View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #564
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 365 Reviews Done

Day 392: A Crow Looked At Me by Mount Eerie

I recently revised my RYM to bump The Glow Pt. 2 down from a 5, because I practically never listen to it nowadays. It's still a 4.5, but I never cared for most of what this dude put out as Mount Eerie. And if you don't know the backstory to this album, go google it.

How the fuck am I supposed to review this album? Sheesh, this is an incredibly tough listen, in the... best way possible I suppose? What the hell is this? What are emotions? I'm a numb motherfucker man, and I just feel extra socially retarded trying to talk about this album. It's sad, which is obviously what Elverum was going for... What the hell how are you supposed to critique a release like this? Am I suppose to praise it because I enjoy his pain? Can I criticize the lack of rhymes or does that make me a callous asshole? I don't actually care about the lack of rhymes at times since it doesn't detract from the point of the music, I'm just trying to make a point. This is blatantly the most artist-personal contemporary release I've reviewed, and talking about this album just feels incredibly uncomfortable. I mean, the dude put this out for the masses to consume, clearly he wanted people to interpret it their own way.

...Fuck this I can't talk about this one at all. Based on that, you know it's good! Know that this is a good album, an incredibly painful one and a very sincere sounding one. And it's easily the best thing this guy has released since the aforementioned The Glow Pt. 2. Nobody should go through what this man has, but people will, and this is a good result of that... Wow that makes me sound like an asshole. I'm 3 fuckin months late.

...What am I doing with my life?

Best Track: My Chasm, maybe? Crow, maybe? Why the fuck does my personal favorite matter?
Rating: 8.5/10 (I'm assigning a rating to this? How can I do that? Why is this review almost completely questions?)

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote