shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF AUGUST 28, 2012 BATCH

Judge Team 2

Niala

Art of Madness (MarioNintendo) 8/10 [+]
- Mid section is really well done, it's just so colourful that it's hard to tell what's going on until you've played the file a couple of times. IMO this is an issue, I don't think the file should necessarily be a sightread AAA or anything, It's just hard to follow because not only is the time signiature switching back and forth, but the arrow colours don't do anything to help the player figure it out quickly and adjust.
- That minijack at measure 29 is out of place, there's 1 in the whole file and when it comes out the two arrows around it are on the same hand making it even more awkward. I get it's for PR and all it's just out of the blue and hard to hit.
- I like the JS sections, really well done, kinda oldschool feel and they're fun.

Danse Bacchanale (Silvuh) 7/10 [+.]
- Sweet lord this file is long. Like, it's entertaining to me because I enjoy the music but I can see some people not being happy with this because it's long and very easy save two or three spots.
- At around measure 54 you start with the 24ths between the jump and the hand. Now, granted, this could be entirely for climax theory, but measure 52 and 53 have the same flutes that are ignored. I don't see why, even if you wanted the fact that it became octaves to be more prominent. You could use a 16th at 52 and 53, just some sort of indication of "this is relevant coming up btw."
- Measure 80 & 82 why not a third hand?
- Measure 87, not sure if 12th gallops what, but I don't think it's 16ths. May want to double check for accuracy. <THIS IS IMPORTANT because it feels VERY wrong.
- Arrow disappeared in measure 112, might be conversion error.
- This also happened earlier but cbf to find the measure, 141 and the earlier spot what are those jumps for? I can't find a single thing they represent, try to make it more cohesive.
- It might help to note that most of this is nitpicky stuff that isn't really file-breaking (although the 16th gallops are file-breaking imo) but should still be addressed.

dr. mario (blindreaper1179) [?] 2/10
- Make sure you title your folder the same thing you title the song btw, it's hard to find who stepped the file if they're not the same name.
- File starts on a weird beat, you should either be starting it 2 arrows before-hand or 6 arrows later.
- Overall the file needs a pretty massive rehaul. The patterns are random and have little relevance to the music, and the jumps flow in and out at random, no reason, no layering.
- On top of that, stuff will get stepped sometimes but ignored other times.
- As mean as it may be to say, the file comes across as amateurish, no regard for standard simfile-making concepts.

Dragon Slayer (Silvuh) 8/10 [+]
- The polyrhythms were a really nice touch, gave it that extra little push to make it interesting.
- The layering must be some new meta shit 'cause I have no ****ing clue what went on there. It's not a big very big deal because it's all still playable and fine it's just odd and doesn't really have any reason to be like that as far as I can tell.

Far East (AllNight) (00Razor00) 6/10 [+.]
- There's a bit of a consistency issue in the jumps at the start, beat 26 has a jump, beat 42 doesn't, beat 30 does and beat 46 doesn't. I was literally like "doot doo~ dalalalala doot doot doo~ dalalalala doot doot doo~ do dododododo doot doot doo~ doot dalalalalalalalala doot doo~ why is this one different, doot doo~ and this one is too, doot doot doo~ this one is right, doot jump doo~ aight."
- btw that happens again, too many doots to type out twice though !_!
- Careful on the 32nd gallops, particularly around 16ths (i.e. beat 134ish area) that pattern simplifies to 43[13] 43[12] which is messy in terms of the polyrhythm and pattern.
- doot doot~ you get the point.
- AH SHIET another one, uh, I checked it out and it happens each time too, beat 204 is a single whereas beat 188 is a jump, beat 164 is a jump and beat 180 is a single. 'dat consistency errors *bite lower lip*
- beat 231's roll is better suited going the other way 'cause pr. Also that roll is ****in' nasty ass mean shit bro.
- beat 324.5 and 325.25 you should consider singles. =o
- Um, lots of small errors that absolutely have to be fixed, but it's very very fun.

Feelings From the Air (trumaestro) 8/10 [+]
- I had a simfile author orgasm at measure 74 and 75. Thought you might like to know that.
- My one big note is be careful to be constantly filling in the double snare kicks throughout the file. There are a lot of spots it was missed, and it's so prominent you can't really get away with ignoring it unless for good reason (i.e. avoiding the polyrhythms with the 12ths is a good reason.) Stuff like that actually helps round out a transition between themes and even fill in dead space which is really useful in a song like this with tricky transitions that are rhythmically hard to follow.
- (note on that, you don't necessarily have to make strict LAYERS with it to make it work, it can be all singles or however you like, just the dropped representation in transitionary sections feels clunky and unorganized instead of filled and complete.)

Fire (Elite Ninja) 9/10 [+]
- I LIKE THIS GUY. "Fire" is four letters. I can SPELL fire. Do you know how many times it takes me to try and spell all those japan words that people send in? A ****ing lot, that's how many.
- AND THE FILE IS SHORT? You're doing everything right if you're trying to get into my knickers later.
- Except the file.
- loljk so that arrow at beat 62 (right before the 32nd stream) isn't part of the jack that precedes it, change that.
- and again at beat 94.
- k done.

FLOWER FOREVER (MrPopadopalis25) 8/10 [+]
- Missed a 16th (piano) at beat 59.750
- That's literally the only mistake I found. This file is ****in' oldschool, DJ Sharpnel streamfile. But hey it's fun and the stream is comfy (even if you copypasted some of it)
- I will also argue it's a bit repetitive, but I get why.

For FFR (XxMidigamixX) 3/10 [+?]
- Why no 8th note a beat 6.5? Even if it wasn't there (which it prominently is) it's an ugly transition from 1 4 arrow to the next.
- Same issue as beat 30.5.
- Starting at beat 9 it's hard to distinguish the difference between the bass synth and melodic synth so instead of breaking the stream at unintelligible points you're better off doing straight stream.
- What's with the stream drop at measure 16?
- That colour theory is fine, if unnecessary, but beat 91 isn't one of them.
- It also isn't a jump.
- And then it transitions out of colour theory and stream for no apparent reason.
- Missed a jump at beat 123.5
- The JS starting at beat 186 needs some work too, patterns are a bit messy. For example, look at the anchor at beat 203.
- Again, the stream just cuts out for no reason.
- Starting at beat 231 is mistimed.
- Another example of poor JS patterns is starting at beat 255.5, it's an anchor just a less obvious one. Notice how all the quarter notes are on the right arrow, and, on top of that, all of the stream notes are on left, down, and up until you hit beat 260.5. It creates that same "stale" feeling where the notes get harder to hit because the pattern doesn't flow nicely.
- Broken record but breaking the js for no reason etc.
- Don't get me wrong I think this file has good intentions and has the potential to be a good file, there's just so many inconsistencies in the steps.

Futari, Hajimari (Silvuh) [+] 9/10
- Have nothing but positive remarks about this file, it's not only technically astounding, but has great attention to detail (for example, the re-coloured 24ths are a great example of adding colour to represent the style of the song.)

Future Destination (Reshiram) 6/10 [+.]
- beat 214.5 is clearly a second triplet.
- 222.5 is a ghost note.
- So is 238.5
- and you missed a bunch of arrows at the end of that area, beats: 240.250, 241 (debatable but imo yes), 241.750, and measure 62 is actually straight 16ths.
- Measure 70 is also straight through with 16ths.
- beat 383.5 I think is also one of those triplet jumps.
- beat 387.5 the jumps aren't entirely correct, the last 6th of that 7 note string should be a jump, and the last 8th and the 4th shouldn't be (although 4th can be for snare if you want.)
- there's a jump on beat 392.5
- also that last 4th isn't technically there, if it's a placeholder it could do with being a bit later.
- Lots of small notes, most of which are quite noticable.

FUTURE~SHOCK (rayword45) 7/10 [+.]
- You did a number on this file, props, last time I judged it, it was basically unplayable, now it's significantly more consistent and the layering is much better.
- Only a couple smaller notes this time, one is make sure you pay careful attention to the music, sections like measure 38 drop the synth on the 16th runningmen, it seems like you just got carried away with the section before-hand and forgot to implement that as well.
- Second, watch out for ridiculous patterns that are difficult to hit for no reason, for example, starting at beat 193, polyrhythmic 32nd16th overlaps in the shape of a roll is pretty disastrous, particularly at crazy speeds such as this.
- That 48th roll near the end (right before measure 65) is completely unnecessary. It's easy to fall into the trap of "I don't want my file to be forgotten" but changing the speed of the rolls like that isn't the way to go about it.
- Excellent improvement however, it's nice to see your notes make some sort of fruition for once.

Galaxy (coolboyrulez0) 9/10 [+]
- This is not dubstep! made me giggle.
- Enjoyed it quite a bit, no reason to nitpick because the file is great without it.

Go *60* Go (Wayward Vagabond) 6/10 [+.]
- IMO way too long. The file gets it's point across the first time, the repeat is kinda unecessary.
- I was really expecting a lot of messy transitioning between the 16ths and swing, but somehow it actually flows very smoothly.
- p.s. 151.367s shouldn't that be more of a x-xx/ style? Seems like a copy-paste mistake.
- The only other issue I see is that it's kind of... not fun. In all honesty the 64ths being everywhere just makes it feel like awkward JS patterns and it's like there's so much shit going on all the shitting time that you have no idea how to hit the shit because shit's hitting the shitfan namsayin?

Go Beyong!! -Jazzy Mix- (FFR Edit) (Patashu) 7/10 [+.]
- I'm not going to say a lot on this file. I think it's a good file and has competitive value, and it appears to be stepped with that in purpose in mind which I'm fine with, but I do want to point out a couple of massive issues from my own perspective.
- One: The hand and particularly quad placements are nonsensical. Not entirely, mind you, but they don't have much value or stand out as anything purposeful, they're just there to make the file harder.
- Two: The cluster****. It's just a constant stream of arrows and minijacks and polyrhythms and etc. It's not the kind of file I expect to be loved by anybody simply because 90% of the people will just bitch that it's too hard.
- Three: (this is in part caused by #2 but) The relevance to the music. This is caused by two things: firstly, there's just a bunch of arrows with no real breaks in them; and secondly, there was no real effort to bring attention to any dynamics of the music. It's just so heavily layered that it became irrelevant what the SONG was doing and became all about what each instrument was doing and how they layered on top of each other.
- Four: It's insanely long given the file doesn't change much the whole way through.

Gotta Catch'Em All (Wayward Vagabond) 8/10 [+]
- Take the amount of times you used the word "shit" in your last batch reviews and that is the amount of shit this song is.
- At least the file's good.
- I remember noticing a couple of consistency mistakes, but they were very small and I can't be ****ed to go find them since nobody else is going to notice them anyway, unless you really want me to.
- 193.283s OUR courage will etc.

Hajnal2 (mi40) 4/10 [+?]
- Beat 134 what the **** is that?
- Beat 168 ghost 16ths
- Beat 178 missing 16th
- Beat 182 ghost 16ths
- Beat 185 is a really weird way to represent those noises, trip-quads?
- Beat 192 that pattern flows about as well as a dried up river.
- Beat 209.375 makes that pattern nearly impossible.
- That empty area starting at beat 256, I'm fine with it but use some PR to make it look better.
- Beat 408 might have to kill you for that. It doesn't HAVE to be changed but it should be.
- When stepping voices you can still try to keep the feel of the voices in the arrows instead of just stepping them on time with no regard to which arrow represents which sound.
- Beat 476... I think you might be able to get away with that because the sound is wobbly as **** but even still it's pretty odd.
- Beat 527 same issue as before with the quads not really meaning much in this case.
- Beat 534 missed 16ths.
- Beat 557 missed a 16th.
- I'm just going to put etc. here because it'd take me hours to go through this file and find all the misrhythms.
- Aside from making sure you look it over and catch any spots where you added/missed 16ths, try to avoid making your file look like a rainbow in some spots. Don't get me wrong, colour theory is fine if used with discretion, but some of the spots have so much random colour to them it's impossible to tell what the rhythm is that you were trying to convey.
- Just fix it and resend it 'cause the file will work once it's actually executed properly.

Headless (00Razor00) 5/10 [+?]
- Measure 34 is really poorly done. The patterns don't flow well with the timing being so awkward.
- I don't quite get the layering scheme at measure 54, It's pretty random plus it seems to change awkwardly halfway through.
- Have a look at measure 104, this is a good example of a bad dnb pattern. That's literally translates into [12][34][34] as 16ths, which doesn't fit the situation at all.
- That being said, you should try to keep in mind when going over the file that the patterns will need some reworking in general. There are too many hands amidst really fast 16th stream, the dnb breaks are awkward and hard to hit, and the layering is hard to figure out.
- P.s. that placeholder is really unnecessary.

Hyper Highspeed Star (Rebirth vs Izzy) 4/10 [+?]
- Sync feels a bit early, like 10-20ms somewhere in there.
- Just before measure 53 you used the same 16th triplet twice. Which would be fine if it was somehow consistent with the earlier parts of the file part it isn't.
- Starting at measure 54 is really odd. The first like 10 jumps alternate between [13] and [24] and the whole section is like awkward half-chains.
- There are a ton of awkward 16th anchors in this file (one that made me cringe was measure 104) but really there are a lot. I realize the file is a kick-back to EHHS and a passé style of stepping but keeping in mind more recent discoveries is still important.
- Another example right before 131.
- And the file just goes on forever for what's basically entirely 16th JS. On top of that, the 16th JS has a lot of problems in it with poor patterns and anchors. If you want to base an entire file off of one specific stepping technique you should really make sure that one thing is done well.

I Made This for You (Soul.) 8/10 [+]
- There are some misrhythms in the file for sure. For example, the 16th at measure 53 should be a 12th, small things like that.
- I personally quite like this file, but I guarantee a lot of people won't, including some of the judges. The song doesn't lend itself well to being objectively stepped, there are a lot of sounds that can be represented in 10 different ways, and some people will disagree with your choices.

I'm a Monster (cbr) 7/10 [+.]
- Measure 13 you might want to consider a hand, to me it doesn't seem very quad-worthy, but not a big deal either way.
- Just before measure 17 the pr is off. Which I only point out because it's been right everywhere else basically.
- Measure 48 is stepping wrong. Those 16th jumps happen a 16th late.
- Missed a jump at beat 194.5
- Pretty good, nothing but small mistakes.

Incident Zero (hi19hi19) 8/10 [+]
- The file is great, I only thought two things of it really while playing.
- One: That solo section is REALLY empty. You might want to try turning it away from a full solo and add some layering because it's a lot of dead air.
- Two: There was this section near the end (starting measure 62) is sort of rough. A lot of the patterns tend to go 1234 or 4321 or 43234 or etc. It's all in the same direction which makes it kind of stale.

Internal Cannon (condoct) 6/10 [+.]
- I don't like this three not jack into half-chains in the starting section, it's not congruent with the more open steps before it.
- I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this before but beat 85-87 is 12ths.
- Same as beat 105-109. And even if it wasn't that pattern is awful.
- Yeah I feel like I've said this before. Use 12ths. Not 16ths.
- And yeah, don't ignore drumbeats for no relevant reason, i.e. beat 147 area.
- Beat 167 is actually 16ths! Too bad the pattern is poop.
- You missed a triplet around measure 93 somewhere.
- All in all, it's unfortunate, because the mistakes in the file are basically the areas that could make the file more interesting.
- It's also unfortunate that the parts of the file that aren't what I mentioned are well-done, just what I did mention really isn't.

J'ai Entendu Le Train (dossar) 7/10 [+.]
- What an odd song.
- Those 24ths make absolutely no sense. Like you can't even pretend to rationalize them. Even given that the entire song is entirely subjective to step, that's wrong.
- I think I see what you're trying to do at measure 37 and no it doesn't work. Stick to the higher sounds it makes more sense.

Jazzman - Super Mario Bros. (MarioNintendo) 9/10 [+]
- I'd personally get rid of that 8th at beat 74.500, it'd give more an impact to the steps right after.
- This file restored my faith in ffr's simfile authors.

Just Hold On (bmah) 8/10 [+]
- It's a bit long, but not excessive by any means.
- The polyrhytm jack area is a bit awkward but not file-breaking.

Kirlian Choices (Choofers) 7/10 [+.]
- It's a tad on the jump-heavy side.
- Also some of the 32nds are absurd.
- This a huge issue with using hands in a fast file like this and it's that you create insane anchors and leave very little room for verying your patterns. I noticed it really badly starting at measure 45.
- The ending drags a bit, but at least the file as a whole.

Kirlian Shores (DarkZtar) 4/10 [+?]
- beat 122 no.
- beat 171 no.
- beat 195 no.
- Okay here's the problem with this file, it seems all fine and good and then there are these random massive, and I mean MASSIVE, difficulty spikes. The jacks and the crazy un-readable speedups and all that just crap all over the file because they're legitimately not playable.
- Like, measure 75, wtf is that?
- And measure 76! I can't even mash that fast.
- I think the file has good intentions, but the jacks don't fit and the bursts are impossible.

Lawn Wake III (mi40) 5/10 [+?]
- right before measure 33 the breaks are the same but you have one three note string and one 5 note.
- ghost note at beat 151.5
- this section with the 4th jacks has an odd layering scheme to it, the jumps come because of the note changing? I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to convey with them.
- measure 54 that section has the 16th on the starts of measures but if it's for that soft dnb there are quite a few missed throughout the section, if not then no clue.
- starting measure 62 has a similar issue, there are 16ths thrown in but not consistently with the drums, just at a whim.
- Measure 84 you made a change to randomly start incorporating the 4th jacks again. Consistency is important.
- beat 339 could be more impactful somehow. the red quarter note just makes it feel like it blends when it's such a striking opportunity in the music. It's not technically wrong, just a note on something you could see if you could make more out of it.
- there's a definite downbeat at beat 403.5
- beat 382 and 414 are actually different breaks represented the same way.
- beat 421-424 is messy with the timing, the first break is 2 notes, and then the ones after don't align with the music correctly.
- beat 425.5 you've been using kind of 2 groups of 48ths to represent that sound for most of the file but it changed here.
- the hand at 449.5 is for what?
- measure 117 is really well done
- beat 506 for climax maybe but still out of place.
- starting measure 134 there seems to be a lot of inconsistent use of sounds. Sometimes it gets used sometimes it doesn't and there's no real reason for the switches (particularly relevant to the first 16 measure after 134)
- ending is also quite inconsistent with itself and the sections it repeats from earlier.
- The song is long and has a lot of dead space which isn't good for replayability of a file, and as i mentioned has too many inconsistencies.

Lawn Wake XI (t-rogdor) 8/10 [+]
- Measure 21 is standard ddream shitdick pattern of the year.
- Nice length though, and it's smartly done with few unplayable patterns. Which is impressive given that it's not really a song as much as it is noise.

Let's Go (trumaestro) 8/10 [+]
- Excellent simfile, PR is payed attention to throughout, just generally really well done.
- The only thing I'm a bit unimpressed with is the length, the file is incredibly one-toned so having 2.5 minutes of it gets sort of boring but that aside this file is great.

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!! (Alex Dest) 8/10 [+]
- The ending is a bit of a spike mostly because of patterns and I'm not sure how well it'd convert but I love the song and the file, it suits the song really well.

Lunar Eclipse - a nation of moon (DarkZtar) 7/10 [+.]
- Very nice attention to detail in the intro with the 8th jacks.
- For reasons of comfort, using a jump on meausre 22, 24, 26 etc. is a good idea.
- The ending is really poorly done. It fades out into hands and a 32nd pattern? It just doesn't make good sense.
- Overall I really like the file. Simple and fun and easy to play.

Malevolent Mansion [Heavy] (MiddieXForc3) 5/10 [+?] [<]
- The 24th patterns and switching the 32nds are bad.
- The dnb section has a lot of misrhythms in it.
- Overall the PR is weak too.
- Also the 32nds at the very end got ignored.

Malevolent Mansion [Standard] (Middie) 8/10 [+.]
- I knew there was something missing. Beat 80.500 and 112.500 are missing a note.
- Also this is something I didn't like about either file but it's not terrible: When you layer the bass for jumps you ignore the snare in the same section (starting m.36). It just plays uncomfortably.
- This file is much better than the other, more consistent and better patterns.

Mario Mix For Piano (MarioNintendo) 10/10 [++]
- This file is flawless.
- This file is how to make piano simfiles the right way.
- This file is everything right about simfiling.

Megaman 9 Rock Medley (meagmon88xMarioNintendo) 7/10 [+.]
- Measure 88 feels wrong, I think the second last 16th jump is supposed to be the 4th.
- I don't like the switch to 8ths at measure 194. The music doesn't come accross as 300 bpm.
- File is generally fine. It's a lot better than it used to be for sure, I still think it's understepped in some spots though.

Milky Blue (icyworld) 7/10 [+.]
- The amount of times I squee'd like a little girl during this song is somewhat degrading....
- I'm just gonna say this: I don't like blue's for 4ths, I get it Milky Blue and all but still.
- Measure 76+ is a bit of a problem for me. I find that it gets very stale and while the PR is good it's just awkward and difficult. I think the BNS also contributes to making it harder than it should be because of colour association.
- Measure 113+ is a bit impactless because there's too much layering. The voices would be fun but the voices with the synth is just too full.
- Some of the patterns in this file really don't make me happy. Which is awful because the song does. Long strings of 32nds with no breaks and that can be almost entirely put in the same direction get very stale very quickly and aren't fun to hit.
- Something I can concede to this is that the file is actually pretty exceptionally well done, it's main problem is that it's not fun for people who aren't quite good enough to play it effectively.

Myriagon (Reshiram) 6/10 [+.]
- This file is incredibly repetitive and it's not entirely the songs fault. There's no attempt at building the file throughout or... well, anything really, it's just very static and the steps are basically copied and pasted for 90% of it.
- To further incite, the hardest part of the file is actually right at the start because the patterns are somewhat disorganized.
- On top of that the layering is somewhat weak, there are entire sections of the file that I'd miss jumps and hit a single instinctively because it just should not have been a jump there.
- It's not like the file is filled with misrhythms and unreadable patterns or anything, it's just lackluster and doesn't make me want to play it at all.

Negions Fall (hi19hi19) 9/10 [+]
- Congrats to hi19. He stepped the one dnb file this batch that I actually enjoyed. And considering something like half of my files have been dnb that's actually saying something.
- The one thing I don't really like is that the ending is kinda out of nowhere. It's in that awkward length of "the file must be going on longer after this slow section" and "is it going to end here?" It's kinda right in the middle.

Nekomimi Switch (middie) 7/10 [+.]
- I think the step fade out at the end is somewhat unnecessary, the song cuts well enough to keep the jumps layered.
- measure 43's 16th is wrong.
- The file is fine really, it just doesn't leave much to be desired. It doesn't come across as repetitive or anything, it's just not enticing.

New Fluttershy (megamon88) 7/10 [+.]
- I'm not sure the sync on this file is great, I think the intro is slightly out of sync with the rest of the file.
- The 16th dumpstream goes on for too long too, I'd recommend finding a way to wean into it instead.
- Song isn't my cuppa tea, but file's aight.

NEXT STAGE!! (Silvuh) 9/10 [+]
- Excellent file.
- Found it! beat 226.5 (right near the end) you missed a jump on an 8th note. I knew I felt something odd when I played it, and that was it.

Not Our Tomorrow (Dossar) 6/10 [+.]
- The song making me rather I'd chew my ears off than listen to it aside...
- I noticed a lot of jumps that don't seem to belong, stuff like beat 17. As far as I could tell, the jumps were 4ths based on whether the guitar was playing or not, and there seemed to be a lot of extra jumps.
- Um, you have some massively shit 16th patterns in here. Like, all of them that are longer than a string of 5. If something is 260 bpm using awkward patterns is really bad.
- I'd say that's as bad as it gets, though. The parts of the file that are playable are mostly good, but the parts that aren't are just spikey and impossible.

OKAY! (Frank Munoz) 1/10 [-] [!]
-No .sm file. You either submitted the file as an "EDIT" file, or you have SM saved in an area where you need administrator permission to extract files, in which case it saves the files to your computer but you can't take them off (i.e. program files or something)

Outer Space (Tidus810) 7/10 [+.]
- Those 32nds at measure 16 flowed really well, gj on those.
- At measure 45 I think you missed some 16ths.
- The latter half of the file feels as though it has a lot more misrhythms in it, if nothing else because there seems to be too many arrows.
- In my experience, these kind of simfiles have a tendency not to convert well for FFR, as well I find them in concept somewhat underwhelming.

Still Shy VIP Instrumental (megamon88) 7/10 [+.]
- Those triplets in the early parts of the file are all 5 note strings. Once you hear it it's incredibly distracting.
- The 32nds at m.54 are kinda rough, might've been easier with a bit more pattern variability.
- The one at m.70 works a lot better.
- I also don't like how spikey those 32nds are. The file is SO easy compared to them, you could have just used 24ths or something a bit more reasonable.

[resub] THE LITTLE MERMAID (hi19hi19) 9/10 [+]
- congrats you've xandertrax'd a file that deserves a 1 into the game gj. Just trying to get this crap out of my batches from now on.

woker-X

[Resubmission] THE LITTLE MERMAID / hi19hi19
rating: 8/10 [+]
Play Test: Looks like an easier Grocery Escape Plan... and I like it.
Editor:
- I did read the previous notes of this file and I have to ask... have you changed anything at all?? because I see that the file still haves all the stuff from those notes.
13.165 - Should be a jump.

Art Of The Madness / MarioNintendo
Play Test: The beginning feels repetitive but it's ok.
Editor:
5.933 and 6.683 - these are jumps, you will have to change that runningmen pattern so they are different than [34].
63.85 - This is not that fast, the last note of the triplet should be a 4th (like 70.76).

Danse Bacchanale / Silvuh
rating: 7/10 [+.]
Play Test: long file x.x ... the file is fun, there are some questionable hands in some sections.
Editor:
16.58 - This note is way offsync.
96.558 and 97.558 - According to your layerind, these notes should be hands.
183.944 and 184.184 - I don't see any reason to use hands here.
187.784 and 188.024 - Same as above.
238.214 - Offsync note.
250.326 and 264.158 - Missing notes.
337.656 and 337.773 - Missing notes, you stepped those sounds at 336.702 and 337.182.
372.353 - Hand.

Dragon Slayer / Silvuh
Play Test: The file feels generic, but I don't see anything wrong.
Editor:
- I didn't get what were you layering on the second half of the song, because the sounds are not that noticeable (it feels a bit overstepped for this reason).
- I think 26.324 would fit better as a jump than 26.124 and 26.524

Far East (All Night) / 00Razor00
Play Test: Some 32nds feel awkward.
Editor:
47.198 - I don't hear anything here.
47.995 - I think this would fit better in the first column.
49.495 - These are the 32nds that feel weird, probably because is in the same column as the notes before and after but being a totally different sound.
88.354 - This shouldn't be a jack.
92.995 - Missing note, you can change the [12] jump in the beginning of the roll to [14] to keep the same hand at the end.
118.448 - a mini-jack??... a ghost note??... both!!!... move it to the 4th at 118.542 (and change it to the right arrow)
125.057 - The first note is a ghost note, the roll starts at the 8th, and I think it's faster (like 124.354).

Feelings From the Air / trumaestro
rating: 5/10 [+?]
Play Test: Interesting file. Layering has some problems.
Editor:
48.206 - Missing note.
61.157 - Jump.
61.716 - jump.
63.206 - Should be a jump (same sound as the next 2 jumps).
64.697 - Jump, check this entire section again.
84.169 - Missing note.
111.374 - Remove this arrow.

fever gameboy rmx / blindreper1179
rating: 3/10 [?]
Play Test: PR is pretty bad sorry.
Editor:
- You should add 2 seconds of silence so you can step the intro. If you don't want to add the silence, start at 3.220.
- PR has a lot of problems. This is a good file to learn to step, you should download the midi of this song and a midi player that tells you how it is played (like VanBasco's Karaoke Player). This will help you a lot with the PR, because you will know if it's ascending or descending.
25.220 - This arrow is totally different from 24.820, so they can't be on the same column. You have this problem in several spots. This is only an example of the PR problems. You have to check the entire song again, the midi and the program will help you.

Fire / Elite Ninja
Play Test: Solid and fun file.
Editor:
34.119 - change the 16th and the 8th to another column.
69.678 and 69.854 - Missing notes.

Flower Forever / MrPopadopalis25
rating: 6/10 [+.]
Play Test: This feels so old-shool haha... anyway, the trills feel weird.
Editor:
40.028 - Missing note.
- I think this is the best you can do with a song this repetitive. I know you stepped the 32nds rolls as 16th trills, but I don't think they fit that well.
- One more thing, I understand why you used 16ths even though they are only 8ths (old-school manias)... but they feel so forced, especially the second stream.

For FFR V2 / XxMidigamixX
Play Test: I have to check this closely, I think it is better that v1 though.
Editor:
0.00 - Add 2 seconds of silence.
3.550 - Missing note.
11.216 - This should be a single note.
11.550 - Missing note.
12.300 - Remove this arrow.
22.716 - You ignore the 16ths here but not in the next measure, be consistent.
23.966 - Missing arrow.
28.966 - Missing arrow.
31.833 - I suggest to change this pattern so it has better flow, just make sure the first arrow is different from 31.716
39.383 - I like how you were using 64ths, but here you changed all the notes to green without any reason.
91.050 - I'm not sure about these gallops, there are some notes missing.

Futari, Hajimari / Silvuh
Play Test: You really like to use hands, don't you?? hehehe. Good file.
Editor:
64.644 - I don't hear anything here.
110.582 - Jump. Actually in this section you ignored some jumps, I don't know why.
118.957 - Missing note.
119.707 - Ghost note. Move it to 119.957

Future Destination / Reshiram
Play Test: Amazing chart, the ending is hard compared to the rest of the file though hahaha.
Editor:
112.860 - This hand is not necessary at all.
124.560 - You could add the 16ths here.

FUTURE~SHOCK / rayword45
Play Test: There are some jumps that would be better as single notes. The 32nds are jumptrillable so I don't see any problem, but there's a questionable 48th roll that I have to check.
Editor:
- I don't get what you're layering near the beggining.
28.800 - This jump should be different from 28.339
31.800 - Missing note.
34.493 - Check this section, a lot of the jumps should be single notes. My suggestion is keep the jumps that goes to the "lyrics" like 34.954 and 35.416 and ALL other sounds as single notes, this will improve this section a lot.
48.646 - Missing 32nds.
52.416 and 52.569 - Missing notes.
80.954 - This is a 32nd roll like the others.
86.492 - This need better sync.

Galaxy / Coolboyrulez0
rating: 9/10 [+]
Play Test: Great chart.
Editor:
37.952 - Missing note.
51.666 - Missing note.

Go 60 Go / wayward vagabond
Play Test: Really fun file, I love the flow of the chart <3 .
Editor:
151.367 - WTF is this haha. The 16th, the 64th and the next 4th are ghost notes. They should be only 2 jumps, near the 8th and the second 16th.

Go Beyond!! -Jazzy mix- (FFR Edit) / Patashu
Play Test: I thought this was going to be an mid-difficulty file... ohh, I was so wrong. I don't think that many quads are neccesary.
Editor:
- Chart is overstepped, but it can be fun for the FFR gurus.
38.866 - Should be a jump.
67.585 - This hand should be different from the previous one.
82.951 - I think a hand fits better here.
162.890 and 163.073 should only be jumps.

Gotta Catch'em All / Wayward Vagabond
rating: 10/10 [++]
Play Test: this file sucks [/jealous]
Editor:
everything is pure sex except for:
179.449 - this could be a cool roll.

Hajnal 2 / mi40
rating: 4/10 [+?]
Play Test: The colored quads are weird.
Editor:
32.613 and 34.337 - I don't hear anything here.
48.273 - Missing note.
50.026 - Ghost note.
54.207 - This note should be moved to 54.164
63.647 - Missing note.
65.974 - Only the first "quad" is acceptable, the other two should be jumps at most.
70.759 - This burst should start at the 4th note and end at the 8th, so you have to remove the first 32nd and add it to 70.931 instead.
76.405 - Ghost note. Missing 16th at 76.578
95.888 - This is not in the same pitch as 95.457, change it. 100.716 too.
173.044 - Change this pattern so it is different from 172.871
177.526 - Missing note.
183.906 - I suggest changing theses bursts to 3-notes ... so you can have more variation.
186.319 - Missing 16ths.
189.164 - Missing note.
201.837 - I suggest changing theses hands to [124] and the ones at 203.216 to [134] to have better PR.
229.768 - The lyrics are more appropiate to step here.

Headless / 00Razor00
Play Test: File is fun... so many hands though. Placeholder is not necessary.
Editor:
8.835 - Remove the first 2 notes here.
14.523 - This should be a 16th.
52.665 - Ghost note.
92.505 - If you're are stepping the melody, then all the notes should be different. But I know you where stepping the same sound as 101.381, so sync it in the same way (24ths).
128.560 - There are ghost 16th notes in this jumpstream, remove them.

Hyper Highspeed Star / Rebirth vs. Izzy
Play Test: Despite being a different remix, it feels similar to EHHS... and a bit inconsistent.
Editor:
- Offset is wrong.
66.397 - This is the only time you stepped the 16ths, be consistent.
68.291 - This should be a single note, the jump is in the next 4th.
143.715 and 143.804 - Missing notes. This repeats at 186.608
16.215 - Missing note.´
165.503 - No matter what you're stepping here, you have ghost notes like this one.

I Made This For You / Soul.
Play Test: 32nd trills... really?
Editor:
40.714 - I'm not sure about this roll.
42.857 - Quad does not fit that well imo.
43.661 - Change one note to the 16th.
44.143 - You use 32nd trills everywhere only to increase the difficulty. I'd say change all of them to 3-note rolls (same feeling but a little easier).
49.018 - Ghost note.

I'm a Monster / Coolboyrulez0
Play Test: File is ok. There a part with only [12] and [34] jumps that could use more variation.
Editor:
55.825 - Missing note.
62.473 and 62.598 - Missing notes.
75.348 - This is not wrong at all, I just recommend giving this section more variation alternating with [13][24] or [14][23] patterns.
106.286 - Missing note.

Incident Zero / hi19hi19
Play Test: Cool mid-difficulty chart. Congrats.
Editor:
0.00 - Notes within the first 2 seconds.
29.783 and 30.050 - You could layer these as jumps.

Internal Cannon / condoct
Play Test: The are some misrhythms.
Editor:
0.00 - Notes within the first 2 seconds.
27.752 - These are 12ths, not 16ths.
33.491 - Again, not 16ths.
113.677 - Missing note.

J'ai Entendu Le Train / DossarLX ODI vs. j-rodd123
Play Test: lol country... anyway there's a runningmen pattern repeated a lot that made this feel repetitive.
Editor:
11.780 - This is the runningmen patter I mentioned, you could alternate with a 1343134 runningmen.

Jazzman - Super Mario Bros / MarioNintendo
Play Test: Song is repetitive but chart is fun and very well stepped.
Editor:
2.105 - I don't think hands are necessary, other than 3.028 . This is repeated 3 or 4 times in the file.

Just Hold On / bmah
Play Test: Fun file.
Editor:
111.605 - I don't think this is part of the jacks, so it would be better on another column.
173.170 - You can step the 24ths like you did before, they're more noticeable imo.

Kirlian Choices / Choofers
Play Test: Lol... 4 Flashbulb files in a row x.x . Anyway, this file seems good... only a couple weird transitions.
Editor:
26.651 - I don't hear anything for this note.
63.323 - Missing 16ths.
68.423 - Another missing 16th.
112.974 - Missing note.¨
193.300 - Missing note. This pattern is repeated like 3 times.
208.816 - This section is full of ghost notes and missing notes (if I get correctly what you're stepping).

Kirlian Shores / DarkZtar
Play Test: I find this so hard ... I don't like it that much as a player.
Editor:
46.465 - These are straight 12ths... but I guess you're being expressive so it's ok.
67.036 - This is the same situation, but this time they're more off-sync... so move them closer to the 12ths.
71.750 - These are 32nds.
96.929 - Sync better.
163.893 - Sync better.

Lawn Wake III / mi40
Play Test: Wow... really fun file.
Editor:
7.707 - The change of bpm is weird.
10.932 - Missing note.
28.707 - Missing note.
94.407 - You should add the 4th jacks here too... I really like them.

Lawn Wake XI / t-rogdor
Play Test: Nicely synced, looks great.
Editor:

Let's Go / trumaestro
Play Test: Not a bad file, but so many jacks for my taste lol. PS: I played it one-handed too haha, nicely donde.
Editor:
33.376 - Missing note.
34.209 - You could give this section more variation than only down and right arrows.
41.616 - You can make this a jump because you're entering a louder section.
42.265 - Missing note.
77.079 - Missing 16th.
77.820 - Missing note.
78.561 - Missing note.
82.913 - Missing note.

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!!! / AlexDest
Play Test: I really liked this chart <3
Editor:
16.323 - You ignore this note 4 times but then you step it at 25.989.

Lunar Eclipse - a nation of moon / DarkZtar
Play Test: I don't hear the grace notes, I need to watch closely.
Editor:
11.330 - I know why these are jacks... but you are stepping the melody, and there are not jacks if you follow it.

Malevolent Mansion [Heavy] / Xx{Midnight}xX vs. T-Force
rating: 7/10 [+.] **NOTE**
Editor:
77.051 - Missing note.

**NOTE** - The patterns in both charts are identical for the most part, [Standard] just takes away all the 16ths from [Heavy] with very few changes. I judged them as different charts, but in my opinion they cannot get in-game being so similar. One chart must be changed completely.

Malevolent Mansion [Standard] / Xx{Midnight}xX
rating: 7/10 [+.] **NOTE**
Play Test: Cool chart, but there are some parts identical to Heavy. I really like the 16ths trills instead of 32nds rolls.
Editor:
69.288 - If you move this to the right arrow it would be tons better.

Mario Mix For Piano / MarioNintendo
Play Test: I love Super Mario Land, but I thought this would have more than 1 song in the "Mix" lol. Great chart.
Editor:
*No comments*

Mega Man 9 Rock Medley / MarioNintendo & megamon88
Play Test: so beautiful... :')
Editor:
51.178 and 57.578 - I don't hear anything that explains the jump jack.
157.858 - You should make this a single note and 157.946 a jump, layering the same sound as the jacks.
276.988 - Not sure about this being a triplet.
396.911 - Missing note.

Milky Blue / icontrolyourworld
Play Test: I was having so much fun... but then long 24th and 32nd streams ... still a great chart with a lovely song.
Editor:
258.091 - You missed the 24ths here.

Myriagon / Reshiram
Play Test: Great approach for this song.
Editor:
55.569 - This section feels empty, you could add some minijacks, or continue the triplets. But don't leave only 4ths here.

Negions Fail / hi19hi19
Play Test: Cool chart... but I'm curious to know why you ignored some obvious notes. I really like the use of colored notes.
Editor:
7.572 - Missing note.
36.155 - This is repeated in this entire section, the first pattern is ok, but then it repeats like this... missing the 8th jack here. Since this is repeated 14 times, you should add them to have more variation.

Nekomimi Switch / Xx{Midnight}xX
rating: 4/10 [+?]
Play Test: I like the song choice. It seems like there are some ghost notes in the jacks.
Editor:
16.235 - Missing note in the jack. Also, 16.422 is part of the jack too. This is repeated at: 22.235 , 28.235
18.860 - I think this is not part of the jack, but 19.422 IS part of the jack.
24.672 - Ghost note. and 25.422 is part of the up-jacks. This is repeated at: 30.672, 36.672
64.047 - Missing note.

New Fluttershy (MONSTER MIX) / megamon88
Play Test: Good job syncing those bpm changes.
Editor:
20.955 - There are some 16ths missing through this section. I will list the ones I found: 23.350 , 29.908 , 32.280

NEXT STAGE!! / Silvuh
Editor:
14.461 - Missing note.
46.128 - Move this note to 46.220

Not Our Tomorrow / DossarLX ODI
Play Test: Fast streams are fast...
Editor:
48.992 and 49.107 - Ghost notes.
69.300 - Ghost note.
72.992 - Ghost note.

Okay! / Frank Munoz
rating: ??/10 [!]
Play Test: -Blank File-
Editor: -Blank File-

Outer Space / Tidus810
Play Test: Cool colorful chart.
Editor:
110.292 - You should make this a single note since there's no melody here. If you make this be sure to change 112.343 and 114.394 too.
116.446 - Move the down arrow to around 116.510 , making a triplet.

Still Shy VIP Instrumental / megamon88
Play Test: Those 32nds streams are an unnecessary diff-spike imo.
Editor:
28.069 - This entire section is missing a lot of 16ths in almost every triplet you have, like this one.
90.962 and 118.391 - I think the 32nds are too much for this file.

kommisar

Art of the Madness [3/10]
-The entire beginning is a huge dumpstream. Rather, this whole file is one long dumpstream. There is barely anything accentuated here and is very bland. The halfway part is just a huge mess of colored notes that really have no business being colored notes.

Danse Bacchanale [4/10]
-m9 this section is quite confusing. Your jump useage isn't very consistent with what you're following, nor are the accentuations.
-m33 this sound isn't accentuated enough to warrant hands. It looks overlayered for what the song offers. Just a simple pattern with a bit of buildup works better.
-m43 crashes aren't hands anymore? though I realize they're not as loud, they're still quite a presence.
-end of m51 don't forget the flute 32nds.
-the 24ths you did follow sound more like 32nds.
-re-check that section to make sure you're using consistent rhythms between 24ths and 32nds
-m80 hands would work as jumps
-m90 the gallops are no longer audible compared to the straight 8ths. would make more sense to follow those.
-m93 2nd 4th note is missing 16ths following it if you listen carefully. same with a few other parts in this section.
-m97 this feels a little too understepped. the flow is broken here.
-m105 the bass hits can be accentuated as jumps
-m109 I have nothing against the 32nds to the harps, but technically it could be something a little faster to add that effect. though given the difficulty of the rest of the file it's not a big deal
-end of m144 the missed 16th triplet here should be obvious
-This is a very long song that often repeats some areas longer than they should, but given the nature of the song and how it's all sync'd there isn't much to do about it.
-the 24th stream parts can be a bit of a difficulty spike though
-m181 you could follow the percussions here to fill in the bland straight 8th jumps (the 16ths)
-m197 for a climax you really should follow the 16ths here building up to the end.
-m200 I don't agree with the jump here. nothing really there. could step the timpani roll though.
-Props on stepping a song like this.

dr. mario [1/10]
-first off, you shouldn't start the song on an awkward beat like this. you should either start it right away or when the melody starts at m3
-there doesn't seem to be any effort put into pitch relevance. feels like the arrows were thrown in at random
-m10 you could've stepped the bleeps here at least
-m11 the 16ths aren't followed, instead it's just incoherent 4th jumps with 8ths in between.
-lots of work needs to be done on this file. nothing really makes sense, areas are very inconsistent.

Dragoon Slayer [3/10]
-from the start, I can't help but feel the 16ths would add so much more to your chart.
-m4 the orchestral hits could be more pitch relevant for a better feel of the chart.
-end of m5 16ths leading up to the next measure (reason i'm suggesting 16ths is because of the heavy useage of jumps)
-so many missed sounds, then 12ths to trumpet? there were so many other sounds that were much more prominent.
-most of this file is just 4th and 8th jumps with the occasional 16ths if the lead just so happens to go with it. given the density of this file, there really should be more things followed. as is, it's quite bland.
-m65 missed a note

Far East (All Night) [5/10]
-m9 3rd 4th if i'm following your layering correctly, shouldn't there be a jump here to the synth hits?
-some jumps seem either missed or the layering becomes confused in this section.
-m26 the background synth here has some nice little 16ths that could be followed to add a nice transition since this section can get a little monotonous. that, and you follow them at m30 so it's just a quesetion of consistency.
-in this section, I really don't think it's necessary to add 32nd flam notes to the guitar notes. they're barely audible and don't really add much to the lead.
-m33 the guitar here has more of a glissando, so more than a 32nd flam would work better here.
-m34 the 32nd here is a good example of why it's really not necessary to add flam notes. it's an 8th and should stay that way.
-end of m34 i don't really hear 16ths, same with m36
-end of m41 if you listen carefully you can hear the synth adding a 16th note after the last 8th.
-m71 I get wanting to accentuate the guitar here, but it isn't completely necessary.
-m72 this whole part is a mess. could use some more clean sync'ing of guitar and overall what you're following.
-m98 no 32nd roll anymore?

Feelings From the Air [5/10]
-m22 this is probably the first time i'll suggest it but the claps should be followed as polyrhythms to fill in this empty section
-m25 same thing with the claps for consistency.
-m30 the 12th jumps here don't really make much sense.
-m31 first note could use a jump since it's a crash, this section could also follow the bass drum which is more or less ignored until the end of this measure for some reason.
-m48 listen carefully and the piano will present a 2nd 16th gallop between 4ths.
-this section it's also a little hard to ignore the running 16ths, but it's up to you.
-m68 the 16th bass drum/clap combination is sometimes followed, sometimes ignored.
-m74 compared to the rest of the file this section feels disappointingly underlayered. I would honestly add jumps here.
-rest just repeats.

Fire [7/10]
-start of the file, the brass instruments I feel could be used as jumps instead of single notes.
-nothing really blatantly wrong with this file otherwise. jumps are very consistent, 32nd patterns are very nicely managed. shame the song is so short though.

Flower Forever [2/10]
-not the best pitch relevancy I've seen. Could definitely use some improvement.
-m6 percussions here could be given some importance rather than just repeating the past 4 measures.
-m10 there's a new synth introduced that offers other 16th notes to be followed. listen carefully.
-i'm sure this whole intro section could be cut in half, but that's up to you.
-m17 these could be 32nd rolls, but again it's up to you.
-m21 listen to the 16ths here. rhythm is wrong. should land on 4th note.
-m35 that first 16th note doesn't really fit there.
-m45 you should keep following the jumps on 4ths.
-invisible 16th streams. quit out.
-if you really listen to the BARELY audible percussions in the background, they're not straight 16ths at all. though this seems to be a popular misconception with sharpnel songs

For FFR [3/10]
-m8 this jump should be removed. it's not enough of a hit to warrant this. if you were in stepmania, as a hold it would work. but here I think it's best to leave as a single note.
-m9 technically this is a straight stream with no stops, so there shouldn't be any holes. though I see you're following the bassline, in which case I would go over this section again since there are a few extra 16ths added (ex: the 16th note after the 2nd 4th note)
-m17 you should follow the 8th (16th at half speed) notes here. feels like a really awkward transition.
-your bursts patterns are fine for the most part, but the last one at m20 should be re-worked a little.
-m22 there's really no need for teal notes here, especially since they're offsync.
-mid of m25 you randomly stop following the stream?
-m38 hole here?
-m53 you stop following the stream again. makes no sense.
-i'll give you one thing, your stream patterns are nice.
-file needs a lot of work. given the nature of the song though, it doesn't offer much more than straight 8ths and jumpstream though.

Futari, Hajimari [6/10]
-first measure, i'm sure some of those echo notes shouldn't be there. barely audible (the last 4 more specifically)
-m7 right before the 16th note, should be an 8th. this occurs in this entire section.
-i'd have a few more nit-picks about this file but the fun value makes up for it.

Future Destination [3/10]
-m10/11 single notes should be sufficient for this lead. the jumps just oversaturates this section.
-m35 missed a 16th in the melody.
-m37 why are there 32nds here?
-m54 if you're following the percussion, there's an awkward gap between the 2nd and 3rd 4th jumps that should be filled with the 16th beat you can hear.
-m56 when slowed down, some 16th notes in your sequence are too many (near the end of the measure)
-m57 alternatively, some 16ths right at the beginning are missed.
-slow down this section and listen carefully. a few other spots are off.
-m63 the 192nds really aren't necessary.
-m79 192nd again really useless here. nothing to warrant it.
-m87 this whole section is a mess. none of the leads/rhythms are being followed properly. when slowed down, there isn't anything making much sense. this is further demonstrated by the awkward break at m90
-m101 the bass drum is completely being ignored, same with the 32nds.
-m102 the hits are mingled in with the jumpstream, but then at 103 the jumpstream randomly stops.
-last 4th note shouldn't be there.

Future~Shock [2/10]
-song starts on an awkward beat. start either on the frist measure or at measure 4. also the hi-hats aren't consistent if you're following up until the end of m3. they go throughout the whole measure (probably best not to step them)
-m6 I don't hear any 32nds here.
-m10 this part is just a mess. you now placed 16ths where there were 32nds, and then you switch again. makes no sense whatsoever.
-listen carefully to the beats in this song. Most 32nds and 24ths seem thrown in at random.
-m31 the first 4th jump doesn't exist.
-file needs a lot of work. lots of ghost notes added where there are no present sounds.

Galaxy [6/10]
-m22 missed a 16th bass drum beat after the first 8th note. check the rest of the file for a few syncopated bass drums missed like this.
-layering is consistent, accentuation is clear and nothing is out of place. well crafted file.
-song ends tragically short. there's no real climax and feels as if it's incomplete. extend at least with the dubstep chorus again?

Go 60 Go [5/10]
-artist should ~technically~ be takoyaki but whatev
-starting at m5 i'm disappointed you didn't follow the little toms (m6 feels like it has an empty space as a result)
-m13 really the 64th notes should be before every 8th beat. the hi-hats pick up in this section.
-m25 your following of the 64th swing hi-hats is inconsistent. sometimes you randomly stop, sometimes you mingle them in near the 16ths. Honestly I would just follow the straight 16ths in this section.
-m45 this is a great example of how you should've followed m13
-m48 since this is a bit of a transition, rather than stepping every audible sound it would be better to accentuate the beat hits instead of adding all the intermittent 64ths.
-This file has an issue with consistently following what's going on, especially with the 64ths. They're often dropped or inconsistently used and it's really confusing to follow what's going on most of the time

Go Beyond!! -jazzy mix- [7/10]
-file starts on an awkward beat. fix this please. either start it on time (add proper 2 second delay don't be lazy tim) or wait till measure 5
-some of your mini-jack useage I don't exactly follow, but the rest of this file makes up for it. very complex beats with awesome accentuation. xoon pack hehu

Gotta Catch 'Em All [4/10]
-I have no problem with you layering the vocals to the jumpstream, but maybe add the snare hits as well? Just a suggestion
-m19 this could also work as jumpstream to add to the transition with the 8th jumps.
-m22 during the hands the drums don't stop, but you stop following the 16ths for some reason.
-m30 totally missed the snare 16ths
-m37 since you've been following jumps to the vocals the whole way so far, shouldn't there be a jump on the last 8th as well?
-m52 there's a hole and there should be a 16th there. nothing in the song really stops here
-m58 I guess this works alright but the missing 16ths snares irk me.
-end of m63 missed 16th snares again
-m71 missed 16th snares
-m75 after the first 8th hand missed a 16th
-m85 missed a snare hit where the 2nd 4th note should be
-end of m86/start of 87 I don't get why there are invisible 16ths here.
-m97 some lead guitar notes are ignored after the first 4th note
-m102 you decide to accurately follow the guitar sweeps, why not in the two measures before?
-m134 I really don't understand the 4th jumps here. not really going to anything in particular
-m160 for the last three notes, the missing 16ths is really inexcusable given the difficulty of the rest of the file.
-lots of inconsistencies in this file

Hajnal [6/10]
-the lack of 2 second silence at the start of your file may be an issue, but that's not really a reason to penalize your file since it starts off right.
-m34 this is probably just me nit-picking but the burst patterns could maybe flow a little better
-m42 instead of adding 192nd flams why not just make the whole 3 note jump a 192nd if you want to accentuate that sound?
-m45 missed a 16th after the 3rd 4th note
-m47 this needs to be looked over. the buzzing sounds follow a more specific sound than just randomly placed 192nds. Regardless, it would work better as jumps of one color rather than complicating things with polyrhythms
-at m62 I'd rather you do something like you did at m64. Flam notes should only be applied when actually present.
-m68 the violin has some pretty clear notes, the pitch relevancy here shouldn't be an issue.
-the amen break sections of this song, 192nd flams aside, are fantastically managed. again I stress nearly all of the flam notes in this song don't really exist and only cause annoyance.
-m134 after the 192nd missed some 16ths
-bursts like at m186 are an example of how they should be used for that specific sound.

Headless [pass]
-VBR extention, doesn't play on SM5

Hyper Highspeed Star [4/10]
-m25 crash cymbal should be a jump/hand
-so far the first 30+ measures have been the same gallops on randomly placed patterns.
-m42 adding the random gallops again while strictly following vocals creates inconsistency. It just really seems out of place at this point.
-m49 the same sound was present last time you added the gallops, yet now it's a 7 note stream. this makes no sense at all.
-m63 the 2nd set of 16ths are barely audible
-m67 the jumpstream 16th hi-hats hasn't stopped, there's no reason why there should be a hole here.
-m69 if you're following jumps to the vocals, some 8th notes are missed.
-there isn't much consistency in this whole file. I realize it's an old-school structured file, but even as such it has major structure problems and missed things that just make it a mess at sections.

I made this for you [5/10]
-m24/25 I don't exactly think this is 32nd roll worthy. I realize it's to accentuate the buzzing effect but just some colored notes could work here as well
-m26 32nd trill. why? there's really nothing here to indicate such.
-m36 places like these there's no need for 32nds. it's just for the sake of difficulty but are irrelevant to the actual beats provided.
-this actually isn't a bad file at all. just suffers from "well since I can't use holds i'll just drown said section in invisible 32nd trills" syndrome.

I'm a Monster [6/10]
-m32 if you listen after the 4th jumps, sounds like there's a 16th guitar note (like at m34 but it has snare over it)
-m37 around the 3rd 4ths there are some drum beats missed
-m46/47 here I will pick at your simplicity. The jumpstream here is very blandly patterned.
-I like this. Very simple, not trying too hard to be fancy.

Incident Zero [6/10]
-m25 this hole here sounds like there could be a tiny 8th note
-solo theory is great. perhaps a little more could be layered in since it feels a little empty.
-m46 I'm disappointed the bass drum 32nds didn't get stepped
-M47 after the 16th jump missed a snare hit, also the next 16th could be a jump since it's a crash note
-m62 this 24th section is very long and becomes a bit tedious to play after a while. Could layer in some of the solo notes to avoid monotony. The solo just feels drowned out completely here.

Internal Cannon [6/10]
-m9 the hands are a great addition, but I don't think the 8ths between them should be forgotten.
-m22 3rd 4th the toms keep going yet you cut off at the next 8th note. should sound pretty apparent here.
-m27 these are 12ths, not 16ths.
-m31 after 3rd 8th note missed percussions (beat 122.5)
-m32 again the 16ths here are 12ths.
-m37/38 the percussions are completely ignored here for some reason.
-M57 should be apparent that there would be 8ths between the hands, but I get what you're doing.
-m61 feels a little unsettling because the ride is being stepped but louder things aren't
-this is a really sweet file but really needs some of those fixes.

J'ai Entendu le Train [pass]
-VBR extention, doesn't play on SM5

Jazzman [8/10]
-First 5 notes are the same intensity, so technically they should all be hands (though honestly you should place them as jumps, with the 6th note being a hand)
-accents are fantastic in this. really have nothing to complain about here.

Just Hold On [7/10]
- +1 for excellent pitch relevancy
-m25 it's pretty apparent the swing is MUCH more present than the barely audible background marimba. But I see you switch over in the next section.
-This song really feels anti-climactic haha. nothing technically wrong really.

Kirlian Choices [8/10]
-went over this song twice, couldn't really find anything worth picking at.

Kirlian Shores [7/10]
-there are a few spots (m20 for example) that have a few ghost percussion notes you can hear. could step them but just a suggestion.
-m24 if you slow down this section, the 12ths are actually faster.
-m31 at least make the jumps here alternate. having that jack is a little much. (not a huge deal though)
-great file. bursts managed quite well.

Lawn Wake III [7/10]
-I suddenly get to a point where I have to play like 5 flashbulb files in a row which are all fantastic.

Lawn Wake XI [8/10]
-this is the weirdest intro to a file I've ever played.
-I don't think I need to go and look at the sync of every note in this file. the first 20 measures were spot on.
-new contemporary simfile art award.

Let's Go [7/10]
-m19 this section here the 16ths from the previous measures keeps going on here, would maybe work well here as well.
-m21 missed percussion 16ths
-m35/36 the snare is ignored, would make a great build-up
-This file is really fun and that makes up for a few iffy sections.

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!! [6/10]
-m8 if you're following the synth, listen carefully at the end there are 12ths.
-m18 missing 24ths (same as before)
-m20 the first 16th should be 24ths/32nds (go over this part carefully.)
-m69 this 1243 pattern at this speed is a little annoying to hit. could change it around to flow better
-m72 if you're not following the synth, at least go with rainbow dash's annoying mutant screaming. just a hole like this is too awkward
-m86 the 16ths here could use a pattern change.

Lunar Eclipse [7/10]
-this song has a great feel to it. even though some sections are just slow jumpstreams the pitch relevance is great and the patterns flow greatly.

Malevolent Mansion [Heavy] [6/10]
-m20 you're only placing jumps to the snares here. I think it would be fitting if you added jumps at least to every 1st bass drum 4th note.
-m36 I feel like there could be more emphasis on the bass drum kicks here. when there are double bass drum kicks you could arrange the 4ths/8ths as a 2 note jack to note its presence.
-also at this measure, the jumps you placed aren't really loud enough (alghough correct). I feel like they could be used more effectively for percussions (though this wouldn't matter much if previous comment was follwed)
-m69/70 the 32nds with this pattern might be a little rough on each hand. maybe use 431/421 patterns?

Malevolent Mansion [Standard] [5/10]
-for this difficulty, I think the jumps are a little too heavy. You basically just took out the 16ths like a mediocre easier chart on stepmania.
-m44 you still left the jump trills. rather inconsistent with difficutly, especially with the 16th stream coming up after it. if you choose to follow the 16ths here, then perhaps the rest of the file should have them as well.
-m66 the 16ths were followed as 12ths before. why is it different here?
-just seems like there isn't much consistency in this file difficulty wise.

MArio Mix for Piano [6/10]
-right off the start i'm not sure the 8th jumps are really consistent with any sort of layering. the lower piano notes are on every 4th technically. then at m4, they're on every note.
-this sort of jumps on every 8th notes becomes really annoying throughout the whole file.
-I'll be honest, if you could cut the entire first half of the intro, this would be way better. the 2nd half is infinitely better.

Mega Man 9 Rock Medley [7/10]
-m5 the guitar notes would work better as jumps in this section.
-end of m10 next to the guitar flam there should be an 8th bass drum note. sorta irks me in this spot.
-m27 this 16th section feels too empty compared to the rest of the file. perhaps adding some synth jumps here would be cool.
-file's super fun

Milky Blue [7/10]
-sync at the start of the file isn't exactly spot-on
-m16 could you pick a better pattern for this plzzzz. 3412 going to 1234 is a horrid transition
-m44/45 this part feels a little too empty. i'd keep following the background chips
-reset of the file is very well crafted. another great ymck marathon file

Myriagon [7/10]
-theoretically (first few measures) the 8th single notes to the synth should be jumps as well.
-m16 missed bass drum 16ths
-great example of how traditional layering with accents is fun as hell.

Negions Fail [8/10]
-m14 missed 16th notes
-this is fantastic.

Nekomimi Switch [4/10]
-end of m10 missed 16ths
-m11 you really should step the vocals. the hole at beat 43 is super awkward.
-this whole section feels really underlayered compared to the rest of the file.
-m34 16ths missed again
-m39 when the synth kicks in again, you should layer this
-m43 this 16th note is wrong and should be an 8th.
-layering consistency is pretty odd in this file. pitch relevancy in obvious spots is relatively ignored.

New Fluttershy [6/10]
-beat 18.5 missed bass drum 16ths
-beat 26.750 missed 16th
-beat 31.250 missed 16th
-beat 62.250 missed 16th
-beat 169.750 missed 16th
-beat 171.750 missed 16th
-the long jumpstream section feels sorta anti-climactic, but works since it's near the end of the song.
-rest is pretty great.

NEXT STAGE!! [6/10]
-m2 feels like the harpy melody could be stepped as well to fill this gap a little
-m9 a hole like this is sort of awkward. there are some percussions going on as well.
-beat 49.5 this 8th jump goes to a barely audible brass note that wasn't followed as jumps before (example being the brass melody after beat 46)
-beat 102 the 16ths technically keep going.
-m28 what you're following here isn't exactly clear/accurate. the synth should be straight 16ths.
-beat 132.250 missed 16th
-beat 222.750 missed 16th

Not Our Tomorrow [8/10]
-ah man the 16th patterns in this are fantastic, EXCEPT BEAT 259 WHAT WERE YOU THINKING.
-I do wish some of the guitar melodies were better accentuated with 8th mini-jacks to give a better feel of transitions.

Okay! [pass]
-uh, sm file is empty for some reason

Outer Space [6/10]
-m6 I don't think those 24ths are necessary.
-beat 41.5 since you're accurately following the synth notes, should add a flam here
-some of the colored notes seem like a mess in this area pattern wise
-m16 32nd patterns need an overhaul.
-M40 not discrediting the color notes here, but some of the 64ths could just be used as straight 4th/8th notes
-m73 these could be managed a little better flow wise.

