View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #20
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: My depersonalization over the last year

Don't other cannabinoids show up in a drug test as well? I think certain ones if they're chemically similar enough to THC it could potentially...

Anyhow, it is good for you to stop. Sometimes a sort of Stockholm syndrome happens with a drug that can leave you strung out and anxious. It's making it worse by continuing it's use, yet you perceive it to be something that can help/maintain it. After you stop, you'll probably have to just take a lot of time off from altering your state, getting yourself in a more mindful position.

Not all synthetic cannabinoids are bad, but some ESPECIALLY perpetuate depersonalization, which is a breeding ground for long lasting panic attacks (because there's nothing that you can hold onto sorta, you're too detached with your rationale).

It's shitty that companies will exploit the legal grey area at any cost. There are more research chemicals out there than ever before.

If it were legal to do so you could buy a strain of weed that has almost 0% THC and very high CBD levels and that might overtime reverse some of the general anxiety and dissociative effects.

In the meantime, find songs that keep you feeling grounded, and also find songs that will help you let go, and just let the depersonalization really consume you for a bit just to let things vent. Prevention is the biggest thing really. Overtime you will learn (if you pay attention enough) certain ideas/thoughts/responses can trigger you to begin falling out of it.

That's if you have a similar depersonalization disorder as I do, or at least symptoms of it. Anyhow goodluck, live n learn.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote