View Single Post
Old 12-8-2018, 06:57 AM   #7
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Yeah I definitely have a soft spot for SMW, but I'm starting to think that NSMB has the best mechanics for high-end play. The spin mechanic drastically increases the amount of movement options you get, which results in a wider expressive range for the level developers. However there are a lot of interesting spin jump and cape challenges you can make with SMW too.

Interestingly, I think the Western players tend to favor SMW while the JP players tend to favor NSMB. My personal ranking for Mario Maker is NSMB > SMW > Mario 3 > SMB.
personally thats the reason I dislike the NSMB movement, the spin mechanic, and free wall jumping.. I feel it sort of obsoletes some things like shell jumping, frame perfect walljumps, p switch jumps etc, but to each their own

I also sort of dislike cape, at least in vanilla SMW.. theres a few cool mechanics like maintaining cape speed through doors, down-warping with spin blocks, invincibility frames from hitting something while flying etc, but whenever I play smw I basically just cape and fly through all the levels like a grimeball lol

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-8-2018 at 06:58 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote