View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #15
BeatofIke
Forum User

Default Re: Tutorial: How To Cut Songs

lol I already knew over 90% of this guide. I taught myself how to cut songs using the same method as this guide. There are only a few things I didn't know though and that is:

1.) You can resume your highlighting and dragging after releasing your mouse click.(This comes in handy)
2.) Using DDReam Studio to cut songs (though I personally don't recommend this)
3.) Audacity beta glitches that can occur.

That's pretty much it. HOWEVER, I know much a better way to find the most accurate current seconds to cut with by using a formula (yes a formula) I developed. It really works! Even when playing the song at 0.3x rate you won't notice the difference. (though some of you may not be interested in doing math XD) Anyway for those who are interested, here's a guide I wrote about a year ago (Note: This is just a portion of the guide not the full-version guide). The full version is about 7 pages long XD:

How to find the exact current second of a specific note position of a song:

"Ever wanted to cut songs so precisely that it will not affect the BPM? This formula below gives the exact seconds at a specific area of a song so you can use that second to cut the song in programs like Audacity. If you want to cut a song from measure 50 to 75, then you must calculate the exact seconds at measure 50 AND the exact seconds at measure 75. What about if it was in measure 25 at beat 2? Then you find the exact seconds on that position, which is at measure 25.50."

Here's the formula:

Exact Current Second= [Seconds per Measure × (Measure Position-1)] -0 offset

Basically, the exact current second is what you're looking for obviously. The seconds per measure can be found by just multiplying the SPB (seconds per beat) by 4. As metioned in this guide, you find the SPB by dividing the SPB from 60. How to find the measure position is already metioned in bold quotes. The 0 offset is of course the offset of the song.

Hope this helps in producing super accurate cuts in the song.

EDIT: Also when you listen to some songs, the last chorus of the song has a higher pitch than the previous chorus. Therefore you might have to adjust the pitch to match the previous pitch of the song. Something to also keep in mind when cutting songs.

Last edited by BeatofIke; 11-27-2011 at 12:42 PM..
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote