View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #26
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Trump Administration Is Trying to Get Rid of People Who Are Transgender :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Here's a question why the fuck does it matter what somebody's sex or gender is except in very specific medical contexts
I would think sports is the main concern for most of the population and probably doctors if it helps guiding them in urgent diagnosis (for example male would be much more at risk of something so check that first, female just do that check later on if not a priority, something like that).

Also many people probably wouldn't accept trans people being with them at place like bathrooms with stalls, there most likely already exist cases of (for example, typical scenario) a transitionning mtf going in women bathroom. Ofc there's the "make all bathrooms genderless" but that's not doable in 1 day (practically it's probably not much of a problem though but gotta make people accept it) so we have to handle such scenarios. Some extremist women would probably bring up rape culture as something that would be aggravated if people with penises shared their bathrooms (the opposite scenario, someone with vagina in men bathroom, is the same but just less common of a problem I'd guess).

All of that doesn't affect me much (except doctors thing if it's a real problem) so I'm personally all good with like xelnya's list but that's my 2¢
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote