View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 04:41 AM   #30
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: I'm tired of Google's algorithms thinking they know what I want and ruining the n

I've also have found that the quality of the results that I get from Google doesn't appear to be as stellar as I remember them being. I find myself often having to go to the 2nd or even 3rd page to find something that addresses my query. It seems that Google has an easy time giving you relevant results if you're trying to purchase a product or are seeking very general information. It seems that anytime I try to search for anything that's somewhat specific within the topic of X, the top results involve trying to sell me products/services involving X and/or the results are just general information about X (and not the specific thing I'm looking for).

I will say though, that I'm certain that Google isn't entirely to blame for my experiences. I'm pretty certain that the types of things that I google nowadays are much more specific/obscure than the things that I googled 5 or 10 years ago. So it only makes sense that over the years that I'd have a harder and harder time finding the things I want since I've been searching for more and more specific/obscure things over the years.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote