Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Help me to make a movie in a pinch

to answer your two questions
-gimp/trial photoshop
-windows movie maker

you can look around for other programs as well which look friendlier to you
but these are the one's i'd use as i'm familiar with them

windows movie maker can export pictures to multiple video formats at very high qualities.
just upload the photos to wmm and set their durations to "~0.033333 seconds(you can juts put 0.03)" each for a bit over 30 fps video, and just add what ever music you want.

If you want 60 fps, unfortunately i'm not sure if later models of wmm can export at 60 fps as the version i have only allows a minimum of 0.03 seconds for each picture.

I'd suggest some research if you really want 60 fps and look up what programs can do what.

as for cropping,
the default paint program can crop. might be a bit tedious though.
you can try out the free trail of photo shop to crop, gimp, uh.. lotsa programs can crop. But i don't know any that mass crop collages quickly...
if you were to scan a collage it'd have to be a good one
(unless you mean it's on film then that's another side to this)

I'm not sure what resolution you want for this movie though(you might have to switch the dpi and/or have higher resd pictures to use), or how many pictures there , or if you have your own scanner, or if you even want it to be a high frame rate motion stop. so some of this may not even be information you need.
but from what's provided it looks like a really big project which, if you've never done something like this before, will require some studying on how to correctly do this if you want it done well.

if you can show us how the college/pictures are formatted(if it's on paper/film/etc) and how you plan to scan them we could help you more