Old 01-26-2004, 01:56 PM   #20
TehWhack
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehWhack
Actually, a rule of music is that a song should have a constant beat. As soon as it changes, it would usually be considered a seperate song or a very badly composed song. Every song should have ONE BPM unless if it's absolutely nessicary (i.e. a mix of different songs, if you want to express rhythm etc.).

Anyways, BPM changes are just plainly annoying and shouldn't be used often, it will make your file flow better and make more sense.
No offense, but that is one of the most incorrect statements I have ever heard...EVER.

Last time I checked, Mozart, Beethoven, Choppin, all of THE GREATEST composers of all time used BPM changes regularly. BPM changes show emotion. BPM changes are key parts in many of the great classical songs.

And arent BPM changes the opposite of rhythmic expressions?
Didn't I already make a post saying that there are exceptions and that Mozart changed his beats? I'm still trying to base this on if you were to make a FFR/SM/DWI/etc. songs.

It's all guides to making a good song, but keeping it appropriate at the same time.

By the way, harmony is one of the bigger ones you have to look out for while making music. Even Hungarian dances have a fluent tune (even though it sounds like someone is playing the piano with their toes/face)