View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 10:30 PM   #26
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

15+ years of time here to explain some stuff so if this ends up being a wall of text, I do not apologize. It's all too important to TLDR/spoiler this.

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?

I joined FFR randomly when I had some sort of urge to play DDR with the arrow keys. I didn't know what StepMania even was until I YouTube'd "Finger DDR" way back in 2007. One day I came across FFR via YouTube with all the StepMania videos and got more curious about it, so I Googled it and came across the actual game on the website. At that point, I was hooked, and my online life would change forever.

At first I didn't know there was a community, let alone knew I could interact with others. As someone that didn't have the greatest High School...or even the most interesting life ever, this was awesome considering my whole rest of my junior year and summer break would just end up being nothing but me playing FFR anyways.

The community and the everlasting new content even to this day is why I stuck around all these years. It also gave me goals to achieve when IRL didn't offer anything at the time, or was too long term (i.e. Graduating from college).

What is the story behind your username?

Way back in 2004 my brother showed me pogo.com (lol) and when I made an account I had to come up with a username. I was told I was a bad bad man way back in the day and I'd get in trouble in school at the time for doing Middle School things. I meeeeean I didn't know any better! Maybe i did...

It was originally gonna be "badman777" but that was taken already, so I added the 2 at the end and that's how I got to "badman7772." It looks better to me anyways.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why?

This honestly might be the longest answer. There are too many people to even name (past and present) that I've interacted with, but I'm going to have a few honorable mentions.

Gonna start off with TheSaxRunner05 for making the FFR Trading Card Game back in 2015. This is where my involvement kinda took off and it ultimately led to me having what would go to on be 2 stints on the Events team up to this point. I can't tell the future, but who knows what will happen later on.

Rivals were definitely a thing too. I had quite a few of them over the years, but the ones that stood out the most were T-Force and MarcusHawkins. For some reason we would most of the time have the same skill level as where I would be at the time, and my competitiveness would always lead me to trying my hardest to get that edge. If they're still confused on why they're mentioned, don't ask. :P It's Only Natural.

I also want to shout out FlynnMac/Klarion for always wanting to win at everything I host and genuinely being a wholesome person for his age. I KNOW IT MAKES ME SOUND OLD. SHUT UP. Also shout out to Skayles as well for being one of those people that would make voice chats very fun and make hours go by. Last shout out here goes to MKIIPro for being literally the funniest man alive in these voice chats. CAN WE NOT FORGET THE FFR DISCOUNT AT WENDYS?! I know there were others, but those I mentioned here stood out the most.

I know I blew up a lot of convos on messengers over the years. Just know if I did, you're amazing. You really are. Same with those people who really took the time out of their day to message me. It's all greatly appreciated.

Like I said though, there have been a lot more people than I can ever remember that made me who I am now, which is the greatest thing that can ever happen. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. This will forever be my home no matter how many times I leave.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR? (Can be for the game or the website.)

I'm honestly not sure. Do we have custom background's yet? Not just the sides but the entire background. If we do someone show me. LOL!