Still Shy VIP Instrumental [6/10]
-once the percussions start, the 3 note 16th runs should be 5 notes (example beat 69.250 is missing a 16th. this happens very frequently)
-m54 woooooooooooah these need a major pattern overhaul.
-beat 238.5 missed an 8th
-the 32nd runs in this file need to be re-done in general
-with some fixes this file is pretty boss.

TC_Halogen

Art of Madness (MarioNintendo)
Rating: 5/10 [+?]

- pitch relevancy can be improved slightly in many areas [-1]
- 53.188 to 88.525: lazily synced, and overly colorful as a result. The BPM could have been left at 162.9xx like it was before, and then subbeats could have been applied on the last note before where the 4th note needed to occur. You would accomplish the same result in terms of sync (letting it land on a 4th when you want it) while maintaining proper colors. [-3]
- chart/song are incredibly repetitive [-1]

Danse Bacchanale (Silvuh)
Rating: 6/10 [+.]

- VERY unique song!
- sync looks decent
- 109.513: nasty spike, oof. The rest of the file was (comparatively) pretty light, so going into a 24th trill with jumps like this is a bit harsh. [-1]
- 384.979: again, but near the end of the song, eek. [-1]
- 419.621 to 425.519: that's also really extreme. [-1]
- 112.339/114.221: where are the 24ths/32nds for the flutes? They're clearly audible here. [-0.5]
- after taking a second look at the song, I can't help but feel like the chart could be a bit more fitting (and more level in difficulty) with accented layering rather than direct layering (see: 99.538 and 103.586 for trumpet accents, or for a different side of the argument, 120.025/121.872/123.777 for spots where jumps are questionable because there's really nothing of accenting value for increased layering, etc.) [-0.5]
- also: holy long song

Dragon Slayer (Silvuh)

- changed BPM to 149.985 to prevent drifting, changed offset from -1.724 to -1.663 (61 ms) [-2]
- feels very forced and overlayered near the end, only as a by-product from trying to accommodate for strong instruments alongside of weaker and not prominent instruments [-1]
- the attention to detail in repeated notes is appreciated, though (48.068)
- lacking in accent detail and plays like a much more repetitive file because of how jumpy it is without any real changes [-1]

Far East [All Night] (00Razor00)
Rating: 7/10 [+.]

- 9.604 to 21.042: layering seems slightly off in some spots (I understand omitting jumps in spots like 9.604/11.104/etc, but what about 13.167/16.542/19.167/(etc)? [-1]
- 24.042 to 31.542: copy/paste (noticed the first two measures changed, but the rest is directly copy/pasted). [-0.5]
- 34.917: missing note for bass drum?
- 57.042 to 69.042: more copy/paste from first section [-0.5]
- 105.042 to 129.042: really nice guitar solo; patterns are well done and reflect the slides/pitch bends that the guitar does [+1]
- 129.042 to 151.542: copy/paste again? This song is repetitive enough as it is, but doing the exact same patterns that many times is a bit too much - it might be technically correct, but it makes the file drag so much more than it should. Simply manipulating the turn directions for the chorus melodies would have made the file considerably less repetitive because it would have mirrored notable patterns to make them notable on their own, or it would have turned split-handed [13]/[24] to one-handed [12]/[34] and changed the chart's patterns and structure without ruining the layering. [-2, simply because the layering situations in the 9.604-21.042 note exist within all of the copy/pasting and could use fixing in general]

Feelings From The Air (trumaestro)

I had to adjust the sync a bit because of a pause being in the chart since I judge with DDream. Times should hopefully be close, still.

- missed a note at 19.200
- 38.242 to 41.223/43.087 to 45.695: while the layering shifts to a more prominent instrument, it leaves behind the clap that you've been following the whole time... why? [-0.5]
- 46.192/46.938: jumps? [-0.5]
- 62.745/65.633/66.006/66.192/66.379/(etc.): missing jumps [-1]
- 78.304/90.229: missing jump (piano and bass drum coincide here, and it seems like you've been taking a more direct approach to your charting here) [-0.5]
- 83.897: missing note
- 99.360 to 102.341: another strange layering shift [-0.5]
- 104.111: shouldn't this be a jump too?
- 107.000: missing note for a synth accent that is very easy to hear [-0.5]
- 111.285: 16th run starts too early (it should start at 111.472) [-0.5]
- 127.497/139.422: missing jump (piano and bass drum coincide here) [-0.5]
- 143.894: you had a jump at this particular spot in the last section like this, why is it missing here? [-0.5]

This chart is somewhat disorganized. It tries to have a clear structure, but it breaks from the structure a few times and it's not always clear as to why.

fever gameboy rmx (blindreper1179)
Rating: 3/10 [?]

- offset changed from -0.020 to -0.050 (30 ms)
- structure in this chart is very strange
- 3.250/6.450/9.650/12.850: while I'm not against a lack of pitch relevancy in a chart, I wouldn't mind seeing consistency within sections that sound the same, and that simply doesn't happen here. The patterns almost look randomly thrown together. [-2]
- 8.050: that works alright.
- 16.050: jumps put in place instead of the 16ths actually works somewhat nicely in this area
- 20.050: accidental repetition in taps when there's really nothing that merits it [-1]
- 28.850 to 41.650: all sorts of problems here - jumps aren't consistently used (see: 31.250/34.450; a synth actually lands every two beats so these should be a jump), all sorts of missing sounds for things you attempt to follow (you account for the sound at 30.050, but that same instrument plays an 8th note later - this happens at 29.250, 29.450, 30.250, 30.850, 31.050, and many other places.) [-3]
- 51.250: you put jumps here for the 8-bit claps, but don't account for them anywhere else, which is a structural inconsistency for the entire section [-1]

Fire (Elite Ninja)
Rating: 9/10 [+]

- offset changed from -0.060 to -0.038 (22 ms)
- as someone who is a huge fan of accenting, I was a little disappointed to not see at least jumps for the brass accents that happen at the start of every measure for the introduction [-1]
- I love the indirect attention to detail in the bass in your chart; when the percussion is running, the bass gets much more attention in your chart and gets heavier layering, regardless of what's going on (see: 47.332, 50.156/etc), but has considerably lighter layering when there is no percussion going on at all (see: 79.803/85.450/etc.) [+1]
- I am VERY fond of this chart. Excellent work!

Flower Forever (MrPopadopalis25)

- offset is fine
- 49.874/55.353/60.832/66.312: check rhythm - these notes should be a 16th up [-1]
- 86.774 to 125.130: as a pad player (moreso ITG player), I very much agree with climax theory as a way to increase difficulty -- however, I don't think this is an appropriate place to do this; what's worse, is that this stream lasts for nearly 40 seconds. [-3]
- 130.610: this would be a more appropriate area for a stream since all of the components of the song are together, but either way, I don't think you can get away with it for that long.
- 174.445 to 207.3122: again, it doesn't really work well. It actually gets a bit boring after a while. [-3]

For FFR v2 (XxMidigamixX)

- offset changed from -1.383 to -1.364 (19 ms)
- 3.531/11.531: missing notes for main melody
- 12.031 to 22.697: the gaps in the streams are a bit strange, especially considering that there are not one, but two instruments that run constantly (your hi-hat, and your synth). [-0.5]
- 22.697: BPM cut is early, and somewhat unnecessary at this point because the bass drum still runs quarter notes at 180 BPM [-0.5]
- 24.197: YNS - adjust for the changing time signature (do it at 33.364 too, because after fixing the sync at 24.197, your entire chart will be YNS) [-0.5]
- 34.697 to 40.031: green note gimmick for the piano is a minor problem without forced arrow placement because the stream becomes horribly uneven; if you're going to do a color gimmick, force the note to land where it normally would be without the color change. [-0.5]
- 50.197: strange layering structure for a split second [-0.5]
- 50.697 to 61.197: inconsistent layering - bass drums and piano chords seem to all be jumps, but jumps are missing in numerous spots for no real reason; area also seems overlayered as is, so it might be wise to rethink this area [-1]
- 61.364 to 72.031: run looks very plain because there doesn't appear to be any relevance in it [-0.5]
- 79.364: odd place to stop the stream [-1]
- 89.447/89.614: remove notes
- 91.114/91.447: misrhythm [-0.5]
- 93.967 to 110.697: a jumpstream really doesn't seem appropriate here; yes, the synth is playing the entire time, but it's hard to discern the notes in between the 8ths and it's also uneven chart progression (a more active area like 61.364, for example, has only streaming). [-1]
- 110.697: again, pretty abrupt ending for the stream [-0.5]

Futari, Hajimari (Silvuh)
Rating: 8/10 [+]

- offset is fine
- 1.915: while this rhythm starts correct, it actualls ends up being too slow to account for the rest of the echo [-0.5]
- 29.582/45.582: missing jump? can't quite tell if you're following the snare or the bass that happens, but there are three previous instances of jumps that don't collide with the strings on beat 2 of every measure. [-0.5]
- 58.207/60.207/62.207/(etc): missing flams for snares [-0.5]
- 125.582: see 29.582 [-0.5]
- really well done chart aside from a few minor details

Future Destination (Reshiram)

- offset changed from -0.060 to -0.052 (8 ms)
- 9.652/14.452: with you following the bass as jumps previously, I can't help but feel like the bass shouldn't be ignored in your PR (i.e. you could try anchoring the left arrow and then do 4-3-2 - so... [14]/[13]/[12])
- 22.552: check PR (I mention this because you're obviously trying); 22.252 and 22.552 should be on the same arrow (this happens later too, and it is slightly glaring, also: see 23.452) [-0.5]
- 41.077: missing note
- 43.627: I hear some sort of distortion in the synth here, but it's barely audible and actually impossible to hear at lower rates, so you might do better without the 32nd here
- 60.502: remove note
- 64.402: missing notes [-0.5]
- 66.802/71.452: tons of ghosted notes if you're attempting to follow the melody (and with how much attention you're paying to the melody, you probably shouldn't try to fill things with the bass drum since this area is entirely unlayered and seems to focus exclusively on the melody) [-0.5]
- 76.252/81.052: ^ [-0.5]
- 94.846: that's an odd place for a triple
- 103.252 to 124.852: this ending is strange and hard to discern and seems very inconsistent [-2]
- not a bad chart really, but a lot of strange patterning

FUTURE~SHOCK (rayword45)
Rating: 4/10 [+?]

- offset changed from -0.031 to -0.022 (9 ms)
- 3.407: what does this follow? if it's a hi-hat, there are more of these beforehand that aren't followed [-0.5]
- 4.945 to 14.792: a few issues right off the bat -- one of the things I'm noticing is some slight inconsistencies with jump usage. Right off the bat, I see that you're layering jumps over percussion, which is perfectly fine; however, comparing something like 6.176/8.638 where there's not a large discernible difference in song structure, so it seems incorrect. Also, not all of the 32nds are correct in this chart if you take a bit of a closer listen. 11.715 and 12.022 also share similar jump issues (what are the 8ths on? Vocals are on quarter notes in this spot.) [-1]
- 18.484/19.099: these aren't 24ths if you listen a bit more closely. [-0.5]
- 24.330: to be perfectly honest, I can't hear the notes in this part of the wall at all [-0.5]
- 34.484 to 43.099: way too many jumps in this area - you have no differentiation between your synths and your more noticeable percussion, which makes this area look extremely awkward (there are also a few ghost notes here, but not really noteworthy enough to deduct further) [-0.5]
- 52.945: holy wall; a lot of the notes are barely audible too, so that's just a ridiculous spike [-1]
- 66.484 to 76.330: not feeling this section. I'm all for syncopation, but it's hard to really draw a rhythm that fits with what you have. The synth doesn't play as frequently as the chart conveys, and despite being a cooldown area (cooldown being 1/2 BPM section), it's still extremely heavy. [-1]
- 80.945: not a 48th wall [-1]
- reminds me of a slightly more enjoyable DeVouR...

Galaxy (Coolboyrulez0)

- offset changed from -0.023 to -0.035 (12 ms)
- 34.321 to 54.892: the first stream is so aggressive with very little going on (just a very mellow and active synth), but the section after this seems very empty when it could have a little bit more added on (like the bass drum, for instance) - it's quite a difference in difficulty [-1]
- 69.464/83.178: you follow previous bass repetition with jacks, but ignore it here, and having these as jacks will give more attention to the pitch changing [-0.5]
- 89.178: so empty - you could fill a few spots with the hi-hat/ride/w.e. that plays every 4th note so that the run at 96 seconds isn't quite as abrupt [-1]
- 92.606: another option you have could be to follow the choppy synth here, it would catch a player's attention and hold them over right before the longer streams that happen a few seconds later
- honestly, I can't give many -real- technical errors in the chart, but the emptiness is a killer, especially when it can be alleviated in some cases [-1.5]

Go *60* Go (Wayward Vagabond)

- This song has sampling issues that causes it to drift suddenly for a bit, and then drift back to 160. I tried getting all of the instances of this, but it happens very frequently. The chart stays at 160.000 all the way to 109.750, and then I applied a change of 162 at 109.750, until 110.496 (which I put it back at 160). This happens a few times, and without these changes, the chart will drift as far as 25 ms off. Trying to increase the BPM will level other portions of the chart, but will never entirely sync the file perfectly. [-1]
- offset changed from -8.117 to -8.130 (17 ms)
- 38.130: missing cymbal, sadface
- 44.130 to 68.130: really inventive layering/patterning - the switching in and out of the swing and the main melody whenever applicable is really well done
- 74.130 to 78.630: not a big fan of the fact that a really calm area of the song actually gets the full swing of the hi-hats, which is a bit awkward to me [-1]
- a lot of the forced mini-jacks within the 64th swing don't feel correct [-1]
- this seriously is a really goddamn clever file, haha

Go Beyond ~Jazzy Mix~ (Patashu)

- my only gripe with this file is the large amount of forced minijacks [-1]
- I have a feeling a lot of people might disagree with the file, but I think it is spot on in terms of intensity, feel, flow (in and out from smooth and rigid), pace, and pattern choice. Relevance is spot on, layering is great and a bit less constrained than your typical Patashu chart (albeit, a bit more aggressive), and I could see a lot of top-level players having a love/hate relationship with this file.
- very difficult and EXTREMELY technical file, but with no real luck-based patterns that require you to cheat.

Gotta Catch Em' All (Wayward Vagabond)

- nice attention to detail at 17.449
- file starts to drift early [-1]
- the interruption at 95.366 to accommodate for the lyrics is really awkward without the drums following it because the first chorus section had full focus on both [-0.5]
- 190.449: layering looks a bit odd; it's definitely worthy of accenting, but I'm not quite seeing enough of a differentiation for triples [-0.5]
- 195.449: extremely harsh patterns; I'd much rather see the lyrics here accommodated as jumps to give the POK-E-MON lyrics as triples much more of an accent [-0.5]
- not a bad file, FFR needs more jumpstreaming files like these

Hajnal 2 (mi40)

- offset is fine
- 19.078 to 23.906: jumps feel a bit strange to me considering they're only following the same bass instrument; the differentiation is acceptable to note as jumps, but I feel like the jumps are much more appropriate from 26.320 and on, since a percussive instrument starts trying to feed through behind the bass/violin/etc. [-0.5]
- 48.388: that is gross. It makes sense, but man...
- 54.250: neat little accenting bit there.
- 59.423: when it comes to color accenting on special sounds (and I think Carlos for telling me this because it does make your charts a bit cleaner on conversion too), change all of the notes to one color rather than having them slightly separated - it becomes more visually clear to the player that you want them to pay attention to some sort of sound, and you won't have to worry about frame separation either.
- 60.112 to 68.388: try to make your jump usage a bit more clear. Following the bass drum and snare drums are fine, but if you want to follow other things, try to do so more consistently. There's instances of hi-hats/rides that you follow as jumps and other instances as single taps. [-0.5]
- 64.940: mess of ghost notes here. [-0.5]
- 66.125: this colored mess isn't needed here, there's only a single buzz and then everything becomes cohesive right after it [-0.5]
- 68.388: not the most representive rhythm here, but I guess it works.
- 70.026: ghost note
- 70.716: roll begins a tad early (buzz lands on a 4th note)
- 73.561: this buzz really doesn't have a defined rhythm, yet you put some really nasty pattern to it when it can be accented as something really smooth or simple. This also goes for the burst that you have at 74.078. 74.336 and the next five notes are fine, but remove 74.552. [-0.5]
- 79.423: much better. Bass and snare drum are much easily discernible and your chart reflects this.
- 83.043: nothing lands here to merit a jump in this particular area. Try putting jumps at 82.957 and 83.130 (as there are snares here). [-0.5]
- 83.216: I understand the white notes, but why the jump here? Also, the short buzzing stops at 83.561, so you can drop the white notes there. [-0.5]
- 108.388 to 124.940: again, try to keep a closer eye on your jump usage. One example of inconsistency I can point out is 114.078 and 114.768/115.112, which have the same percussion sequence. Keep track of where all of your bass drums and snares are, and your chart structure will be a bit more clean. I understand intentional omission of jumps for short sequences of snares that are 4 notes or longer, but try to keep things as consistent as possible. [-0.5]
- 110.630: no need for a minijack here
- 145.975: a nice attempt at color tricks, but the rhythm is actually noticeably incorrect. [-0.5]
- 166.319: while not correct in rhythm, the sound is very noticeable and very unique, so I'm not entirely opposed to this being here. However, the pattern is a little rigid.
- 171.837: rhythm is incorrect; every sample in this sequence is 3/64th of a note apart, with a snare happening once every three 16th notes [-0.5]
- 183.906: while I do like that you care about accenting, it seems like your accenting is almost worthless simply because you're forcing quad-flamming, which is a similar motion every single time, whereas you can capture something like this using triples and actually give a visually descending feel, too. [-0.5]
- 192.526 to 224.251: but then, there's areas like this that are stepped really well [+1]
- 231.147: fill in this blank space with the violin - it would be a shame for someone who likes the file to hate it because they weren't aware of something else coming
- 268.389: see 231.147
- there are a few more jump discrepancies from 183.906 to the end, just browse through and see what you can do to make things more clear [-0.5]
- very strong effort to make this a good file, but there tons of little mistakes that really start to become glaring as the file goes on and they keep consistently happening

Headless (00Razor00)

- offset is fine
- 14.523: no swing here; also, the 24th that appears immediately for after should be a 32nd [-0.5]
- 45.165 to 64.982: a missing note here or there for some of the drum breaks (see: 50.807, 52.252) [-0.5]
- 116.731: slight but noticeable PR issue with a repeating tap for two separate notes
- 128.560 to 131.037: quite a few ghost notes here [-1]
- 135.991/139.775: nasty mini-jack forced into burst [-1]
- pretty good file with some minor errors

Hyper Highspeed Star (Rebirth vs. Izzy)
Rating: 1/10 [-]

- offset changed from -0.024 to -0.055 (31 ms)
- patterns are very repetitive in multiple areas [-2]
- 83.314 to 100.989: inconsistent layering due to a lack of continous representation of lyrics (missing jumps at 83.630 and 84.261 where 88.364/88.680/88.996 are quarter note lyrics that are represented with jumps; missing jumps at 84.577, 84.735, 85.050 and 85.208 where 87.102/87.260/(etc) have jumps on 8th notes; this issue happens in the second half of the chorus as well [-1]
- 103.514 to 123.556: inconsistent; if the main focus is only the synth, then there's a large amount of ghosted notes (104.777/105.092/107.302/107.617), or if the focus is a layered combination between the synth and the snare/clap, then there are a fair amount of missing notes (104.461/106.986/109.511/(etc) [-1]
- 124.977: more missing jumps for lyrics at a pace that is represented later in the file [-1]
- 130.500: another missing jump
- 133.814 to 143.914: this part of the chorus shares similar issues with the earlier chorus areas [-1]
- 154.014: BPM is cut when the pace of the song has clearly returned (bass drum is playing every beat at 190 BPM when your chart is still moving at 90) [-1]
- 166.560: the first half this chorus is directly copy pasted from the first half of the previous chorus and quite honestly, I can't take anymore of this; this chart was lazily put together with very poor and repetitive pattern choices; quitting out here because I browsed through the rest of the song and realized that it's just more 16th jumpstreaming with pretty much the same patterns over and over and over and over and over and over and
... and over and over again. [-2]

I Made This For You (Soul.)

- DDream hates positive offsets. Your offset is -0.000 and it needs to be a tad earlier, however, my offset is -0.418 when fixed. If you apply that offset, you'll have to shift your chart up a beat.
- use of pitch relevancy in the intro is actually not too bad
- 40.704: I'm all for accenting a sound like this, but a roll isn't the way to do it because this sound really doesn't have a definable rhythm. [-1]
- 44.132/(etc): 32nd note patterns from here on out are not the right option because it makes the difficulty incredibly forced, which is heavily frowned upon. This happens quite frequently with a mess of trills/rolls and other tricky patterns. [-3]
- 52.811: these 16ths are a mis-rhythm (notes should be at 52.704, 52.847, and 52.989, as 12th notes) [-1]
- 65.668: should be a 12th note [-0.5]
- 93.097: should be a 12th note [-0.5]
- this chart is somewhat inventive in areas, and does have some creativity behind it, but it's lacking in foundation. It's interesting in structure, but needs work to be an actual file.

I'm a Monster (Coolboyrulez0)

- offset changed from -0.348 to -0.384 (36 ms) [-1]
- the intentional omission of snares where the guitar doesn't play is a nice touch to give the guitar a bit more accenting value
- overall, layering is pretty strong
- 94.634/97.634: slightly wonky jump placement, the first has an extra jump or two for snares, the second is missing a jump [-1]
- overall, some jumps throughout the chart stand out as incorrect or inconsistently placed because a majority of this chart follows either hard vocals or snares/bass and there are a few jumps outside of these areas [-1]
- somewhat reminiscent of dore charting in rock songs, which is not a bad thing in my eyes

Incident Zero (hi19hi19)

- first sixty seconds are GREAT.
- however, the huge drop in pace to try and pay attention to the new melody really killed the intro for me, unfortunately. [-2]
- 80.898: this echo note is a tiny bit late (probably should be on the 16th at 80.853)
- honestly, the rest of this file is pretty good. I loved the opening, it literally emulates how you would play a march of this rhythm on a snare drum, it's so intuitive.

Internal Cannon (condoct)
Rating: PASS [NA/10]

- Passing due to bias as I've stepped this for ThirdStyle.

J'ai Entendu Le Train (DossarLX ODI and j-rodd123)

- sync is early throughout the file, and it's hard to alleviate with a song that changes in BPM constantly [-1]
- a little repetitive [-1]
- pitch relevance could use a bit of tweaking in a few areas [-1]
- it's nice to see this file stay pretty tame for a mid-level file in terms of layering, not a bad file by any means.

Jazzman -Super Mario Bros- (MarioNintendo)

- while technically accurate and correct, 2.105 (and any instances of this particular structure) looks very odd because most people won't notice that the bass disappears on the second note, and this is somewhat visually distracting even though I know that it's correct. [-1]
- fantastic file otherwise.

Just Hold On (bmah)

- very subtle PR in the intro, nice work with that
- 68.823 to 102.214 the structure changes from the swing to the streaming can be a little distracting when the synth is playing 24ths constantly, but it's not a daunting issue as it tries to keep things interesting. The large fluctuations of difficulty are more of a concern. [-1]
- 182.562: those jacks right at the end of the file, ugh [-1]
- aside from a slight dislike to the jacks, file flows nicely overall

Kirlian Choices (Choofers)

- have to judge this from SM due to the large amount of stops that really aren't necessary
- while most of the rhythms are otherwise correct, a majority of this file feels -way- overlayered (208 seconds in is perfectly fine, though) [-3]
- file is pretty rigid, but the rhythms are fine and despite the overdone layering, the file isn't bad under any circumstances

Kirlian Shores (DarkZtar)

- offset changed from -2.143 to -2.171 (28 ms)
- PR for first 20 seconds is fine
- the constant focus on the same subtle instruments you follow in the first 20 seconds makes the layering over-aggressive in many spots [-1]
- 60.266: 48th bursts at this speed are ridiculous [-0.5]
- 71.142: while this 48th burst is a bit shorter, it's split handed which makes it nearly impossible to hit without some ridiculous manipulation [-0.5]
- 105.028 to 107.028: more 48th madness at 210 BPM, jesus [-1]
- 134.552: another 48th burst (realize that 210 BPM 24th jumptrilling = 300+ BPM 16ths, which is over 20 taps a second to hit things cohesively). [-0.5]
- 152.456: ew, what is this 48th burst [-0.5]
- 160.790: gross 48th split-handed burst [-0.5]
- 165.028: 64th mini-bursts at this speed, jesus [-0.5]
- this chart has a great structure, but is overshadowed by a ridiculous amount of unreasonable bursting D:

Lawn Wake III (mi40)

- after noticing that your song was YNS in the intro, you should have fixed the offset so that the quick little change at 7.555 didn't need to happen [-0.5]
- similar to Hajnal, this chart suffers from ambiguous jump placement; there's missing jumps for occasional bass drums and snares that are strongly accented, and not all of them look like tasteful omissions to maintain good pattern flow; it's considerably more noticeable as the song starts going on and occurs from start to finish, unfortunately; the structure can be improved greatly throughout the entire file without compromising too much difficulty [-2]
- 17.682/17.982/18.282/19.182: bursts don't follow anything; also, why does the burst at 18.995 have a jump in it? [-0.5]
- there are more bursts with either incorrect rhythms/representations, or simply don't exist (see: 24.807 - somewhat easy to tell at normal rate but much easier to notice slowed down; 26.907 - no real separation; 35.607 - doesn't exist; 36.207 - 32nd/16th are ghosted; 37.970 - missing note for hi-hat sample; 40.070 - ghost note; 40.970 - ghost note; 42.245 - missing note; the list goes on throughout the song [-1]
- continued inconsistency with jump usage following the second half of the song [-1]
- file has great potential for sure, but needs a structural overhaul. Rhythms are mostly correct outside of the faster/more intense bursts, so there is an acceptable foundation.
- patterns are creatively put together as well

Lawn Wake XI (t-rog-dor)

- what the hell is this song O_O
- the patterns are really fast and intense, yet they are smoothly pieced together, so that's a plus
- structure looks accurate for the most part
- rhythms all seem correct, although extremely abrasive in some spots (see below)
- however, try to keep your bursts tame; stuff like 57.520 (forced minijack), 60.627 (1/192nd apart for four notes?), 81.527 (another forced mini-jack, albeit not quite as bad), 83.928 (96th burst?) and others are a bit extreme, even at 100 BPM. [-1]
- the intro drags quite a bit [-0.5]
- so does the end [-0.5]
- fair warning: I can see a lot of people really disliking this file (I don't, though).

Let's Go (trumaestro)

- offset changed from -3.098 to -3.092 (6 ms)
- despite being toned down, the file actually mains noticeable relevance with good structure
- while your target audience might be for one-handed players, a larger majority of the players playing this chart are spread players. With that being said, your patterns definitely get repetitive due to your constraint of making it playable for a particular style. [-2]
- song is a bit draggy and could use a slight cut [-1]
- I will give you props for holding to your promise; it's definitely playable for one-handed players - I can AAA this one handed for sure.

Louder!! Louder!!!! Louder!!!!!! (AlexDest)

- offset changed from -4.031 to -4.024 (7 ms)
- 16.024 to 26.024: being that you caught the 32nds at 25.941, the missing 32nds at 16.316, 18.983, (etc) are a little weird to see not present [-1]
- 26.691 to 37.358: while I'm all for having good relevance and all, a majority of the melody is masked behind jumps that go to the heavy bass drum; with that being said, I don't agree with this being copy pasted from the previous section [-1]
- 36.691/36.941/37.191: this change in accent is kinda neat
- 37.608/40.274/(etc): missing step for DER in "louder"? [-0.5]
- 69.358: another copy/paste melody, but it's only half so I'll only penalize half as much lol [-0.5]
- the last steps that represent the "lou-der" sample at the end of the song are slightly off (steps should be at 78.691/78.941)
- look out FFR; those of you that bullied All Y'all Bitches to a good score will have a bit more of an issue with this one

Lunar Eclipse - a nation of moon (DarkZtar)

- offset changed from -0.080 to -0.102 (12 ms)
- while relevant, that stream is incredibly draggy [-2]
- song feels very long, even though it isn't [-1]
- layering at the end is very heavy, almost over-emphasized (by-product of direct layering) [-1]
- structure does make sense, but personally isn't the most ideal choice since again, it makes the file feel much longer

Malevolent Mansion [Heavy] (Xx{Midnight}xX vs. T-Force)

- offset changed from -0.295 to -0.291 (4 ms)
- difficulty of this file fluctuates pretty rapidly [-1]
- 4.114: pattern change for relevancy happens a note too early; also, it forces a 12th note mini-jack (not the worst thing ever, but can be reworked) [-0.5]
- jump placement could use some work in terms of consistency [-1]
- 27.464 to 50.050: section is very repetitive and offers little relevance to anything really; even a lot of the 16ths are hard to hear (or are ghosted) [-2]
- 60.990 to 66.989: compared to the rest of the file, this is a huge spike in difficulty [-0.5]
- 79.635: pattern starts 1/24 of a note early [-0.5]
- 85.340/96.986/97.692: disgusting patterns for a file of this difficulty [-0.5]

Malevolent Mansion [Standard] (Xx{Midnight}xX)

- like the Heavy chart, there are some questionable jump placements [-1]
- 27.465 to 38.758: some notes feel like they don't follow anything - if they are a combination of the bass drum and the melody without adding extra layering, you're missing notes at 33.994, 35.052, 36.817, and 37.523 (for the bass drum) and at 28.700 (melody), ; if you're only following the melody, you have a ton of added notes that don't belong - it might be better for you to follow only the melody here anyway [-2]
- 38.758 to 50.051: jump usage is unclear [-1]
- 61.344: huge difficulty spike for this stream [-1]
- 66.991 to end: more jump inconsistencies (missing jumps for snares at 69.108*, 71.578, 71.931, 74.755, 77.225, etc -- missing jumps for power chords at 78.284, and 78.990)... [-1]

Mario Mix For Piano (MarioNintendo)

- the repeated taps are a bit of a distraction when there's not many repeating notes, but that's an arguable point so no huge penalty there [-1]
- the ending seems a bit under-layered compared to how heavily accented things are [-1]
- PR and layering are correct, and the accents are appropriate for a large majority; file looks enjoyable

Mega Man 9 Rock Medley (megamon88 and MarioNintendo)

- structure seems solid for the first minute and a half, nothing to really complain about without being subjective/overly nitpicky
- 95.178 to 107.978: jump usage seems a bit ambiguous [-0.5]
- 157.682/157.858/158.035: with the guitars being your main point of accent, putting these snares as jumps seems incorrect since they're nowhere near as audible [-0.5]
- 279.654 to 295.653: why are the guitars followed only half of the time? They're clearly audible and it's mildly distracting to see them followed in and out [-0.5]
- not liking the 300 BPM section areas starting at 307.388; it's artificial difficulty for areas that really doesn't merit a 300 BPM pace [-1]
- 398.286: what are the white notes for? seems a bit much for a guitar fade-out and I can't think of anything else that it could be [-0.5]
- very well stepped for a seven minute medley

Milky Blue (icontrolyourworld)

- blue note syndrome [-2]
- 39.724: roll stops a bit short from where it should - also, the second roll should run all the way to 41.152 (it stops at 40.948) [-0.5]
- 132.377/134.010: jumps? the notes layered on top don't play here [-0.5]
- 159.112: sounds like these should be 24ths
- 159.928: nice PR using rolls
- 164.826: jumps from here to 169.520 seem a bit strange to me [-0.5]
- 197.836: missing note
- 208.091 to 210.540: a lot of these 24ths are very very hard to hear [-0.5]
- while the patterns are generic in some spot, they are relevant in others

Myriagon (Reshiram)

- offset changed from -0.078 to -0.080 (2 ms)
- 11.178 to 22.277: strange layering (some bass drums are ommitted from layering?) [-1]
- 25.051 to 47.248: I let it go in the intro, but I can't let it go here; the jump placement for the melody is really awkward and the omitted notes feel strange without jumps compared to the rest of the chart (but having it as all jumps feels overlayered, so you definitely have a catch 22 with your structure) [-1]
- 58.346 to 69.444: PR isn't quite right with runningmen [-0.5]
- 84.531/90.080: missing white notes? [-0.5]
- 94.415 to 116.612: nice copy/paste/mirror
- file is a ok, a bit repetitive in terms of patterns

Negions Fail (hi19hi19)

- offset is fine
- neat color tricks!
- 35.988/38.822/41.322/(etc): missing step for repeated notes [-0.5]
- 102.238/104.905: missing note
- 110.115/111.488/(etc): I can't help but feel like there should be jumps here for these particular bass drums [-0.5]
- this file looks really goddamn fun, great job

Nekomimi Switch (Xx{Midnight}xX)

- offset is fine
- 3.110 to 15.110: aside from the jumps for snares, the 8th notes seem like they're just dumped in to fill space without creating jacks, as they're not relevant whatsoever [-1]
- 15.110 to 39.110: the pitch relevance isn't quite right because you have a constantly descending piano but your chart fails to reflect that constantly; also, what's with the missing steps at 16.235/22.235/28.235/(etc)? [-1]
- 39.110 to 51.110: same as 3.110 to 15.110 [-1]
- 57.110: random jump? [-0.5]
- 73.860: misrhythm (should be at 73.891) [-0.5]
- 75.110 to 99.110: same PR issues as earlier, although not quite as frequent since 88.610 and 94.610 since that would be correct [-1]
- ending is same, jumps with no real relevance, etc. [-1]

New Fluttershy [MONSTER MIX] (megamon88)

- sync does drift a tiny bit after the intro - it becomes about 10 ms off [-1]
- really goddamn intense file, woo
- structure is consistent in the drum breaks and stays perfect to the layering rules all the way throughout
- a little PR in the synths (not perfect PR, but just something even slightly noticeable) would have made the file a bit more memorable to me during the huge streaming section [-1]
- looks fun for higher level players

NEXT STAGE!! (Silvuh)

- offset is fine
- 17.517 to 35.294: a few horns are missing representation for some reason and it looks strange to see some notes missing (they're accented at 21.035/21.220 and 32.887/33.072, but not at 19.554/20.017/20.294 and 31.406/31.869/32.146) [-1]
- 51.683: missing note
- 67.887: missing jump for both flute/horn together? [-0.5]
- 91.874/92.430/93.356: missing notes for flute? [-0.5]
- not bad overall, a few minor kinks here or there

Not Our Tomorrow (DossarLX ODI)

- offset changed from -1.165 to -1.161 (4 ms)
- jump placement, while relevant to guitar (I noticed the repeating notes in respective spots consistently) is a bit tricky to follow because while you follow vocals with guitar as jumps, you also follow snares (or cymbals/rides, both are applicable) with guitar as jumps, so there are quite a few ambiguous jumps since the file does carry the same general structure through [-2]
- the 16th runs where the blast beats occur in the song are actually pretty rigid, but tolerable. However, that second to last run with the two down/up jump absolutely sucks. [-1]
- file is alright otherwise

Okay! (Frank Munoz)
Rating: !!/10 [!]

- Blank .sm file with no content.

Outer Space (Tidus810)

- offset changed from -2.087 to -2.083 (4 ms)
- good job catching the fact that the melody is disjointed from the actual percussion
- 12.339: what are these 24ths for? [-0.5]
- 92.852: I'm all for capturing sounds that are tough to hear, but overlaying that bass adds sudden layering for something that might not be easily heard [-1]
- 141.848: that's a little nasty [-0.5]
- 149.263 to 150.289: check your rhythms here, there are noticeable mistakes [-1]
- 151.507: at the end of a run this fast, a burst like this is really harsh [-1]

Still Shy VIP Instrumental (megamon88)

- offset changed from -0.105 to -0.107 (2 ms)
- 29.250 to 52.393: jumps being represented by both the bass/snare and the piano make the chart kinda messy; also, just about every instance of 16ths should be 5 notes and not 3 [-2]
- 90.964/118.393: what a huge spike, jesus; a 140 BPM 32nd stream with a jump in the middle of it, and a forced mini-jack too; I don't think people would be completely oblivious to the reasoning behind using a 24th stream here rather than a 32nd stream [-3]
- drop is sweet and charted really well, but those two huge runs are just a killer and I guarantee you this chart will be universally disliked by nearly everyone below D6 level, even more so because the rest of the chart is fairly well done

THE LITTLE MERMAID (hi19hi19)
Rating: 5 [PASS]/10 [+?/PASS]

- I've passed this one before... ugh.
- the layering is beyond overdone [-3]
- difficulty inconsistencies galore [-2]
- song sounds absolutely terrible and it makes me want to gouge my ears out, so I will mark this as PASS again alongside of my 5

Last edited by bmah; 11-29-2012 at 03:54 AM..