View Single Post
Old 05-2-2020, 05:18 PM   #13
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Jan/Feb 2020 Set 3

- 0.868/2.217: not hearing these notes
Agreed with the first one, the second one is faint, but it is there.

- first 49 seconds: there are a lot of repeating notes in here that are arguable/ambiguous; a few of them are unarguably correct but a lot of them either accent notes that aren’t there or accent melodic elements that shouldn’t repeat
Yeah I can see I over did it. Toned it down with repeating notes by quite a bit.

- 51.261/etc: these 64th notes are a bit too loose given the low BPM of the song; it might be more prudent for you to use 96ths to make them a bit tighter
- 53.958: likely should be jumps here, these are noticeable chords played in the piano
- 54.801: missing note
- 1:03.902: listen carefully to some of your harder chords, as they might have actual separation in them; you catch some, but miss others like this one right here
- 1:05.924: move to [3]
- 1:06.936: should not be [4]-[3]-[4] as we’ve got a descending bit here; additionally, the [3][3] minijack is technically incorrect in terms of pitch relevance

Fixed

- 1:10.306: should be a grace note here
Hmm I don't hear any grace note here, but I do at 69.801 if that's what you meant. Either way I added the grace note.

- 1:14.857: jack doesn’t belong here as none of the notes in the chord match the note coming out
- 1:23.790/1:24.464: missing note

Fixed

- 1:50.587: whoaaaaaaa, did not see that stream coming at all. on top of it, there’s actually a jump at 1:51.261, in the middle of that stream -- if you’ve got the desire to include a jump inside of a stream like this, you could definitely afford to generally add a touch more layering throughout the song when multiple pianos are playing in less significant sections
Looking back I definitely agree. I've added more layering in a few sections but I did keep a lot of the second half relatively bare with the lower melody since the main one is very striking and strong. I've also went back to the first 49 seconds and added some extra jumps I missed out on.

Amended chart has been uploaded.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.