View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #1646
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

I respect and understand your opinions and I wouldn't change who I am even if everybody on top was a user. I can already fight for nearly 3 5 minute rounds and I can be pretty active during those rounds. Knowing somebody else could do it naturally with much more training and time put into is highly believable from where I'm standing. The way mma brings you up if you are active in it encourages you to stay natural, and I highly believe there are several people, even if they don't happen to be the majority, who are in the UFC and have the mindset to always stay natural and work as hard as they can and replace roids with a proper diet/massage/and tons of hydration. I mean it's not a replacement but you know what I'm saying. When I hang out with people who do mma, nearly all of them strongly disapprove of roids, where in just going to the gym with people to work out I have had people try to convince me several times to do roids. I'm not trying to talk down to bodybuilders, I highly respect the sport and all that. Maybe my beliefs hold me back but I find strength in sticking to who I am and never giving in to the temptation, and I've proven time and time again that skill trumps anything else in this sport by far by proving to people I can beat them in sparring even though I'm usually the smaller/weaker one every time. I'm not trying to brag too much or anything, these are just my beliefs and what pushes me forward. Plus I really am a bigger mma fan then you guys(could be opinion but I really am a fanatic) and although this may make me a little biased, I always try to be open minded. Simply saying everybody on the top is on roids is just a way of your mind doubting yourself and the abilities you could possess naturally. I'm NOT saying there aren't a good chunk of people in mma who use them, I'm NOT saying they aren't an advantage and could prove useful. I'm just saying you CAN make it to the top without using them, regardless if they're are only a few who do. They exist, where they really don't exist in bodybuilding, which is why I love mma so much. Regardless of opinion there is a significantly smaller percentage of roid use/encouragement from what I've seen in only 7 years of enjoying the sport. You guys are also saying most people at the top are using as if everybody on top is using. What I am trying to mostly say since we can't prove the numbers, is you can make it to the top, even be the very best while staying natural. If you guys trained in mma and followed it like I do I think you would agree a little more with what I am saying. Look up the top 10 pound for pound fighters and tell me which ones you think are using. I guarantee it isn't more then 50 percent, I would put all my possessions on it. There is no way to prove this but just look at them, see them fight/train/what they supplement on and what their diet is, and give it a second opinion.
I'm just going to list the top ten pound for pound from ufc.com because if you just look up top ten you might get a retarded list haha(not that this one is perfect but it is definitely a good example)
1 Anderson Silva
2 Jon Jones
3 Georges St-Pierre
4 Jose Aldo
5 Benson Henderson
6 Cain Velasquez
7 Demetrious Johnson
8 Renan Barao
9 Dominick Cruz
10 Frankie Edgar

Last edited by Jerry DB; 06-28-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote