View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Default Re: what's the difference between a personal attack, an insult, and a true statement

To be receptive to insults implies that one has an emotional soft spot. Insults cause people to try harder, either to change or assert themselves. At the moment of insult there's a reaction that is usually kinda uncomfortable.
Theoretically, the insult and the reaction could be independent of each other and coincidental, which is what I like to believe, because I hold being different in the highest regard.
Often to give an insult implies that you are, in fact, insecure, even if your heart's in the right place.
Even the maddest situation, when one deserves insult and is a problem or nuisance, can be attributed to coincidence. A buildup of brain chemicals in this increasingly kooky world. An example would be, let's say, if someone bogarted all your Doritos when you left the room and now you seek vengeance. Why my friend? Flesher's theorum clearly states that the social world is purely divine and the Dorito's aren't actually Doritos.
I hope you found this interesting and remember that all things good and evil are real.