorrectly. The 64th walls on 134.371s and 140.201s are too aggressive for the overall difficulty of the song. The steps are pretty repetitive as well. Nice work on the syncing!

The Whistle Song (Arch0wl) [?]
All of the 24ths in this file are actually 32nds but I am under the assumption that it was stepped that way to keep the difficulty as leveled as possible. Personally, I don稚 think it痴 completely necessary to step the 32nds (or 24ths). I also think this would be better if the file is made easier (this includes finding an alternative way to step those 16th jacks) since there is not much in the song but 16ths and 32nds throughout at a low bpm. It shouldn稚 be a demanding file since the song portrays ease. I知 also confused with the steps throughout the file besides the jumps at the 展oo Woo・noise. Nice job though!

Toxic (DossarLX ODI and qqwref) [+]
Nice file here! I can稚 find anything wrong about this file!

Troll Dance (ScarletSky) [?]
Steps are for the most part fine. However, the file lacks variety since the steps are generally really similar. Consider cutting a good portion of the song to avoid this. Good job!

Tutti Frutti Summer Love (bmah) [+]
This is a fun file. I really like the music because it痴 really enjoyable and the steps are great! Well done!

UDU Shuffle (DossarLX ODI) [+.]
Very fun file! I like the variety of pattern choices here. The offset is incorrect however. It should be -4.760 seconds.

Waltz of the Spring (Xayphon) [+]
Very short and fun easy file! Nice usage of jumps and very nice PR! Missed a 4th on 6.400s.

What the **** is this? (0) [+]
Short and fun tricky file! PR is great and steps are flawless! Nice job here!

Wind Waker Unplugged (wc) [+]
I don稚 know why I find this file funny hahaha! Perfect job here wc!

World Revolution (Niala) [+]
I honestly like this file a lot! Very fun to play! Those 64ths at the beginning may be a little too tricky but manageable! Nice work!

Wow Dis Shore Is A Grate Song (0) [+]
Definitely seeing this file as the next Lolo in the game. Nice work!

Yukitsukiyashou (leonid) [+]
PR is great! Fun to play and very nice song choice! No complaints here!

Last edited by bmah; 10-26-2011 at 12:34 AM..