View Single Post
Old 01-2-2012, 08:29 PM   #445
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: New Years Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Question: Say I consistently get good scores on a song using my normal speed mod, and someone else usually gets AAA's with a speed mod that's higher than their usual. Does that mean that in a higher round (like an FGO round) that if I manage to pull an SDG and they get like 20 goods, they can still beat me since bonus points "carry over if they get an AAA"?

In theory they could, but they'd have to have a lot of bonus points carried over in order to do that. I guess in later FMO and FGO rounds, if someone AAAs a song on quite a different speedmod you might see numbers like 500 or so be carried over (although I'm sure it'll be limited to something *reasonable*), in which case they'd have quite a buffer and could beat you. But you could always come back with a speed mod bonus of your own to counteract that.

Edit: Example. A song with 1500 notes. If someone was to AAA it on 0.35x faster than the one they called their default, then they'd gain an extra 525 points of which a % would be carried over. I don't think that the 525 would be counted in the current round, so if you AAA'd it on your default speedmod you'd just draw with him. But he'd start next round with an advantage of maybe 400 or so points, so if he got 20 goods then, the 400 points would bring him up to a 4 good score.

I might be wrong though. Justin will surely tell me if so ^_^

Last edited by wildfireskunk; 01-2-2012 at 08:33 PM..