View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 07:54 PM   #36
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?
I initially joined in high school because I saw someone playing the game, one of the very easy difficulty old songs on a computer in my high school's computer lab. I made an account and played a little, but it didn't interest me at the time. A few years later I heard about the site again, and this time I was hooked. I like the community here a lot, and especially enjoyed talking with a few close friends I had before I took a long break. However, I think what ultimately keeps me coming back is the enjoyment of playing the game itself, the great songs and charts that are available, and the ability to compete against others and always try to incrementally improve your scores.

What is the story behind your username?
It dates to around 2000 (yes really). At the time I was obsessed with languages, although I didn't have access to as the kind of material you can now easily find online, and especially with the way words were spelled and how they'd be pronounced. What would xx sound like, or qq? What if a q had a different letter than u after it? So when I wanted to sign up for Neopets, which was pretty big at the time, I put together a "word" that I thought was interesting and used that. I ended up using the same username for everything since it was never already in use, and eventually it became linked to too many achievements to ever change it.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR?
Automatically rating the difficulty of files on rates and/or from custom engines I know, this is a very difficult project, but hopefully one I can contribute to.

Last edited by qqwref; 12-17-2022 at 07:55 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote