View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #667
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 444: ? by XXXTentacion (Album Choice: choof)

What the fuck dude, why? And also fuck that title.

So first thing first, that introduction was COMPLETELY unnecessary and didn't need to go on for more than 30 seconds, if that. After that, this seems to be lean more on the side of soft songs than hard bangers. That's good, because all these soft songs just sound like bad mid-2000s emo Hot Topic nonsense. It's pretty awful, but nowhere near as awful as when he tries to make an actual banger. Floor 555 sounds like Eminem gone digital hardcore, Going Down doesn't have the vibe to justify it's subject matter or general existence, $$$ just sounds more and more idiotic with every passing pitchshifted adlib. All of these songs infuriate you because they have no reason to exist, whereas most of the soft shit is just corny and laughable (I actually laughed out loud to Changes). The pure rock shit is mercifully the least commonly reoccuring stuff, because that stuff goes beyond awful into so-bad-its-good territory before looping back to so-bad-you-wanna-die. What even is Schizophrenia?

Actually lemme fix that, not every soft song is superior to the bangers, depending on what qualifies as the former. Pain = BESTFRIEND went from potential highlight to "whoa whoa whoa what are these TERRIBLE emo screams?"

Onto the good. infinity (888) is an actually decent banger, no doubt thanks 100% to Joey Bada$$ and I don't even speak spanish lol is sufficiently groovy.

That ends the good. Why the fuck you do this, choof?

These titles are fucking stupid.

Best Track: infinity (888)
Rating: 3/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 03-19-2018 at 10:28 AM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote