View Single Post
Old 04-1-2014, 07:19 PM   #275
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
I'm pretty sure we are just going to go through and classify the difficulties of the file using our own Stepmania Illuminati methodologies, and not some algorithm, during the post production process of the pack once we have all the accepted files and graphics together.
Probably rank between 10 and 16, and use 9s only for peasi mode files like mimiga town.
Makes the most sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
he had one for kEyBeAt that bLasT programmed for him. the formula basically took the raw nps values in various sections of a chart where the note density was the highest and averaged them out. there was still some minor fudging involved, but this is extremely counter productive and a waste of time towards a stepmania pack, rofl.

the nps standard I stuck with for the ffr season packs is full of errors and bad for reference because I had too many files to sift through on my own and was working on tight deadlines while juggling a billion other things.

the only semi-accurate way to utilize nps+fudgefactor is by having multiple people play the files and contributing their opinions on how much to fudge the raw nps, kinda similar to how ffr currently assigns difficulties.
I don't understand why the nps calculation is even necessary when you're adding a subjective component anyways. It's an interesting trend to measure spikes in the file and the like but nps is only loosely correlated to actual difficulty in the scheme of things. Having people attach a number to a Stepmania file is as accurate as you're going to get imho and the larger the sample size, the more accurate the result.

Last edited by Dynam0; 04-1-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote