View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Default FFR: Greatest Players of All-Time

(Note: If this following thread is in the wrong forum/category,
please let me know so that I can try to get a Moderator to move it in the proper sub-forum/category)

Hello to all of you FFR players! DDRNGGin here once again!

As some of you (I'm going to guess at least half) know, FFR has been around for over 10 years (nearly 15 years)! Can you believe it?!

Anyways, this very thread is dedicated to reflect back on the times, the many years of ; however, not through talking about your favorite files (that would be too easy and obvious), but by discussing about the best players to have ever laid eyes on this very website.

For nearly 15 years, almost 2 million players have been registering to this website only to tap to an endless number of arrows over the course of over 2,000 songs currently available on the official FFR Engines! The evolution of has demonstrated the growth of players dedicated to becoming number 1 in the world.

For this thread, I want your opinion (not official leaderboard statistics) of whom you think are some of the best keysmashers to have ever stepped into the realms of FFR. In addition, evaluating based on three different criteria (Overall, Speed/Stamina, and Consistency (a.k.a. Technique)) on the two main playstyles (Spread and Index). Before I unveil a sample template of what I am looking for, here are some (probably subjective) definitions of the three different criteria:

Overall - Probably the most obvious definition. Basically players that are mostly well-balanced in technique and speed. These are the players that opinions of others merit them to be among the best of the best in their playstyle.

Speed/Stamina - These players are those who can handle playing fast songs (at least 200 BPM) like it is a walk through a park. These are the players that can also easily handle above average tapping speed (about 16-17 NPS minimum) as if it were their warmup exercises. These players in this category in their playstyles demonstrate that they have hands that could put Mr. Universe to shame by playing on rates to various DragonForce songs.

Technique [Consistency] - Players of a playstyle that make a user's list here demonstrate that they are as consistent as a jar of smooth peanut butter. They can easily overcome charts that play to their strengths, such as continuous, long jacks, jumpstreams, or even Index-based streams (Don't judge). These players can PA/MA really well on lower levels, and perform gradually well on higher levels.

And now, without further ado, let me give you a sample template as to what I am looking for:

Top 10 Overall Players (Spread)

1. Spread Player A - Type reasoning here (Top scores, approach to charts, strengths/weaknesses, etc.)
2. Spread Player B - Reasoning
3. Spread Player C - Reasoning
4. Spread Player D - Reasoning
5. Spread Player E - Reasoning

Honorable Mentions:

Top 10 Technique [Consistency] Players (Spread)

1. Spread Player X - Reasoning (Consistency on strengths and weaknesses (Do discuss their strengths/weaknesses if possible, any other information of their consistency such as charts around their level, above, and below their level)
2. Spread Player Y - Reasoning
3. Spread Player Z - Reasoning

Honorable Mentions:

Top 10 Speed/Stamina Players (Spread)

1. Spread Player L - Reasoning (Top NPS for a length of at least 30 seconds/ 1 minute or more, Consistency in fast songs, etc.)
2. Spread Player P - Reasoning
3. Spread Player C - Reasoning

Honorable Mentions:

Top 10 Overall Players (Index)

1. Index Player A - Reasoning (FFR Top Scores, approach to charts, strengths/weaknesses, etc.)
2. Index Player B - Reasoning
3. Index Player C - Reasoning
4. Index Player D - Reasoning
5. Index Player E - Reasoning

Honorable Mentions:

Top 10 Technique [Consistency] Players (Index)

1. Index Player X - Reasoning (Consistency in strengths/weaknesses, performance on charts around their level, above their level, and below their level, etc.)
2. Index Player Y - Reasoning
3. Index Player Z - Reasoning

Honorable Mentions:

Top 10 Speed/Stamina Players (Index)

1. Index Player L - Reasoning (Top NPS for at least 30 seconds/ 1 minute or more, top speed reached while having combo of at least 100 or more, consistency in speed songs, etc.)
2. Index Player S - Reasoning
3. Index Player U - Reasoning
4. Index Player B - Reasoning
5. Index Player O - Reasoning

Honorable Mentions:

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote